Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote:It is fantastic to see Pettersson rushing and scoring and looking great.
By next year though he needs to try and apply those same skills on N. American size ice surfaces.
I post this link because it's the only one I can find and if it's to be believed, only Finland has the hybrid ice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey_rink

If you see this Per, can you verify because I thought a couple more countries used it....
Finland is the only country I know of that allows both NHL and international size rinks in their leagues, but I'm sure there could be more. Especially in countries with few rinks, where they might have to agree on just using whatever is at hand.

In Finland, what happened was that some teams wanted the league to switch to NHL size rinks, while others opposed it, in part because of the cost of rebuilding. A compromise was reached, which meant both versions would be allowed. I like that concept. I think it means that to win the Finnish league you have to have players and coaches that know how to adapt to both types of surface. Typically the game on the smaller surface rewards more physical play while the bigger surface rewards skating skills. By having to master both surfaces, Finnish players ought to become very well rounded players.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thanks, Per ;)
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:Mr Pettersson could make the Mens' Swedish team in the Olympics. :o :thumbs:
Uffe Bodin (Editor in chief/chefredaktör @hockeysverige inom) says Elias Pettersson is definitely on the radar to be on the Swedish Olympic hockey team in Korea
ELIA$ Pettersson point production up with the elite currently in ppg.
Lets look at it when they finish the season.

good to see but I dont count the chickens until they are hatched and he still has a long way to go.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Just an assist for Pettersson as Växjö beat local rivals HV71 2-1 in overtime, but Aftonbladet named him first star of the game. Still looking good.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Zemtac
AHL Prospect

Post by Zemtac »

Per wrote:Just an assist for Pettersson as Växjö beat local rivals HV71 2-1 in overtime, but Aftonbladet named him first star of the game. Still looking good.
Thanks so much, he is definitely the prospect that I have the most hope for.
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

Per wrote:Just an assist for Pettersson as Växjö beat local rivals HV71 2-1 in overtime, but Aftonbladet named him first star of the game. Still looking good.
Any word on whether he is centering or on the wing, Per?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I'll let Per confirm, but I'm fairly certain that I heard he was on the wing and likely to stay there for the season, as the SEL tends to favour the older, stronger players at centre.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah Växjö Lakers‏ got more proven vets in center.
Rosen
Shinnimin
Froberg
Carnback

But Elias is playing RW first line as an 18 year old, that's pretty good, but when injuries occur I'm assuming they could put him center and/or IF he returns next year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Nice article on Gaudette
article wrote: "Over the past two years, he's become a better 200-ft player," said Madigan. "His offensive skills were always there and he continues to refine those offensive skills, but he's become a really reliable two-way guy. He's just a hard working, driven kid who wants to score goals and hounds pucks. There's not a lot of things you have to ask him to do on the ice. He just does them."
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -292582320
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

What I do like is the depth that is being developed.

If we can get another 1-2 top forwards or 1 stud forward plus a top 1-2 d men in the next few years the Canucks are well on their way. This is assuming the current guys like BB, Bo, Bartesch etc. Continue to develop.

Still more than 1-2 years out as it will take minimum of 3 years for recent picks to impact the team.

Even players like Rodin has a place where if they are called upon can come up and contribute for 5-10 games or more due to injury. This has been lacking for a long time.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:What I do like is the depth that is being developed.
Yes, a process Genius Jim began when he arrived in Vancouver that only now people are awakening to.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Yes, a process Genius Jim began when he arrived in Vancouver that only now people are awakening to.
Yeah..... no. The depth has only just begun to accumulate. Too many picks pissed away in the first 30 months. Thankfully Elmer has gotten away from that
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If we can get another 1-2 top forwards or 1 stud forward plus a top 1-2 d men in the next few years the Canucks are well on their way. This is assuming the current guys like BB, Bo, Bartesch etc. Continue to develop.

Still more than 1-2 years out as it will take minimum of 3 years for recent picks to impact the team.

Even players like Rodin has a place where if they are called upon can come up and contribute for 5-10 games or more due to injury. This has been lacking for a long time.

The way Rodin has been handled has been a travesty. The best player in the Swedish league can’t crack a bottom five team ? Give me a break. Hopefully he lights it up in the AHL and they deal him if the plan is to dick him around.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:
Yeah..... no. The depth has only just begun to accumulate.
... as a result of "a process Genius Jim began when he arrived in Vancouver". :roll:

Are you finally "awakening" to this process Bubbles?

Get off the sauce good buddy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The way Rodin has been handled has been a travesty. The best player in the Swedish league can’t crack a bottom five team ? Give me a break. Hopefully he lights it up in the AHL and they deal him if the plan is to dick him around.
Anton Rodin is trying to come back from a major injury.

The team has been extremely patient and accommodating.

A travesty??

Are you stupid Forest?
____
Try to focus on someday.