The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:33 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:19 pm Nylander asked for 8.5 million per....
The rumour was $8M-per on an 8 year deal

... which becomes ~ $6.5M on a 6 year deal like the one he signed.

But Leaves gave him $7.5M-per on a 6 year deal! :lol:

I've read the Leaves forum, 97% of Leafers agree the Nylander camp gangbanged Dubas...
6.9 is his cap hit.
I'm sorry, did you have a point?

BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 pm You told me last year Kadri was worth 2.5-3 million.
That's a bald-faced lie from the pit of Hell.
Well it's was less than 4.5.
Fluke season goal-wise, he's not worth $4.5M.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10464&hilit=Kadri+i ... 05#p276189
Thank you, not sure why you said 2.5-3 million.

Turned out to be TWO fluke seasons, glad to see him return to normal this year. :D
He;s the 3rd line centre! Of course his stats are down. He'd be right back with those stats as the 2nd line C.
And what did you think he was worth, 3.5 million per?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yet his icetime remains the same and he's been on the #1 PP all season...
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Babcock on why Marner's effective: "He's smarter than everybody else. He's got better edges so he can go faster. He's like Datsyuk was, he's faster with the puck than without it. He's an elite defensive player. He can check it back as good as anybody ..

Did Mike Babock just compare Mitch Marner to Pavel Datsyuk a couple of nights before the Maple Leaf take on the Canucks??? was this intentional??? are shots being fired on who the real Datsyuk really is??? Wednesday night Here in Ontario I guess during the dinner hour in Vancouver 8-) the West version of Pavel Datsyuk and 58th leading scorer in the NHL in his rookie season 56 pts in 55 games goes head to head with the 9th leading scorer in the NHL 81 pts in 66 games Mitch Marner a battle of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS... In the words of the Late Great Billy Red Lyons Don't you Dare Miss it...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5 goals in 37 games - 10 million William says to Paddy - “so I guess Dubas Dumbass is gonna have to give Marner $11 million per? Makes a whole lot of sense signing me and Tavares to crazy money contracts, especially me and my 5 goals. Now what to do about Kapanen?”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:38 pm Yet his icetime remains the same and he's been on the #1 PP all season...
He's injured and not playing.
And you did not answer the question, how much should Kadri be making his he's way overpaid?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sorry an error on my part - 5 goals 38 games for 10 million William. 0 goals 0 assists in a 6-3 win but a minus 1!

TYLER Ennis making $650,000 this year has 12 goals in 40 games thanks to a hattrick last night. Dubas got this one right I’ll give him that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Good blog on the Islanders who are "As Good Or Better" than the leaves and have tons of cap room!

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=98141

Only thing they are lacking is talent and 0% chance of getting .930 % goaltending next year
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 am Sorry an error on my part - 5 goals 38 games for 10 million William. 0 goals 0 assists in a 6-3 win but a minus 1!

TYLER Ennis making $650,000 this year has 12 goals in 40 games thanks to a hattrick last night. Dubas got this one right I’ll give him that
Yes Dubas knows to go cheap on 4th line players and not give INSANE 4 year/3 million per deals to Jay Beagle.

That Jay Beagle deal is far, far worse than Nylander's will ever be.
Last edited by BigTuna on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 am
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 am Sorry an error on my part - 5 goals 38 games for 10 million William. 0 goals 0 assists in a 6-3 win but a minus 1!

Yes Dubas knows to go cheap and 4th line players and not give INSANE 4 year/3 million per deals to Jay Beagle.

We are nowhere near in a cap shit storm like ole Dubas will be this summer. Beagle - placeholder
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 am Good blog on the Islanders who are "As Good Or Better" than the Leaves and have tons of cap room!

Only thing they are lacking is talent and 0% chance of getting .930 % goaltending next year
The Islanders stressing you out some, Tuna?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:53 am

Yes Dubas knows to go cheap and 4th line players and not give INSANE 4 year/3 million per deals to Jay Beagle.

We are nowhere near in a cap shit storm like ole Dubas will be this summer. Beagle - placeholder
Because you don't have the talent! I love the argument, Toronto is in cap hell because of too many good players... LOL.

Cap hell is the Edmonton Oilers. look at that roster. They are capped out.
Last edited by BigTuna on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:54 am
BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 am Good blog on the Islanders who are "As Good Or Better" than the Leaves and have tons of cap room!

The Islanders stressing you out some, Tuna?
Nope. You brought them up
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So then yeah the success Lou is having without Tavares is stressing you,
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Jay Beagle-2 goals in 42 games and you're stuck with him for 4 years. Ennis is making 650K and got more goals last night alone than Beagle has in the entire season.

650K that's what you spend on 4th liners. Trevor Moore is very solid young player and is signed for 750K for each of the next 2 years.

A "Placeholder" doesn't get a 4 year deal. Ridiculous.

If the leaves keep this up getting fantastic returns for so little cap on the 4th line they are keeping everyone.

Trevor Moore and Calle Rosen will contribute nicely next season for 750K each.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yes Dubas knows to go cheap on 4th line players and not give INSANE 4 year/3 million per deals to Jay Beagle.

1) Beagle has a cup.
2) Don't kick dogs.
"evolution"