Re: 2020 NHL Draft
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:30 pm
this; https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... ects-game/
I'm looking forward to.
this; https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... ects-game/
So some random game where nobody has ever played together will tip the balance for you, but two years of him dominating his peers means fuck all. .... GotchaMicky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:30 pmthis; https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... ects-game/
I'm looking forward to.
The recent world juniors.
He was the best player there. He’s also been the best out of his age group the past few years on the NHL size sheet. If anything the gap between he and the field is getting bigger at the moment, not smaller.
Looks great. doesn't he.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 pmHe was the best player there. He’s also been the best out of his age group the past few years on the NHL size sheet. If anything the gap between he and the field is getting bigger at the moment, not smaller.
That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you oldtimerMicky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pmLooks great. doesn't he.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 pmHe was the best player there. He’s also been the best out of his age group the past few years on the NHL size sheet. If anything the gap between he and the field is getting bigger at the moment, not smaller.
A possible generational he is.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:37 pmThat’s what we’ve been trying to tell you oldtimerMicky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pmLooks great. doesn't he.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 pmHe was the best player there. He’s also been the best out of his age group the past few years on the NHL size sheet. If anything the gap between he and the field is getting bigger at the moment, not smaller.![]()
I don’t throw the word generational around like some husky pricks do. To me generational players have been : Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux and McDavid. As much as I like Sid I’m not sure he is. I think perhaps you could put he and Ovi in that category. So six guys.Micky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:42 pmA possible generational he is.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:37 pmThat’s what we’ve been trying to tell you oldtimerMicky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pmLooks great. doesn't he.Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 pmHe was the best player there. He’s also been the best out of his age group the past few years on the NHL size sheet. If anything the gap between he and the field is getting bigger at the moment, not smaller.![]()
![]()
Sid just came back and put up big points in his first game back. I don't like handing that terminology easily either but not Sid?Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 pm
I don’t throw the word generational around like some husky pricks do. To me generational players have been : Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux and McDavid. As much as I like Sid I’m not sure he is. I think perhaps you could put he and Ovi in that category. So six guys.
Lafreniere is going to likely be a perennial 100 point guy probably right off the hop. Generational... no but he may be like a Nathan Mackinnon type on the wing. Very, very very good... but no not generational.
I said you could perhaps put Sid and Ovi in that category.Micky wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:38 pmSid just came back and put up big points in his first game back. I don't like handing that terminology easily either but not Sid?Doyle Hargraves wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 pm
I don’t throw the word generational around like some husky pricks do. To me generational players have been : Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux and McDavid. As much as I like Sid I’m not sure he is. I think perhaps you could put he and Ovi in that category. So six guys.
Lafreniere is going to likely be a perennial 100 point guy probably right off the hop. Generational... no but he may be like a Nathan Mackinnon type on the wing. Very, very very good... but no not generational.