Just Not ready

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Just Not ready

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I have a good friend from the area and this is apparently the root of the issue and why they need to treat the west bank and Gaza as concentration camps. It's to prevent shit like they pulled in fall
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Surely it's not wrong to carry a grudge. They're allowed to have an opinion after all.

Or is your friend also saying that it's drilled into them from a young age that raping Israeli women is okay?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Are we even in the right thread for this? :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm I have a good friend from the area and this is apparently the root of the issue and why they need to treat the west bank and Gaza as concentration camps. It's to prevent shit like they pulled in fall
I think of them more as Warsaw ghettos.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Justin touring the leftwing US podcast circuit.

Pundits saying he's job shopping.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hey, a new scandal.

Liberal MP from Edmonton lost his seat in 2019, fired up his consultancy business, a 50/50 partnership with a registered lobbyest, won 100's of millions in contracts for clients doing work at the Edmonton airport. Regained his seat in 2021, stayed on the board of his company that operated under a trade name instead of its registered name while the partner continued to win contracts

from his business partner's, now MP and Deputy Minister, Ministry.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love how Topper thinks that all the criminals in politics are Liberals. They all are, the whole lot of them, fucking weasels, no matter the party you hitched your wagon to
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 pm I love how Topper thinks that all the criminals in politics are Liberals. They all are, the whole lot of them, fucking weasels, no matter the party you hitched your wagon to
They're like old time carny wrestlers Chef. They'll dig your eye out or break your spine for a quarter and they'll switch from heel to weasel to baby face at the drop of a hat. They're all playing a rigged game that the house always wins and they're okay with it. They all knew the score coming in.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The reason the liberals are so busy performing all these obviously self destructive scandals and budget fuck ups is so you all run to the conservatives thinking you're choosing the good guys.

They're all the same party, your decisions are being guided by the liver spotted hands of the George Soros's and Rockefeller's. There is a nefarious cabal at work
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 am Who do you support in this bloody affair? Israel or Palestine?
A two state solution is the only way out that doesn't include genocide of one group or the other.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 am Who do you support in this bloody affair? Israel or Palestine?
Palestine is governed by hamas a terrorist organization.
Palestine attacked Israel on October 7 killed tortured and kidnapped many Israelis….. i am in support of Israel

I feel bad for innocents in both places but they fucked around and found out … imho
Uhm, actually no.

1) Palestine is governed by Fatah, which is a secular political party (albeit rather corrupt). But they have never managed to get control of Gaza, which has been governed locally by Hamas. This setup has actually been assisted by Netanyahu, who has asked the Qataris to help fund Hamas. It may be seen as counterintuitive, but Netanyahu has stated that it is necessary to back up Hamas, because "as long as the Palestinians are divided, we don't have to negotiate". This is one of many reasons why Israelis are protesting in the street and demanding that Netanyahu resigns.

Of course, I do not think Netanyahu wanted the October attack to happen. I think he underestimated the threat Hamas posed. They just wanted to make sure that the Palestinian government did not have control of Gaza.

2) Palestine did not attack Israel on October 7. Hamas, a Palestinian based islamistic terrorist organisation, attacked Israel on October 7 in the worst terrorist attack the world has seen since 9-11. Pretty much everyone condemns this attack that left some 1200 Israelis killed and some 250 taken hostage.

The question is whether this is sufficient reason to bomb Gaza to smithereens, killing more than 30,000 civilians, more than half of those women and children, in the process and causing a man made famine in Gaza, with children now starving to death.

I personally do not support either side.
They have both committed atrocities.

I support the Oslo Peace Accord that was signed by Rabin and Arafat in 1990's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_Accords

But unfortunately I think the bloodbath will continue until the two state solution that the UN decided on in 1948 is implemented.
Granted, the patchwork 1948 borders are not feasible, so the solution needs to be based on the 1967 borders instead, that make more sense, and are the borders that most countries recognise. The details could be ironed out if the parties go back to honouring the Oslo peace process again.

But that ended after a right wing extremist settler murdered Rabin.
Then the Israelis elected Netanyahu instead, who has been opposed to the peace process all along and is in bed with the settler movement. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am
Uhm, actually no.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/libera ... st-success

Boondoggle, could have been completed in less time at a lower cost and without taxpayer money.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:28 pm Doc, Topper, Leves…your people:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6oZIp4O ... dhZjVqOA==
Stupid has no political boundaries. :roll:

The person in your video is infinitely smarter than this left wing moron (posted by Megs a while back)

https://x.com/calvinrobinson/status/1783264037767135560
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra