Conspiracy Theory

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Conspiracy Theory

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:24 pm Ya that doesnt surprise me in the least. Humanity are just cattle being led from paddock to pen without even knowing we're in a cage.

On a somewhat related note, i got around to it and watched Planet of Humans. Its what i and many others have suspected all along. Green energy is a giant fucking sham and all the environmental crusader organizations like Sierra and 350org are all puppets for the exact same billionaire elites that have been driving big oil for the past however many years.

Thankfully it isnt Michael Moore who made it even though he had a hand in it apparently, Jeff Gibbs is a friend or something but is far easier to sit through.

Definitely worth the time to watch it
I just heard Spidey roll over in his grave! :D
Spidey evidently enjoyed having the Koch brothers elbows deep in his anus so much he decided to let a mod at his favorite chatboard do it as well!

who's a good little environmentalist..

Who's a good boy!

If you're a good boy you can have a treat!
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Image Image Image

Now that's quite the conspiracy theory...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Haven’t seen it, but I read somewhere that they say electric cars are still dependent on a power grid run on fossil fuels, which is BS.

Who the fudge runs their power grid on fossil fuels? That’s like so 19th century. :roll:

Footnote: the last coal powered power plant has now been shut down, and the oil portion is gradually being phased out too.
Belgium and Austria have also shut down their last coal powered plants and most other Western European countries, except Germany, are following suit. It is more complicated for Germany, as they decided to shut down all their nuclear power plants.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

...........we'll still be here when you need us
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 pm Haven’t seen it, but I read somewhere that they say electric cars are still dependent on a power grid run on fossil fuels, which is BS.
could be this? maybe..
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9271&start=855 :)

Bonus needling, all in good fun, terrible sarcasm.. :P
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 pm Haven’t seen it, but I read somewhere that they say electric cars are still dependent on a power grid run on fossil fuels, which is BS.

I recommend watching before forming opinions. Thats not in the doc at all
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Looks like +25% on burning carbons.

It would be more interesting to see a spacial representation of that data.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:07 pm Looks like +25% on burning carbons.

One of the points made was the amount of carbon consumed producing/constructing wind turbines far exceeds their offset given the lifespan is only around +/-20 years. Most of the "green energy" technology required massive amounts of indirect petroleum consumption to build. Biofuel is the biggest con of all
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:14 pm
Topper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:07 pm Looks like +25% on burning carbons.

One of the points made was the amount of carbon consumed producing/constructing wind turbines far exceeds their offset given the lifespan is only around +/-20 years. Most of the "green energy" technology required massive amounts of indirect petroleum consumption to build. Biofuel is the biggest con of all
That is why I put biofuel in with burning carbon. Several years ago there was a plan to put a biofuel co-gen plant in at the Ingerbell Mine mill at Princeton (the one you drive by just on the Vancouver side along Hwy 3). They would use chips from forestry and supplement it with coal from Coalmont. The project had a mixed reception in the area so the government gave them the go ahead but mandated a coal-biofuel mix that meant 70% of the energy went into drying the biofuel and it was simply not economic. It was a wishy washy approval that let the government say they were both approving projects for industry and tell the greens that they were watching their back.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Apparently its becoming common practice in the US to log exclusively for all the new award winning "green initiative" biofuel plants. They cant find enough waste wood to burn so theyre just hacking down forest.

But holy fuck, look over there everybody....look how all that dirty oil and coal fucks up the environment!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Isukiri....

:lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I hope you all understand German....?

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Who the fudge runs their power grid on fossil fuels? That’s like so 19th century. :roll:

Footnote: the last coal powered power plant has now been shut down, and the oil portion is gradually being phased out too.
Belgium and Austria have also shut down their last coal powered plants and most other Western European countries, except Germany, are following suit. It is more complicated for Germany, as they decided to shut down all their nuclear power plants.
Sorry, the chart I posted before was for production capacity. Actual production looks like this:

Total production in 2019 was 164 TWh, so hydro and nuclear is 39% each, wind is 12% and the rest is a total of 10%.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Here ya go Per.

The problem will always be the seething masses of humanity and the consumption of the environment for energy. The only solution will ever be population reduction.

The frantic race to justify the infinite expansion of humanity is as much the problem as any right wing economic agenda.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ate-change
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A, B, C, D ----->
"evolution"