The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm
All this concussion talk... phhtt... Skinner has missed a grand total of 3 games in the last 4 seasons.

(Matthews has missed 34 games over the past 3 seasons) :wow:

And all this 63 points is his highest point total talk... $11.634M Matthews highest point total is 73 points.
Concussion was a big deal when Nylander got 1 and missed 0 games.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:43 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm
cap is going up you are aware?
Well if the cap is going up, Skinner's contract will look better and better

... while Matthews/Marner/Nylander's asks will get high and higher.
But Skinner won't be getting better. He will be getting worse. Marner and Matthews and Nylander are getting better.

Buffalo is screwing themselves.
Last edited by BigTuna on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 pm

You guys visiting for the Raptors parade?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21511
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:43 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm
cap is going up you are aware?
Well if the cap is going up, Skinner's contract will look better and better

... while Matthews/Marner/Nylander's asks will get high and higher.
But Skinner won't be getting better. He will be getting worse. Marner and Matthews and Nylander are getting better.
If Skinner will get worse because of age, so too will Tavares (same age, both will be 34 at the end).

Nylander appears to be getting worse from where I sit (probably the two concussions he's suffered).

If those 3 get better they'll cash in even bigger in 5 years time.

And the 8-year contracts they sign in 5 years time will take them to age 34.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm
All this concussion talk... phhtt... Skinner has missed a grand total of 3 games in the last 4 seasons.

(Matthews has missed 34 games over the past 3 seasons) :wow:

And all this 63 points is his highest point total talk... $11.634M Matthews highest point total is 73 points.
Matthews leads the entire NHL BY FAR in 5 on 5 goals since he entered the NHL and gets less TOI than anyone below him. Goals are a premium. Matthews is the best pure goal scorer since Ovechkin.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:43 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm
cap is going up you are aware?
Well if the cap is going up, Skinner's contract will look better and better

... while Matthews/Marner/Nylander's asks will get high and higher.
But Skinner won't be getting better. He will be getting worse. Marner and Matthews and Nylander are getting better.
If Skinner will get worse because of age, so too will Tavares (same age, both will be 34 at the end).

Nylander appears to be getting worse (probably the two concussions he's suffered).

If those 3 get better they'll cash in even bigger in 5 years time.

And the 8-year contracts they sign in 5 years time will take them to age 34.
Oh what you are saying is, they will be expensive in 5 years. Thanks. I'll worry about that in 2024.

And Nylander isn't getting worse. LOL. 5 % shooting %. Unsustainable.

BUffalo will have traded Skinner within 5 years.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Image

THAT's why he gets paid what he does,.

Fucking Babcock playing him 18 minutes. Idiot.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21511
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Matthews has missed 34 games to injury in the last 2 seasons

... and he can't seem to get along with coaches.

I predict he will lead Salutegate Part Deux within a few years

... due to Leafers running his buddies Marleau and Zaitsev outta town.

Then he'll Leave for the desert for his 8 year contract.

LOL at your chart showing $9M x 8 Skinner right up there with $11.634M x 5 Matthews.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 14973
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm
Matthews has missed 34 games to injury in the last 2 seasons

... and he can't seem to get along with coaches.

I predict he will lead Salutegate Part Deux within a few years

... due to Leafers running his buddies Marleau and Zaitsev outta town.

Then he'll Leave for the desert for his 8 year contract.

LOL at your chart showing $9M x 8 Skinner right up there with $11.634M x 5 Matthews.

He can’t get 8 years unless leaves trade him I guess. 7 year max as a FA
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6628
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:07 pm
Meds wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 pm
Marner's ask just went up to $13M.
On an 8 year contract?

Remember, he'll prolly sign a 5 year contract so Leaves can keep the AAV down (like Matthews and Nylander).
I'd say on any contract. But in Marner's case yes, 8 years. Remember, he's a hometown kid who wants to be there long term if he can.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm
Matthews has missed 34 games to injury in the last 2 seasons

... and he can't seem to get along with coaches.

I predict he will lead Salutegate Part Deux within a few years

... due to Leafers running his buddies Marleau and Zaitsev outta town.

Then he'll Leave for the desert for his 8 year contract.

LOL at your chart showing $9M x 8 Skinner right up there with $11.634M x 5 Matthews.
Will Arizona make the playoffs in the next 5 years? Will they stop losing 50 million per year/

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Meds wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:07 pm
Meds wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 pm
Marner's ask just went up to $13M.
On an 8 year contract?

Remember, he'll prolly sign a 5 year contract so Leaves can keep the AAV down (like Matthews and Nylander).
I'd say on any contract. But in Marner's case yes, 8 years. Remember, he's a hometown kid who wants to be there long term if he can.
8 year contract for RFas might be done.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm
Matthews has missed 34 games to injury in the last 2 seasons

... and he can't seem to get along with coaches.

I predict he will lead Salutegate Part Deux within a few years

... due to Leafers running his buddies Marleau and Zaitsev outta town.

Then he'll Leave for the desert for his 8 year contract.

LOL at your chart showing $9M x 8 Skinner right up there with $11.634M x 5 Matthews.
By right up there you mean less goal with over 500 more minutes?

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Toronto Raptors will win the first major championship since the Blue Jays.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21511
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:27 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:18 pm
By right up there you mean less goal with over 500 more minutes?
Hey man I can't help it if Matthews is injury prone. :scowl:

34 games injured roughly equals 500 minutes.

And like I say $9M vs $16M (what Matthews would've demanded on an 8-year deal).
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply