Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderators: donlever, Referees

Post Reply
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:03 am
donlever wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:10 am .....so as a potential byproduct of benching DeBrusk we take a skilled & capabale #2 centre and put him on the wing leaving EP Cotter Raty Sasson down the gut?

Yeah...not a big fan.
Pettersson should move to wing after the draws and give the middle over to MR
Right now, they are tied in FO%, so I see no need to complicate the draw.

But I agree, from what both players seem to have to give at this point, I think I prefer Rossi as the set-up man, and EP as the trigger man.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya but who are they trying to pump and dump?
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Hockey Widow wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:21 pm Ya but who are they trying to pump and dump?
Great point.

Ultimately, anyone (See: no core yet, above), but more EP than MR, I should think.

But I think a strong stat line does much of the pumping, and I think they both get more points with Rossi at centre than Pettersson.
User avatar
Nuckertuzzi
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Whoever emerges? Or both.

Better to pump Petey, but if the combo works, Petey finally finds a winger (or center?) to click with and both players stocks soar, I'm all for it.

No better time to experiment with crazy ideas than when points don't matter. We're playing 84 preseason games so why not? Switch back to Jake next game if it looks like shit.
User avatar
donlever
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7332
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by donlever »

Be careful what you wish for.

MR & EP start putting up numbers stellar enough for the returns y'all are hoping for (Sweet) FA may change his rebuild tune overnight.

...look for FA with dollar signs in his eyes and its on...Franky in the sky with new plans....Franky in the sky with new plans....

Canucks reported at 2.05 billion, 20th o/a in the league in recent valuation releases btw...
DeLevering since 1999.
User avatar
Nuckertuzzi
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

There's that.

I call revolt if FatAss derails another rebuild.
Post Reply