Should the Sedins be split up?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Should the Sedins be split up?

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

This debate has been going on for a longggggg time, do you think it's finally time they do it for a few games?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

IT couldn't hurt!

I'm all for it.

My ideas assuming Pyatt isn't back next game...

Naslund-H.Sedin-Cooke
D.Sedin-Morrison-Kesler
Burrows-Chouinard-Bouck
Bulis-Santala-Linden

wow...

that lineup looks awful...

still though, couldn;t hurt.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

might as well try something, can't hurt anymore than it is?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Five goals scored in what ? ... the last 6 games ... any kind of line mix up that could potential increase their scoring should be considered. For the most part the D and Luongo have been ok ... clearly its the scoring that is an issue ... my answer ... YES ... try it.

Grizz
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Re: Should the Sedins be split up?

Post by MeesterFeester »

[quote="JamesOwnzSam11"]This debate has been going on for a longggggg time, do you think it's finally time they do it for a few games?[/quote]

I don't what Alain has been thinking keeping all the proven scorers on one line that just dosen't make sense. I 'm not claiming that he is doing bad at his job , it's just anybody will say that if they are so good at scoring and setting up other players why have them both on the same line? But their not totally at fault when you have underacheivers like Morrison and infinately old Linden on the ice, I admitt Morrison has a couple years left if he could find his touch agian . Linden is another matter , he is ancient, i'm sure we have enough grinders and penalty killing prospects just waiting for the chane to show their stuff.

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Re: Should the Sedins be split up?

Post by MeesterFeester »

[quote="JamesOwnzSam11"]This debate has been going on for a longggggg time, do you think it's finally time they do it for a few games?[/quote]

I don't know what Alain has been thinking keeping all the proven scorers on one line that just dosen't make sense. I 'm not claiming that he is doing bad at his job , it's just anybody will say that if they are so good at scoring and setting up other players why have them both on the same line? But their not totally at fault when you have underacheivers like Morrison and infinately old Linden on the ice, I admitt Morrison has a couple years left if he could find his touch agian . Linden is another matter , he is ancient, i'm sure we have enough grinders and penalty killing prospects just waiting for the chane to show their stuff.

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

Actually I have thought for several years the most effective use of the sedins are as centermen, its pretty clear that Daniel, like his brother, is most appropriately used as a centermen and didn't wind up that way simply because he was the more gifted scorer of the pair. Both have all the traits of top centers and they should probably be used that way.

Having said that, there seems to be alot of delusion about what the canucks are and are not, this canucks team is not capable of a whole lot more offence. They simply don't have the guns. Although we can point to a few players who have been performing in an underwhelming manner the reality is that the loss of Jovo and Bert killed our offence badly, and I don't think there was a whole lot of disagreement that it was going to be that way.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

the reality is that the loss of Jovo and Bert killed our offence badly, and I don't think there was a whole lot of disagreement that it was going to be that way.
I think Bert even though he wasn't racking up the points towards the end certainly took the opponents top defencemen away and opened up for other players to get more chances.

Jovo certainly had defensive flaws but he added that 4th guy to the rush and jump in attack ... even Baumer contributed more that way than some of our current lineup ...

Grizz
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

I love the idea of trying Daniel at center....he could really ignite some guys.

I guess we'll see.
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Daniel At Center?

Post by MeesterFeester »

[quote="westvandal"]I love the idea of trying Daniel at center....he could really ignite some guys.

I guess we'll see.[/quote]

Now there's an idea if I never heard one before. Why mot , it might yhte mve that has just been waiting happen. What could it hurt , it might actually help the other players score!
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

I heard this on TSN and thought about it.

I certainly would split them up, and even on the power play. With the twins and Nazzy on that #1 PP...we lack the traffic in front, and because of this....we often "out chance the opposition" but rarely outscore them.

I like westvandals line combos with one exception...Cooke should be on the waiver line.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Well i love to watch the Sedins when they are playing together, always knowing where the other will be... their chemistry is awsome. however they are on this team to score goals. and right now, they are not doing that on the same line. i say try them split up and see what they do. if it turns out for some terrible lines it can always be changed back.
i agree also about the PP, when the sedins and naslund are on the powerplay together, sometimes it great to watch them swedes passit around and whatnot, but nothing is getting accomplished, we need a guy parked in front of the net and get some deflections and tip ins... im sure everyone here wouldnt mind some bad garbage goals
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

AV said on an interview last nite when he was talking about being hired one of things DN said was that he could do whatever tinkering he wanted with lines etc. except under a very strong suggestion he was not to separate the twins. Not sure how much that will play into the equation but it seems pretty apparent last nite they weren't going on different lines.

Grizz
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I wouldn't break up the Sedins but I would take Naslund off their line. I've never been a huge fan of putting all our eggs in one basket.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.