LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

^^^Tkachuk may have been passed over due to Linden's team presidency at the time. The fact that they didn't even talk to Tkachuk in his draft year seems peculiar until you recall the bad blood between Linden and and a contingent of pro Goodenow American star players including Keith Tkachuk going back to Linden's presidency of the PA in the lockout year. I have always suspected lingering hostility between the two of them may have had more to do with them stepping around Matthew at the draft than any scouting blind spot. The pick just seemed so obvious. Speculation of course.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tkachunk zamboni'd Linden and he held that grudge right on through til he was gunned
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 pm ^^^Tkachuk may have been passed over due to Linden's team presidency at the time. The fact that they didn't even talk to Tkachuk in his draft year seems peculiar until you recall the bad blood between Linden and and a contingent of pro Goodenow American star players including Keith Tkachuk going back to Linden's presidency of the PA in the lockout year. I have always suspected lingering hostility between the two of them may have had more to do with them stepping around Matthew at the draft than any scouting blind spot. The pick just seemed so obvious. Speculation of course.
Of course ;) As soon as I heard Tkachuk wasn't interviewed by the Canucks, I thought the same and have said so a couple of times.( I suppose Mathew could have declined an interview but that's unlikely ). The press would likely have picked that up. To not have a chat or touch base with a player rated to fall in the area you are choosing is not business as usual.
When ever JB is asked about the Juolevi pick he always says, "That year we drafted for position".
Maybe some day we find out..................
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does anyone truly know what went on in the 2016 draft war room or is this all pure conjecture Blobbee style regarding Linden?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

PG_Canuck wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:05 am with some people who just want to use random words from the dictionary to sound a bit smarter.
Bleach Clean. He’s a dictionary enthusiast. Melvin is a pie chart enthusiast.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 am Does anyone truly know what went on in the 2016 draft war room or is this all pure conjecture Blobbee style regarding Linden?
Nobody knows fuck all about fuck all. We know the draft pick was botched... so we know that much. And we do know that KT cuffed Linden around back in the day. So did Claude Lemieux.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:11 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 am Does anyone truly know what went on in the 2016 draft war room or is this all pure conjecture Blobbee style regarding Linden?
Nobody knows fuck all about fuck all. We know the draft pick was botched... so we know that much. And we do know that KT cuffed Linden around back in the day. So did Claude Lemieux.
So pure assumptions given substance due to boiling hate?

Listen Doyle, listen good. Where do you get off thinking I’m a Linden Bros? I’m not, never have been. I hated the “He’s great in the community crap”. Wonderful! Well done! All I cared about was the ice. Good guy, yeah, yeah, yeah. He’d be a great son-in-law but on the ice? He was OK, a bit overrated because well - the community, all that mattered, seemingly. Now don’t get me wrong, privileged pro athletes should give back, a little, but lets reign it in on the “he was great in the community” I only care about the ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and guess the chef isnt that great in the community
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 am I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and guess the chef isnt that great in the community
Screw that. He’s a legend at Oppenheimer Park
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Total speculation but could it be that they simply knew his reputation personality-wise and didn't want that in the organization?

They've constantly talked about getting good personalities on the team. Usually more towards leader-type personalities I think, but I could certainly see them thinking he could bring a bad taste to what they were trying to build. Maybe so much that they didn't even bother interviewing him?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/169932759/

This is one of the fellas that thinks Vancouver has 8-10 guys having career years. There are two- Miller and Pearson. Markstrom was every guy as good last year. The young are improving and on an upward arc. Those aren’t career years.

Boston has really been mangled by injuries.
Bergeron- 9 games
Krejci- 9 games
Krug- 8 games
McAvoy- 3 games.

Just decimated. No idea why nobody calls these people out on this nonsense.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:34 pm No idea why nobody calls these people out on this nonsense.
We counting on you. Get over there and give 'em heck!

PG won't ban you now that we're all buddies (right PG? :wink:)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:51 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 pm ^^^Tkachuk may have been passed over due to Linden's team presidency at the time. The fact that they didn't even talk to Tkachuk in his draft year seems peculiar until you recall the bad blood between Linden and and a contingent of pro Goodenow American star players including Keith Tkachuk going back to Linden's presidency of the PA in the lockout year. I have always suspected lingering hostility between the two of them may have had more to do with them stepping around Matthew at the draft than any scouting blind spot. The pick just seemed so obvious. Speculation of course.
Of course ;) As soon as I heard Tkachuk wasn't interviewed by the Canucks, I thought the same and have said so a couple of times.( I suppose Mathew could have declined an interview but that's unlikely ). The press would likely have picked that up. To not have a chat or touch base with a player rated to fall in the area you are choosing is not business as usual.
When ever JB is asked about the Juolevi pick he always says, "That year we drafted for position".
Maybe some day we find out..................
Yes. And of course it was widely believed that the player they were really after that year was Pierre Luc Dubois.

But that's speculation too :D
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:03 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:34 pm No idea why nobody calls these people out on this nonsense.
We counting on you. Get over there and give 'em heck!

PG won't ban you now that we're all buddies (right PG? :wink:)
I’ve been booted out multiple times. I think I’ll wait a bit before my next visit
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:34 pm https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/169932759/

This is one of the fellas that thinks Vancouver has 8-10 guys having career years. There are two- Miller and Pearson. Markstrom was every guy as good last year. The young are improving and on an upward arc. Those aren’t career years.

Boston has really been mangled by injuries.
Bergeron- 9 games
Krejci- 9 games
Krug- 8 games
McAvoy- 3 games.

Just decimated. No idea why nobody calls these people out on this nonsense.
Is pg canuck the guy that was always talking about showing your math and how great hfboards are because posters there show math? What a bunch of idiots. We got blob here showing the math for the mouth breathers