Cornuck wrote:And the NHL eventually realized they looked like a bunch of assholes.
The league finally made the "determination to maintain the status quo for the All-Star weekend in order to preserve all parties' pre-existing expectations, including Scott's desire to participate."
Score ran a story this morning on 3 ways to get out of this. Didn't realize that Scott's wife is ready to calve, possibly all-star weekend. There is also a $90,000 cheque to players on the winning team so Scott would have a good grievance case through the NHLPA.
NHL PR had shit thrown on their face by the fan voting, discussion with Scott to abstain smeared it around, with the trade debacle some got in their mouth and they finally realized how dumb they looked.
The All-Star weekend is a fan event specifically directed at families and young fans. The League lost sight of that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.
I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld wrote:It's not like Scott can make the All Star game more of a joke than it already is. When was the last time any of you watched this piece of shit?
If Scott had any class he would probably decline, but it's funny watching the league flail around.
I might watch just to see that big mess try. I think it's hilarious. Nobody gives a shit about the all-star game, why not let the fans select the John Scott's or the Rory Fitzpatrick's of the world.
I think they should mix all of it with HBO's 24/7 and the pre-drinking of the All-Star draft from a couple years ago. See how fast Kane skates after he downs 3 shots of Jack Daniels, only to watch him sail into the zamboni entrance and attack the squad of ice-girls getting ready to fire t-shirts into the crowd. Uncensored and mic'd up.
Rumsfeld wrote:It's not like Scott can make the All Star game more of a joke than it already is. When was the last time any of you watched this piece of shit?
If Scott had any class he would probably decline, but it's funny watching the league flail around.
Scott talked it over with friends and family who convinced him to go and have fun - and reminded him that he won't be getting a 2nd chance.
My odds of watching went up a quantum due to Scott's involvement. Also checking the over/under on Jagr's heart attack.
It would almost be worth tuning in just to see NBC's explanation of how Scott ended up at the game.
Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.
Wonder how this diva stunt affects his trade value.
Island Nucklehead wrote:Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.
Wonder how this diva stunt affects his trade value.
Island Nucklehead wrote:Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.
Wonder how this diva stunt affects his trade value.
But yeah Drouin has been playing in the AHL for a bit,
Syracuse coach Rob Zettler said Drouin has fit in with his teammates.
"I see a kid who is really engaged," Zettler said. "I see him having some fun, I see him having some fun with his teammates. I asked him what he did yesterday, he said, 'I was just hanging out with the boys.' He's engaged, he seems to be having some fun with his teammates, and we're winning some hockey games, so I think he's having some fun."
..then a trade was imminent, so now to avoid a Nugent-Hopkins type injury which would delay a trade, Allan the agent decided it's best for JD to not report to the AHL team. (as SL has shown^^)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
3 points in 7 AHL games. Guy is doing worse than Cody Hodgson in the minors.
By all means, kick the tires. But I don't want us getting into some kind of Phil Kessel-Toronto style trade where we dump what are likely to be high picks over the next couple years for a guy that apparently has a serious sense of entitlement. Sorry, I don't see the massive hype over a guy with less goals than Jared McCann in twice the games
If I'm Yzermann, I let him rot unless someone overpays. Tell him to report, stay home, or go to the KHL, but he's property of the Lightning and will be until the Lightning decide otherwise.