CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When asked how fascism starts, Bertrand Russell replied: “first they fascinate the fools. Then they muzzle the intelligent.”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

“When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts.”

― George Carlin
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:55 pm .
Dem Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee had this to say to a large audience of children the other day in a speech about the eclipse:

"Sometimes, you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon is that complete rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases, and that’s why the question is why or how could we as humans live on the Moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?"

At another point she called the moon a "planet."

Obviously she was mocked into oblivion for dat dere on social media.

Today she responded to her mockers with: "Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun."

Ahhh... so what she meant to say then was

... "can we as humans live on the Moon Sun? Are the gases such that we could do that?" :lol:

And she meant to say that the Moon Sun is a planet. :D

But get this...

Jackson Lee once led the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee. :shock:

Yep, we're living in clown world.
OMG it's worse than I thought:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spaced ... e-up-gases
"... a full moon is that complete-rounded circle, which is made up mostly of gases. And that’s why the question is: Why or how could we as humans live on the moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?"

In one statement, she told students the moon not only reflects the sun’s light but also emits "unique light and energy."

"What you will see today will be the closest distance that the moon has ever been in the last 20 years, which means that’s why they will shut the light down, because they will be close to the Earth"

"... I want to be first in line to know how to live and to be able to survive on the moon," Jackson Lee added. "That’s another planet which we’re going to see shortly."

In 1997, Jackson Lee visited NASA and demanded to see the flag that astronauts planted on Mars. She was gently advised that no human being had ever been to Mars because it was so far away.

She then went into a rage and accused the space agency of racism before pointing out her membership on the House science committee.
:crazy:

Nuts... E V E R Y W H E R E
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

She musta been on the space committee even in highschool. :shock:
Jackson Lee also claimed during a floor speech in March 2014 that the U.S. Constitution was 400 years old.

While speaking in opposition to a Republican-backed proposal, she gave a brief history lesson. During the lesson, she thanked the GOP for "giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not."

Jackson Lee was off by nearly 200 years old, as the Constitution was adopted in 1787.
There's more.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:47 pm She musta been on the space committee even in highschool. :shock:
:D

Butt seriously, how is someone like this put in charge of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee?

It's like something out of the movie Idiocracy.

Devolution.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Starfleet command is a prestigious appointment I'll have you know
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mining conference in Kamloops wraps up with draws on their door prize. Final draw is for some sort of spiffy blanket. My friend jokes that it is a diphtheria blanket. Winner was an aboriginal from an FN consulting firm.

Four of us nearly fell on the floor laughing.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:25 pm “When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts.”

― George Carlin
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:24 pm Final draw is for some sort of spiffy blanket.
I guess the mining industry is not awash in cash these days.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:24 pm Final draw is for some sort of spiffy blanket.
I guess the mining industry is not awash in cash these days.
First prize was a silver bar.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:25 pm “When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts.”

― George Carlin
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:24 pm Mining conference in Kamloops wraps up with draws on their door prize. Final draw is for some sort of spiffy blanket. My friend jokes that it is a diphtheria blanket. Winner was an aboriginal from an FN consulting firm.

Four of us nearly fell on the floor laughing.
That's hilarious!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, Elon Musk is holding a shareholder vote to reinstate his USD 56 billion pay package that a Delaware court earlier voided for being excessive.
At the same time he is planning to lay off 14,000 workers.

Now, here's an idea, how about he settles for just USD 28 billion, and uses the other 28 billion to keep those 14,000 workers on a yearly USD 2 million salary?

It will be the same cost for the company, and then they can keep all their staff! :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Or, heck, if he can convince most of the workers to stay on for just USD 500k per year, he could do that with just 7 billion and still keep 49 billion for himself.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:00 am So, Elon Musk is holding a shareholder vote to reinstate his USD 56 billion pay package that a Delaware court earlier voided for being excessive.
The Delaware court cancelled Musk's pay package because the Board was not independent of Musk during negotiations, and the same was not disclosed to shareholders.

Courts don't decide what is excessive and what is not, and in any case Tesla's market cap went from $50B to $500B during that period. Sounds like shareholders got fair value.