Page 43 of 82

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 11:33 pm
by Megaterio Llamas
Eastern Lapland's finest :lol:

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:36 am
by Picker of Cherries
Image

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 10:56 am
by JelloPuddingPop
donlever wrote: ↑Wed Mar 18, 2026 4:57 pm Screenshot_20260318-165529_Instagram.jpg
If I was a scout, working for a franchise that is set to be eligible to draft in the top 3, I'd start saying the same thing about the presumptive 1st OA. Maybe a dumbass set of management will draft a Swede instead, because of something they read on the interwebs anonymously leaving that pick to fall to my team...

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:26 am
by Cornuck

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:28 am
by Meds
Cornuck wrote: ↑Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:26 am The Ruck Twins
.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DU14VdtjG2i/
Didn’t realize til I saw this clip that this twin package comes with one lefty and one righty…..nice bonus. Doubt we see them in Van, but it would be cool if so.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 3:01 pm
by Picker of Cherries
I’ll be happy with their top pick getting McStenKennaBerg, their second pick the best centre available, and the two second rounders (33rd and 40ish) on the Ruck twins. I’m not two thrilled if they use their second first rounder on the first Ruck.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2026 3:26 pm
by Madcombinepilot
those dirty Ruckers are all over the place on draft lists I have seen.. If they are high on them, might be use the late 1st on one of them, and move the 33rd and a third to move up to get the other one. Draft the Ruckers back to back...

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 7:33 am
by Picker of Cherries
Button’s list has Stenberg and Verhoeff falling off a bit and perhaps both available to the Canucks at number three, with a group of Dmen moving up. The Ruck twins look ridiculously high on his list, but what do I know.
If there were a way to trade down and get both Malhotra and Belchetz for the third pick, I’d be all over that.

1 Gavin McKenna Penn State (NCAA) LW 5′11 170
2 Carson Carels Prince George (WHL) D 6′1 ½ 189
3 Chase Reid Sault Ste. Marie (OHL) D 6′2 ¼ 188
4 Ivar Stenberg Frolunda (SHL) LW 5′11 183
5 Keaton Verhoeff North Dakota (NCAA) D 6′3 ½ 208
6 Viggo Bjorck Djurgårdens (SWE J20) C/RW 5′9 177
7 Alberts Smits Jukurit (SM Liiga) D 6′3 205
8 Daxon Rudolph Prince Albert (WHL) D 6′2 ¼ 206
9 Oliver Suvanto Tappara (SM Liiga Jr) C 6′2 ¾ 207
10 Liam Ruck Medicine Hat (WHL) RW 5′11 ¾ 176
11 Caleb Malhotra Brantford (OHL) C 6′1 ¼ 182
12 Markus Ruck Medicine Hat (WHL) C 5′11 ½ 167
13 Ethan Belchetz Windsor (OHL) LW 6′5 225

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 8:55 am
by dbr
Yeah I don’t know what to make of Button’s list. Rucks are way up there and he’s got Verhoeff behind the other two defensemen because he projects him as a less impactful NHLer.. while comparing him to Ekblad.

I’m guessing the Ruck ship is sailing though, it would have been great to wheel and deal near the end of the 1st to snag them but unless we acquire another pick in the teens before then I can’t see it happening.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:09 am
by Cornuck

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:46 am
by Meds
That one has the Ruck brothers at 19 and 24.

If you go just based on the ratings they give to McKenna, Stenberg, and Verhoeff.....I'm taking the RHD all day long.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:54 am
by dangler
Looking at all the different draft rankings it just goes to show BPA varies wildly from scout to scout.
I'm hoping for forwards, but their are alot of great D in there too.
Chase Reid has risen quite a bit since WJC.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 12:27 pm
by rockalt
These latest draft rankings really speak to the uncertainty of this process. Despite way more coverage and focus on the draft, it's still very much a crapshoot.

I frankly don't know what to make of Button's list. I think he's the first that has Stenberg out the top 2 which raised my eyebrow. So far it seems that McKenna and Stenberg or the consensus top 2 picks. Stenberg's declining production gives me pause for concern more than Button's ranking though! I'm not sure how good of a scout he is or how accurate his previous rankings have been but in my mind he is the very bad GM of the Flames. :lol: Hard to shake that reputation!

As for the Ruck brothers, so hard to know what to make of them. I was onboard with the idea of using their 2nd round picks on them months ago but there seems to be a lot of momentum behind them. They are all over the place rankings wise but if this hype keeps up, they'll be gone by the first round. I wonder how successful they will be as individuals though - how much of their success is fueled by familiarity? The franchise could use a boost so if they had a chance to draft both of them I could see them doing it.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 1:27 pm
by 2Fingers
To me Button has always been out there in his predictions, I do believe he does try to be different in his analysis.

Re: 2026 NHL Draft

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2026 4:57 pm
by Topper
What is the upside of Gavin and the Swede?

Nuge?