Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:41 pm
Pathetic.
https://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/
Pathetic.
And you know this how???Per wrote: ↑Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 pm The only difference between Trump’s America and a banana republic at this point is that Trump avoids fruit.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51469717
So, you are saying that Trump did not try to influence the court?rats19 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:39 pmAnd you know this how???Per wrote: ↑Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 pm The only difference between Trump’s America and a banana republic at this point is that Trump avoids fruit.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51469717
I mean I spend 5-6 months a year there, owned property have many many friends there... I just don’t see your perspective anywhere.
Must be MSM try other avenues for information gathering Per
A sham? Stone has been found guilty on seven counts of lying to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering. He is convicted. Or do you think the entire court system is a sham too?
The UK, Australia, Italy and a couple of other countries are now enemies of the USA?!The UK, Australia, Italy and a couple other countries stuck their noses in and were spying and will be held accountable in the future.
The side of rule of law, separation of powers, adhering to a constitution and stiicking up for the basic principles of western democracy is a good side to be on, and I am happy to be on that side.No per imho you are in the wrong side of history here my friend
I would not quite categorize Trump as a dictator yet, but he seems to be aspiring to become one.

The Gene Roddenberry system doesn't work.Per wrote: ↑Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 pm
It’s a disturbing trend. Ever since WW2 the number of democracies and the level of democracy has been rising, but for the last 15-20 years that trend has stopped and even started to reverse a bit. But the return of the strongman ideal seems to be real and we just have to hope that it passes relatively quickly before too much damage has been done.
https://www.ft.com/content/d53a7cd6-4da ... d18ec715f5The controversy surrounding Mr Stone’s sentencing began on Monday when four career prosecutors on his case — Jonathan Karis, Michael Marando, Adam Jed and Aaron Zelinsky — recommended the 67-year-old Republican operative serve seven to nine years in prison for his conviction last year on charges of lying to Congress about contacts with WikiLeaks ahead of the 2016 election and for witness tampering.
The prosecutors wrote that prison time would “serve as a powerful reminder that our democratic processes can function only if those called to testify tell the truth, and that serious consequences lie in store for those who do not”.
Shortly after midnight on Tuesday, Mr Trump expressed his disapproval on Twitter. “This is a horrible and very unfair situation,” he tweeted.
Later that morning the justice department said it would withdraw the seven to nine-year recommendation, insisting it had made the decision independently of the president and before his tweet.
The four career prosecutors then quit Mr Stone’s case, with one leaving the justice department entirely, in a scene that had echoes of Richard Nixon’s “Saturday Night Massacre” — when senior leaders at the DoJ quit rather than follow the Republican president’s order to fire the special prosecutor investigating him.
“When the public perceives that DoJ has departed from the bedrock principle of apolitical law enforcement, it does incalculable damage to its reputation for fairness and even-handedness,” said Matthew Axelrod, a former top justice department official in the Obama administration, now at Linklaters.
Since the Nixon era, presidents have sought to maintain an arm’s-length relationship between the White House and the DoJ. There are strict protocols for contacts between the two entities regarding criminal prosecutions.
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/jus ... utors-quitAll four U.S. government prosecutors who backed a long prison stay for Trump ally Roger Stone resigned from the case, a stunning rebuke to the Justice Department after it cut his recommended sentence by more than half.
The prosecutors’ withdrawal from the team that won Stone’s conviction for lying to Congress, obstruction of justice and witness tampering capped a remarkable day in which the Justice Department shifted its stance hours after President Donald Trump tweeted criticism of the proposed punishment.
After the department said on Monday that the 67-year-old Republican political operative deserved as long as nine years in prison, it said in a court filing Tuesday that a range of three to four years would be more appropriate, while urging the judge to account for Stone’s “advanced age, health, personal circumstances, and lack of criminal history.”
One by one, the prosecutors who signed Monday’s memo announced in filings that they were resigning from the case — first Aaron Zelinsky, then Jonathan Kravis, Adam Jed and Michael Marando. Kravis also quit his job as an assistant U.S. attorney.
“The idea of our president interfering with the criminal justice system in such a way is extraordinary and frightening,” said Sharon McCarthy, a former Manhattan federal prosecutor now in private practice. The lawyers are “absolutely doing the right thing,” she said.