Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:17 pm Vin Tanner Pearson will be pissed right off when hears the goodness coming out of Gadjovich and Rathbone tonight

11 goals in 12 games for Gadj

Doyle wanted Josh Brooks instead, who went one spot after Gadjovich in the draft
Head over to the Per thread and read what he has to say about Karlsson. Sounds like a promising center magically appearing before Jimmys eyes
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:48 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 pm
theman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm Gadjovich with another goal tonight!
Another goal just standing there being a net presence and it's like the d-man can't get position and move him out. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some games here near the end of the year.
Yeah, I am wondering how his game will translate to the NHL. I am hoping he can be a Darren McCarty type guy for us.

BTW:

I believe he has 10 goals in 12 games so far in the AHL this season.

Edit:

Make that 11 goals in 12 games so far this season.
He could be fine as depth player and doing the same thing on the 2nd PP as he's doing in Utica. His skating has apparently improved, he's keeping up with the play as you can see on his second goal, so playing him with a couple really good skaters like Motte up here would help him even more. A McCarty type would be a perfect fit.

Good win for them tonight, the first game of three in four days. Rathbone a couple assists too.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Gadjovich has always been a natural in front of the net on the PP. It’s his greatest strength as a player. A smart coach would definitely put him onto PP1 if he makes it to the NHL. Gadjovich in front of the net, Miller in the slot, Petey and Brock on the wings and Hughes up top is a dream PP unit. Bo would probably be the odd man out and move down to PP2. If Gadjovich’s soft hands, slow feet turn into soft hands, average feet, the Canucks will have something.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Jett Woo with the winner and another assist for Rathbone in a good win. The Canucks have to be thrilled with Woo's start in the pros after a disappointing final year in junior.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Vasili Podkolzin KHL career has ended, will he make it to the NHL this year? Maybe with all this COVID crap it’s better to wait.

If he did come and plays X amount of games does that mean he burns a year of ELC?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Woo is having a fantastic pro rookie campaign. Doyle will be very angry with this since he’s been calling Woo a bust for awhile now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 pm Woo is having a fantastic pro rookie campaign. Doyle will be very angry with this since he’s been calling Woo a bust for awhile now.
Yeah Woo has been impressive. He's usually paired with Rathbone I'm hearing.

What happened to Doyle anyway?
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:00 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 pm Woo is having a fantastic pro rookie campaign. Doyle will be very angry with this since he’s been calling Woo a bust for awhile now.

I think the Pearson contract did him in. He’s going through a process of healing. I call these adjustments, but I’m deftly quick at adjusting whereas Doyle crashes hard big time, the bigger they are the harder they fall, when I fall I’m like a cat, I bounce back quickly ready for more.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It's so good to hear that Jonah the whale is late-blooming. Also ditto on RHD Jett Woohoo.

Hopefully this continues the JB genius drafter trend of his picks graduating and getting NHL games in... whether in the stinky whale uni or another team's.

The Missing Pearson contract is a head-scratcher for me. I don't like how he's been trending, but at least it gives certainty in the top 6 for next season. Most importantly, no NMC after that and he isn't protected from expansion.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:36 pm

I think the Pearson contract did him in. He’s going through a process of healing. I call these adjustments, but I’m deftly quick at adjusting whereas Doyle crashes hard big time, the bigger they are the harder they fall, when I fall I’m like a cat, I bounce back quickly ready for more.
Yeah, I admitted that Pearson contract put me on the deck for a nine count myself. I normally shake these things off quite easily but I didn't see that one coming and it rattled me pretty good.

If that's what's eating Doyle I can relate. That Pearson deal was a tough blow for Canucks fans to handle, what with it not making any sense to most folks and all.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:49 pm It's so good to hear that Jonah the whale is late-blooming. Also ditto on RHD Jett Woohoo.

Hopefully this continues the JB genius drafter trend of his picks graduating and getting NHL games in... whether in the stinky whale uni or another team's.

The Missing Pearson contract is a head-scratcher for me. I don't like how he's been trending, but at least it gives certainty in the top 6 for next season. Most importantly, no NMC after that and he isn't protected from expansion.
Big Jonah is beginning to resemble Maxime Comtois of the Ducks. Dare we dream big?
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Yeah, I admitted that Pearson contract put me on the deck for a nine count myself. I normally shake these things off quite easily but I didn't see that one coming and it rattled me pretty good.

If that's what's eating Doyle I can relate. That Pearson deal was a tough blow for Canucks fans to handle, what with it not making any sense to most folks and all.
To me it’s not the 21/22 season, it is 22-24 seasons. This is when they need the cap space to fill in roster to make a cup run.

I do not see Pearson being worth $3.5 in his final year of the contract.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 pm

To me it’s not the 21/22 season, it is 22-24 seasons. This is when they need the cap space to fill in roster to make a cup run.

I do not see Pearson being worth $3.5 in his final year of the contract.
Yeah, I really don't see him being worth anything like that money next year. In the flat cap crunch Pearson is actually a poster boy for the kind of middle class player that is being squeezed. The deal seems counterintuitive to me, like Jimmy is operating in a vacuum.

But hey, they don't pay me the big bucks to do the thinkin' around here ;)
el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Geez, so Gadjovich has cracked the top-10 in the AHL for goals, but has 9-13 games in hand on everyone above him :drink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm I do not see Pearson being worth $3.5 in his final year of the contract.
Good thing his cap hit is only $3.25M then. :wink:

Why would the last year be any different, he's only be 31 when the contract expires.

He'll be an average NHLer making an average NHL wage, sure it's a very meh signing, but it's not horrid.
____
Try to focus on someday.