US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:50 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:23 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:36 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:12 pm But, who pays for the abortion?

If the state is going to have any financial responsibility or service obligation in this procedure then it’s not as cut and dry because the State represents the people, not just the person.

The first question is when does life begin? At conception or at the point of awareness? If the State (aka the people, aka the majority in a democracy) says that life begins at conception, then you have the moral dilemma of abortion being nothing more than electively taking a life……now the moral foundations of state law are not unshakable. That’s why this is so complicated.
Isn't it the same issue, really?

I mean, if Christians really believe that abortion is killing, then I would expect them to be blowing up abortion clinics real good.
If you expect that then you don't know much about Christianity.
Okay fine but does it really make sense to tolerate the killing of unborn people as long as your taxes don't pay for it?
I suppose it depends on what you mean by tolerate.

I mean, the reason for Christianity’s opposition to abortion is not limited to just because it’s killing and “thou shall not kill”. The opposition to it is because killing is sin. However, a Christian cannot hold an unbeliever to that standard because the unbeliever does not understand what sin is and to them that do not know it is not sin.

Christians are supposed to effect change through their own choices and actions towards one another as well as towards others. It’s a “gospel of peace” after all…..although that peace is twofold.

Christians tolerate a lot of things that they shouldn’t. They condone things that they should not. They participate in things they should not. And Jesus was the one who said, “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” Christians aren’t supposed to take up arms against their neighbours.

That being said, Christians in North America also live in a world where they are citizens who have the right to vote. They have the rights of any other citizen. Just like any other citizen they have the right to attempt to effect change at the ballot box or by writing their local representatives.

Trump even called them out during his first campaign (iirc) saying that Evangelicals have enormous power to effect change in that way. It’s the same in Canada.

But they so often do not get involved and instead are just along for the ride.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Still waiting for the believers to provide the cold hard facts the existence of their god. For some weird reason they can’t, instead you get “prove that he doesn’t exist”. Always turning it around, avoiding, dodging, skirting…., can you do that for us, Mëds?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:01 pm Still waiting for the believers to provide the cold hard facts the existence of their god. For some weird reason they can’t, instead you get “prove that he doesn’t exist”. Always turning it around, avoiding, dodging, skirting…., can you do that for us, Mëds?
Can you prove he doesn't?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:01 pm Still waiting for the believers to provide the cold hard facts the existence of their god. For some weird reason they can’t, instead you get “prove that he doesn’t exist”. Always turning it around, avoiding, dodging, skirting…., can you do that for us, Mëds?
Like clockwork
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:48 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm
Like clockwork
Then do so.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

No that this 'debate' will ever go anywhere, but there is a separate thread to use.... :oops:
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Thanks taking the time to respond Mëds.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:55 am No that this 'debate' will ever go anywhere, but there is a separate thread to use.... :oops:
Theyre all dead.

Jesus was an extra-testicle who was beamed aboard his starship hence the whole "risen" thang
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How is that Obama nuclear deal with Iran now looking?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Biden's "Don't" or Obama's "Line in the sand."

Which is the more hollow threat?

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am Biden's "Don't" or Obama's "Line in the sand."

Giving Iran billions says more than either…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:37 am
Topper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am Biden's "Don't" or Obama's "Line in the sand."

Giving Iran billions says more than either…
Yes, I mentioned the nuclear deal above.

And the IRGC is still not considered a terrorist organization by Canada

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:42 pm How is that Obama nuclear deal with Iran now looking?
???

Bit of a non sequitur.

Israel blew up Iran's consulate in Damascus, in gross violation of the Geneva convention. Iran responded.

No nukes involved anywhere. :|

Hopefully it doesn't escalate any further.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.