Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Theyll all make it and if you dont think so then youre tonguing the empty mcdonalds bag on the floor of the back seat in Vin Tanners truck
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They won’t pencil Gadjovich in the line-up for next season. Likely they hope he shows well in the preseason and becomes a top injury call-up. At best he displaces MacEwen or Roussel on the fourth line/spare forward and works his way up from there if he shows the ability. I like him, but he’s still a long shot to have a significant NHL career.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Pick a bag Picker!

:lol:

-Vin Tanner Pearson's truck
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 pm
2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 am 6 points in 6 AHL games for Rathbones pro rookie season. A rocket out of the gates. He won’t lag too long in the A. Brilliant draft pick. The farm looks great with promising prospects - Lind, Rathbone, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Woo!
I see nhl games for at least four of those guys, only one I’m a little concerned about is gadjovich not having quick enough feet. Rathbone and lind should graduate up for next season, another year for Lockwood and woo.
And who would these 4 replace on the current roster?
Roussel, Sutter (assuming Gaudette is kept as 3rd line C), Benn, Hamonic.
You have more faith than I, I would be happy if one of them make the NHL.
Lol. Yeah, sorry, didn't quite get your intent there. I was just picking 4 guys who probably won't be with the team by the end of the 2021-22 season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:35 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 pm Theyll all make it and if you dont think so then youre tonguing the empty mcdonalds bag on the floor of the back seat in Vin Tanners truck
They won’t pencil Gadjovich in the line-up for next season. Likely they hope he shows well in the preseason and becomes a top injury call-up. At best he displaces MacEwen or Roussel on the fourth line/spare forward and works his way up from there if he shows the ability. I like him, but he’s still a long shot to have a significant NHL career.
Pick a bag Picker!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/04/11/canu ... wzjAF76JAc

Canucks Army hyping Jonah Gadjovich: "stronger than everyone in the AHL".

I think it might be a bit of an over exaggeration. He's listed @ 6'2, 209 lbs, which is good size for NHL standards, but I wouldn't say it's hulking like Bertuzzi (around 230+ lbs). It's nice to see Gadjovich doing well in the AHL (11GP, 9G, 2A), but gotta take that with a grain of salt as well as most of the top AHLers are on NHL taxi squads (ie: J.Bailey) or are playing in different leagues (ie: Boucher + Goldobin in KHL). It's great to see Gadjo playing well, but gotta take things in context. Gadjo's stats are way better than Bearcheese though (only 2G, 5A), a former NHLer who had moderate success with us, so that's quite impressive.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 pm Pick a bag Picker!

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:35 pm They won’t pencil Gadjovich in the line-up for next season. Likely they hope he shows well in the preseason and becomes a top injury call-up. At best he displaces MacEwen or Roussel on the fourth line/spare forward and works his way up from there if he shows the ability. I like him, but he’s still a long shot to have a significant NHL career.
Holy crap.. when will people realize the days of Vey, Etem, Gaunce, Chaput, Megna, etc, etc, etc. are over???

NOBODY gets “penciled in” anymore. We actually have enough NHL caliber humans on the team that guys compete for spots now.

This is a good thing. It’s why we had to overpay for a 4th line to set a minimum standard of what an NHL guy is for this team. 4years ago, we would have creamed to have Beagle and Rooster on the 4th line, now we can’t wait for them to go. Yes, Green has to ice the team he wants to win with (He has done better with that this year), but the fact remains is that your team will go as far as your bottom 6 take you. We didn’t used to have a bottom 6, and now we have a bar set for a talent level to get in our bottom 6. No matter the standings this year, let’s look at the increase in the overall talent level in the bottom 6 over the last 4 years (something Doyle keeps harping on - depth).. but the message has been sent with waivers and roster moves (Louise on the bench, Bearshit in Utica, buyouts, etc) that you can’t just show up for ice cream and paycheques anymore.

Everyone hammers on JB for every single thing he does, but just look at the increase in the ‘minimum standards’ over the last 5 years, and see the increase in that.

This isn’t a shot at you Cher, it’s just a blurb more aimed at Twitter and the EBL version of media we get these days. I just used your post to launch a rant :lol:

Anyways, bottom line, they come to camp, they compete for jobs. Just because fans or media like the potential of someone, it don’t mean nuthin.
Earn it
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Gadjovich with another goal tonight!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm Gadjovich with another goal tonight!
Another goal just standing there being a net presence and it's like the d-man can't get position and move him out. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some games here near the end of the year.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 pm
theman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm Gadjovich with another goal tonight!
Another goal just standing there being a net presence and it's like the d-man can't get position and move him out. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some games here near the end of the year.
Yeah, I am wondering how his game will translate to the NHL. I am hoping he can be a Darren McCarty type guy for us.

BTW:

I believe he has 10 goals in 12 games so far in the AHL this season.

Edit:

Make that 11 goals in 12 games so far this season.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Two for Gadjovich and two assists for Rathbone. :D
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:52 pm Two for Gadjovich and two assists for Rathbone. :D
Future Canucks playing awesome.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:52 pm Two for Gadjovich and two assists for Rathbone. :D
Future Canucks playing awesome.
Vin Tanner will be pissed
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner Pearson will be pissed right off when hears the goodness coming out of Gadjovich and Rathbone tonight

11 goals in 12 games for Gadj

Doyle wanted Josh Brooks instead, who went one spot after Gadjovich in the draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau