W-GDT: Canucks host oil - May16 - 7pm - R2G5

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

W-GDT: Canucks host oil - May16 - 7pm - R2G5

Post by Cornuck »

Let's see if Tochhet changes things up tonight - should be interesting.

Expect Miller to come back after his poor game (I read that he texted his coach to apologize). I agree with the UWSaint, and Petey has to have a wrist injury - so I'm not going to expect much from him. Cole's luck has to turn, Soucy is back and rested. Plus we have the King in net.

We got this.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host oil - May16 - 7pm - R2G5

Post by theman »

Just win FFS.

I would put both Podz and Hogs back into the line up, obviously Soucey too.

Hopefully we get a statement game from Petey tonight.

Edit:

Just saw UWSaint's post, a wrist injury would explain Petey's lack of production.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Ride or die tonight!

Hopefully the changes Tocchey makes to the line up today, spark the core guys - as I doubt moving Aman out, and bringing back PDG moves the needle much.

But I think getting Hogs in for Karlsson makes for a better winger for Petey, who clearly needs help on his line.

Or roll the dice and get Letterkenny in? Sometimes that can spark a team, getting in a top prospect.

Please no to Pods. He isn't ready at this point.
BoS
CC Veteran

Post by BoS »

Assuming Pod is healthy, I do find it interesting he hasn’t gotten a sniff. If he doesn’t have the coaches confidence, I think we’ve seen the last of Pod.

Hoglander may have benefited from watching a couple games from the press box, and should have a fresh outlook on what he needs to do to be effective. If he draws back in, I suspect he’ll go right back to Pettersson’s line. Hog’s best play came 5on5, and that’s where they need him most.

I wonder if it’s time to reunite the lotto line. Again, assuming Pettersson is healthy, if he can’t get his mojo back playing with 9 and 6, mgmt could have a clearer picture on how to move forward in the off season.

Suter has done little to compliment the top line, give him his own line and move 40 to 6 and 9.

The other glaring disappointment has been that of Hronek. Hughes has had a strong playoff, but rather than Hronek complimenting Quinn, he’s been holding him back. Quinn has played the best hockey of his career with Filip riding shotgun, 10 playoff games in, it’s time for Hronek step up to where he was last fall.

Is Demko ready?
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Biggest game of the year so far
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

BoS wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 am

I wonder if it’s time to reunite the lotto line. Again, assuming Pettersson is healthy, if he can’t get his mojo back playing with 9 and 6, mgmt could have a clearer picture on how to move forward in the off season.
Problem with Petey is its not just his scoring thats MIA, he loses every board battle he's in. The Miller line is usually taking on McDavid and they have to be absolutely sound defensively. Suter doesn't do much offensively but he's very good on D.

We've seen the Lotto line have a few shifts here and there but those shifts usually see us getting buried in our own end..
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hog back - Podz finally draws in (?)

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Last wifi access till tonight…..

4-3 nucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

I like moving Lindholm with Petey. lets see what happens. Blueger/Garls/Joshua were money for a long time before Lindholm showed up. If they can repeat that and Lindholm has ANY success with Petey this could be big for us.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:36 am Let's see if Tochhet changes things up tonight - should be interesting.

Expect Miller to come back after his poor game (I read that he texted his coach to apologize). I agree with the UWSaint, and Petey has to have a wrist injury - so I'm not going to expect much from him. Cole's luck has to turn, Soucy is back and rested. Plus we have the King in net.

We got this.
I thought it was his ribs or back? Or was it a hamstring or groin?

No.

My bad.

It’s his shoulder.

Or is he concussed?

Don’t expect much from him. Agreed.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Raile wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 am I like moving Lindholm with Petey. lets see what happens. Blueger/Garls/Joshua were money for a long time before Lindholm showed up. If they can repeat that and Lindholm has ANY success with Petey this could be big for us.
Lindholm has had his best years playing with smart, perimeter, distributors. Let’s see if this all Swedish line can muster something.

I’ve been saying for a while that Lindholm and Pettersson should have been left together to sort shit out. Give us two lines in the top-6 that have actual top-6 duos for opponents to worry about. I’d prefer something with more size on the other wing, but we don’t have that.

I’ve also thought that Blueger’s effectiveness was very reduced when moved to the 4th line.

Roll the dice. Maybe magic happens.

Just win FFS.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Yeah, I like that line up. Would still have "Mr Stone Hands" on the 4th line though.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:30 am Yeah, I like that line up. Would still have "Mr Stone Hands" on the 4th line though.
Is that Pod or Mikheyev that you’re referring to?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Just hoping the the coddling of EP doesn't take away the effectiveness of the Garland/Joshua duo because they have been counted on as one of the scoring lines since the beginning of these playoffs. E-LIE-US is going to have to pump some magic into the offensive voids known as E-LEE-US and Hoglander.

Looking forward to having Soucy back, a hopefully re-motivated Hogs and PDG + Pods to really ramp up the size and aggression. Z-Train keeps chugging. Cole is due to have a bounceback.

Just win FFS.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:49 am Just hoping the the coddling of EP doesn't take away the effectiveness of the Garland/Joshua duo because they have been counted on as one of the scoring lines since the beginning of these playoffs. E-LIE-US is going to have to pump some magic into the offensive voids known as E-LEE-US and Hoglander.

Looking forward to having Soucy back, a hopefully re-motivated Hogs and PDG + Pods to really ramp up the size and aggression. Z-Train keeps chugging. Cole is due to have a bounceback.

Just win FFS™
Oh so you’re trademarking it????