W-GDT: Canucks host oil - May16 - 7pm - R2G5

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: W-GDT: Canucks host oil - May16 - 7pm - R2G5

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 pm ... center ice package is like a grand plus more up here....so ya no thanks
Holy shit! I've had ESPN+ as part of the package for 2 years now. Before that, I had the NHL package for "1 team" - and that was about $120.
It's the satellite subscription that's expensive. Center ice is like $250 or so
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:52 pm
Cornuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 pm ... center ice package is like a grand plus more up here....so ya no thanks
Holy shit! I've had ESPN+ as part of the package for 2 years now. Before that, I had the NHL package for "1 team" - and that was about $120.
It's the satellite subscription that's expensive. Center ice is like $250 or so
You Hillbillies in Texas Chainsaw country need to move back to the city, FFS. You get weird when you go rural, you begin to lose a few chromosomes and start loving on Trump Orange Hairspay Over and his beautiful blue eyes like Topper, Donny and Doc.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

You may love the seething hordes of diversity but I prefer my own shooting range and the semi tame fox that lives under my shed thank you
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 pm You may love the seething hordes of diversity but I prefer my own shooting range and the semi tame fox that lives under my shed thank you
I hate quiet open spaces, it creeps me out. I need noise, traffic and people, it’s a distraction to life. I guess I’m a product of my environment.

Camping, fishing, hiking, hunting etc., I’ve never understood the allure.

My thoughts on fishing - https://youtu.be/rq5mnbPhUhY?si=3UM_yEMNOFTVti3A
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 pm
UWSaint wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:44 am live sports basically keeps cable in business because streaming, as good as it has become, is still inferior.
This is fact. I hate the rubbish streaming bullshit but the cost of a monthly satellite service plus the center ice package is like a grand plus more up here....so ya no thanks
Are you streaming in HD or 4K and have you tested your broadband speed? I've got a 25 Mbps DSL connection and it's fine for Sportsnet HD stream, which should theoretically need only 8 Mbps. It intermittently switches to SD but I think that's their servers ... it's a lot better than last year though.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:41 pm
UWSaint wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:44 am live sports basically keeps cable in business because streaming, as good as it has become, is still inferior.
This is fact. I hate the rubbish streaming bullshit but the cost of a monthly satellite service plus the center ice package is like a grand plus more up here....so ya no thanks
Are you streaming in HD or 4K and have you tested your broadband speed? I've got a 25 Mbps DSL connection and it's fine for Sportsnet HD stream, which should theoretically need only 8 Mbps. It intermittently switches to SD but I think that's their servers ... it's a lot better than last year though.
I have a Telus hub which is something like 25-30 download and I have a ghettovision 1080i tv so HD only. I will admit it's getting better every year
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:22 am
5thhorseman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:41 pm
I have a Telus hub which is something like 25-30 download and I have a ghettovision 1080i tv so HD only. I will admit it's getting better every year
Internet for rural folk over the 5G/LTE network. Interesting, I never knew about this option. 500 GB for $70/month sounds pretty good.

But I'm now looking at cell phone plans wondering if I should run all my phones and home internet through a mobile hotspot. Right now I have separate plans for myself and my wife, pay as you go for my oldest kid, home, internet, and VOIP. That's about $140 a month just for cell, internet and landline.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Telus is my pimp and I bring them the scratch so I can get more gigs lol. For a Telus hub rural you can pay an extra $20 and get unlimited data.

The adult daughter has this giant computer with an arched screen where she makes cartoon people and animals wander around some artificial world swinging swords til numbers rise out monsters heads so if I didn't have unlimited data I'd be living in my car... It's called world of warfare or something I dunno. I can't imagine how these young people are getting anything out of living in some virtual world like this. We really fucked up as a society for these kids to want to do this crap every day
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm looking at 5G hotspot as well - cheaper and faster, but line-of-sight improves reception immensely. That means I need to run a lot of new cable through the attic to get to my network hub. Too much of a pain in the ass to do commit just yet.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:35 am I can't imagine how these young people are getting anything out of living in some virtual world like this. We really fucked up as a society for these kids to want to do this crap every day
:lol:

Pot.

Kettle.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:33 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:35 am I can't imagine how these young people are getting anything out of living in some virtual world like this. We really fucked up as a society for these kids to want to do this crap every day
:lol:

Pot.

Kettle.
Gliding through life with a baked smile is like walking in the sun with shades on Donny. You see things the same but there's a chill tint to shit
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Ah....

...so...

...to each his own then?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I just can't relate to mopey millennials existing exclusively in a virtual online world. It's one thing to be out there buzzed and whatnot accomplishing shit but they're just cowering in a dark room with a screen...whinging about how hard it all is.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Fuck them then...

(Not literally bro...)
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:42 am Fuck them then...

(Not literally bro...)
:twisted:

I might be the only way.... slap them upside the head with 9 inches of limp dick (the actual female ones that are not fat...of course)