US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:37 pm After sentencing, Chauvin calmly stood and put his hands behind his back to be hand cuffed.

Just imagine if George Floyd had done the same when apprehended......or Brianna Taylor's boyfriend......or Daunte Wright
Hmm you say “calmly”

The media said “emotionless”

I say “deer in the headlights”

I wonder how many other citizens he abused where there weren’t cameras watching

I wonder how many Chauvins are there out there.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:16 am Oh? So the victim is unworthy of justice. Is that the argument being peddled here? Or just a red herring to confuse people?
Can't speak for the others, but I'm just laughing at Nancy.

(and the nuttiness of lefties in general, no offence intended)

"George Floyd laid down his life for his fellow man!" :lol:
Oh yeah politicians and their politi-speak are fair game. And that last a quote is ridiculous.

I was responding more to Topper.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:39 am I wonder how many Chauvins are there out there.
As Rats is fond of saying, "where there's smoke ...".
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 am
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:39 am I wonder how many Chauvins are there out there.
As Rats is fond of saying, "where there's smoke ...".
There are a few professions that have recruitment issues and I’m in one of them.

Because we deal with children, we have to be aware that pedophiles would be attracted to teaching. As a profession we have to be aware of that reality.

So it goes in my opinion with cops, prison guards etc.

Why would a rational person want to deal with the ugly side of humanity for a living? The vast majority I’m sure want to make a difference, want to help etc. But there are violent bullies who want the power that the gun and badge brings.

...Chauvin.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Justin Trudeau: “ Vaccines on their own aren’t enough, we still need ... masks, social distancing and other restrictions”

Tucker Carlson: “Prime Minister of Canada admits on television, vaccines don’t work”

:whistle:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:45 am Justin Trudeau: “ Vaccines on their own aren’t enough, we still need ... masks, social distancing and other restrictions”

Tucker Carlson: “Prime Minister of Canada admits on television, vaccines don’t work”

Curly Hair Boy STFU and let others talk, based upon his comments we are wearing masks for the rest of our lives.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:45 am Justin Trudeau: “ Vaccines on their own aren’t enough, we still need ... masks, social distancing and other restrictions”

Essentially that's the message from Trudeau and others like Fauci.

If vaccines on their own aren't good enough then what has been the point of all these billions of spent dollars?

It's the same lunacy that says that previous infection isn't as good as the vaccine.....which is completely ignoring the science behind vaccination.

Outright stupidity.

Coronaviruses are slow mutating critters.....and 18 months later we are dealing with at least 3 variants?

Everything about this screams either outright lies or a genetically engineered virus.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:14 pm

If vaccines on their own aren't good enough then what has been the point of all these billions of spent dollars?

It's the same lunacy that says that previous infection isn't as good as the vaccine.....which is completely ignoring the science behind vaccination.

Outright stupidity.

Coronaviruses are slow mutating critters.....and 18 months later we are dealing with at least 3 variants?

Everything about this screams either outright lies or a genetically engineered virus.
The original studies to get the vaccines approved were studying efficacy against Covid-19, the disease. Studying whether virus transmission is also reduced required more time to gather data, and the results have been coming out in the last couple months. E.g. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnb7Kz.

So yeah, this statement of Trudeau's is looking out-of-date now, but I doubt any health authority is going to issue a conditional mask-wearing directive. Lots of people will just take the opportunity to not wear a mask anymore.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Outright stupidity.

The original studies to get the vaccines approved were studying efficacy against Covid-19, the disease. Studying whether virus transmission is also reduced required more time to gather data, and the results have been coming out in the last couple months. E.g. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnb7Kz.

So yeah, this statement of Trudeau's is looking out-of-date now, but I doubt any health authority is going to issue a conditional mask-wearing directive. Lots of people will just take the opportunity to not wear a mask anymore.
Which means that any kind of immunity will result in the same reduction in spread. The only difference between the mRNA type of vaccines and the standard viral vectors (as well as immunity acquired from actual infection) is the way it stimulates the immune response.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:03 pm

Outright stupidity.

Which means that any kind of immunity will result in the same reduction in spread. The only difference between the mRNA type of vaccines and the standard viral vectors (as well as immunity acquired from actual infection) is the way it stimulates the immune response.
Aren't the mild cases of covid-19 possibly attributable to low viral loads? Which could mean it hasn't stimulated the immune system fully, so not as good as a vaccination?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Except Tucker didn't say that. :roll:

https://tnc.news/2021/04/14/tucker-carl ... tatements/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Outright stupidity.

Aren't the mild cases of covid-19 possibly attributable to low viral loads? Which could mean it hasn't stimulated the immune system fully, so not as good as a vaccination?
What has a greater exposure? An attenuated non-replicating viral vector vaccine, an mRNA that only exposes the individual to an mRNA sequence so that cells can replicate the spike protein, or a live virus invading the body enough to actually create symptoms all on it's own?

I'm gonna go with exposure to the real McCoy. Mild cases can just mean that the person has a certain level innate immunity to the virus. I've read that they estimate as many as 20% of people are naturally immune to this thing (which sounds crazy right?).

Antibody levels will fall off fairly quickly perhaps with a lower viral load. However, memory B cells should still be able to produce the antibodies rapidly when re-exposed to the virus. Similar to Spanish Flu survivors who were tested in 2008, no circulating antibodies, but when re-exposed their immune system kicked in and created neutralizing antibodies immediately. I'll have to find the source for that again.....
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

33 seconds into your video ?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:22 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Outright stupidity.

What has a greater exposure? An attenuated non-replicating viral vector vaccine, an mRNA that only exposes the individual to an mRNA sequence so that cells can replicate the spike protein, or a live virus invading the body enough to actually create symptoms all on it's own?

I'm gonna go with exposure to the real McCoy. Mild cases can just mean that the person has a certain level innate immunity to the virus. I've read that they estimate as many as 20% of people are naturally immune to this thing (which sounds crazy right?).

Antibody levels will fall off fairly quickly perhaps with a lower viral load. However, memory B cells should still be able to produce the antibodies rapidly when re-exposed to the virus. Similar to Spanish Flu survivors who were tested in 2008, no circulating antibodies, but when re-exposed their immune system kicked in and created neutralizing antibodies immediately. I'll have to find the source for that again.....
This one seems to be going at about 30,000 feet.

The vaccine could 100 percent effective and it wouldn’t be enough until enough people take the shots. That hasn’t happened yet so it’s masks all around until everyone has their jab.

The idea that Carlson is trying to sell is, -if I’ve got my shots fuck you I’m not doing the restrictions thing anymore.

That’s all good for him but it’s not hard to see how long masks and social distance would last if vaccinated people are walking around without masks
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Doc, you should have linked to utube
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.