US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Wow that’s a lot of compassion for an EMT. :shock:
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12833
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

Why read the original document and make up your own mind when a couple of biased articles and a you tube video can make up your mind for you.

Independent thought is too difficult for lazy sheep.

I read biased articles on both sides of the issue and decided to get to the bottom of the matter and read the original document for myself and make up my own mind.

I was taught to be inquisitive and to research things, not to accept popular narratives because they are popular.

I believe UK teaches good little sheep who calmly walk off to slaughter.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 am Why read the original document and make up your own mind when a couple of biased articles and a you tube video can make up your mind for you.

Independent thought is too difficult for lazy sheep.

I read biased articles on both sides of the issue and decided to get to the bottom of the matter and read the original document for myself and make up my own mind.

I was taught to be inquisitive and to research things, not to accept popular narratives because they are popular.

I believe UK teaches good little sheep who calmly walk off to slaughter.
Gee does your original document say why Major League Baseball moved their all star game?

Does it say why the original multinational corporation Coca Cola who’s headquarters are in Atlanta has denounced the law?

Does it say why Home Depot has an issue with this law?

Did you figure out from reading the original source, why it’s not a single law but addresses several issues at the same time?

Does the original source explain why it was rushed through both houses and passed by a Republican majority with virtually no opportunity for the democrats to debate the bill?

Does the original source explain to you the context in which the republicans got their asses handed to them in the last general election and that they made an entire farce around a non existent election fraud accusation that their lawyers are still in court defending their slander?

Lol what a laugh I’m going to take a lecture from you about primary sources! Holy shit that is funny 😆

If your trying to present a well thought out thesis then yeah if there is a primary document that is the final word on a subject then great - but you don’t have a thesis do you.

Your thesis seems to be “I read the primary source and you didn’t “

First of all a primary source can’t help you if you can’t read for comprehension or if you bring your own bias looking for factoids to support your ideas. What plastic arrogance, especially since you don’t post any links to your “original source” to back your claims.

And in this case since You claim to have the juice on the matter, “you” are the primary source. I’m not arguing with the law, I’m arguing with your position on the law.

As for the “biased” secondary sources I linked to, you didn’t read either because the BBC article is not biased it contains your arguments in it. But you didn’t bother to read it because you think you know.

You aren’t open to conversation you’re just looking to feel superior. Well as someone said “over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.”
I'm amazed that some would choose to pretend be what they are not .

You aren’t a teacher don’t even try. you would be crying in your car by the end of the week. Kids will spot your fake ass inside of a minute.

And spare me your lecture on popularity. It’s never been the popular position to be a lefty. In fact when I was a kid during the Cold War publicly supporting the left was a swift route to derision abuse and potentially a career killer.

An era you can’t seem to get past it seems
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12833
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

You tube K, the tiktok influenced
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5946
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 2Fingers »

Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12833
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5946
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12833
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
when did it becomes government's role to provide rental housing?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5946
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
when did it becomes government's role to provide rental housing?
OK you lost me on how rental housing has anything to do with the # of polling stations BUT I agree with you on the rental housing. The problem is we have this special interest groups that have for years been pushing governments to do more for the lower income. Overall I am not against that but I do have a problem with people not doing what they need to do and except the government to help them out all the time.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8945
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 pm
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:42 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 am In the aftermath of that, with the Republican dream team facing lawsuits, one Republican state governor brings new laws to “tighten” election security.

I get why you would not find that suspicious or ridiculous but I don’t know how you might expect anyone else to not point at the utter lack of credibility that republicans have at this point.

After stonewalling the democrats and making no apologies for it from 2012 to 2020 and 4 year of the most disingenuous president (to put it nicely) in modern history?

Fuggetaboutit
So now you’re basing your opinion on these election reforms in Georgia, which you have no issue with sharing publicly, on the level of credibility that republicans have with democratic supporters.....rather than reading the law for yourself.

And you want to talk about credibility?

That’s incredible.
First of its not my credibility that is at stake, I didn’t make the accusations - Biden and the Democrats, Major League Baseball, Coca Cola, and Home Depot did.

But No I didn’t go and download a PDF of the state governments bill or law, why would I need to?

I’m not trying to defend a thesis nor am I trying to defend the law, that’s Topper’s chore and duty to provide links to back his claims which has neglected to do, no doubt he expects us to do our own leg work.

What I did do is read a couple articles and listened to an editorial on YouTube. I posted the links, did you read them? Did you notice I intentionally posted a link that doesn’t entirely agree with my point of view?

Probably not hey? I think actually you started this topic a few days back. Complaining about BLM making it a racism thing?

I believe that was you ?
Nah, I didn't read any of it. Just skimmed the back and forth. I was just putting the screws to you for old time's sake. :P

If you are legitimately representing a "side" in any argument and not just there to gas on the proverbial fire (which is often the case on this here message board) then I think the onus is on the individual to do their own legwork so they are representing and arguing from an informed place.

And a few days back I don't think it was me complaining about BLM. I have in the past said that it has evolved into that in a whiplash effect. Maybe not the intent of its founders, but the supporters have taken it an run amok in places. But that was a conversation from months ago.

As for racism in general, these days EVERYTHING is being made a race thing. It's sick. Does racism exist? Of course. Is every decision that fails to benefit a person of colour on an individual level a racial thing? No. But as soon as something goes the wrong way someone is screaming racism, and usually it's politicians pandering for "minority" votes.

Maybe it's time that we scrap the handles like racism and sexism and put a little stock in science that recognizes that these are human issues.....start labeling this crap in a way that unifies instead of divides.

Most people in Canada, at least in my experience, do not understand the concept of racism because it's foreign to them. Obviously I'm speaking of white people as growing up in small town BC my exposure to blacks, browns, and yellows, was pretty limited, and the majority of the First Nations in our area went to the school on the reservation (they had a nice facility). But it's still foreign to me because I can't get my head around discriminating against someone to such a level of hate that you think they are lesser than you simply because of the colour of their skin and/or where they were born. To have that kind of skewed thinking is as mind blowing to me as when someone willfully decides to vote Liberal, NDP, or Democrat. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Meds on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8945
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Wow that’s a lot of compassion for an EMT. :shock:
It's got nothing to do with compassion. I firmly believe that choices = consequences, good or bad. It's not like it's a hard thing to bring a bottle of water and a snack. It's not like it is uncompassionate to expect adults to think and provide for themselves. It would be uncompassionate to prohibit the provision of these things.

I'm just saying it is a weak argument to dump things that the individual can easily take care of for themselves with very minimal forethought or effort on the establishment. You want to talk about excessive wait times? Sure. Add more stations. Make the State provide the water if they won't add the stations to reduce wait times. But when they are increasing the number of available stations because of wait times and access, now the attack is to skew things to say they won't provide water?
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12833
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
when did it becomes government's role to provide rental housing?
OK you lost me on how rental housing has anything to do with the # of polling stations BUT I agree with you on the rental housing. The problem is we have this special interest groups that have for years been pushing governments to do more for the lower income. Overall I am not against that but I do have a problem with people not doing what they need to do and except the government to help them out all the time.
just another role that people are asking our government to control instead of taking control of it themselves.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5946
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
when did it becomes government's role to provide rental housing?
OK you lost me on how rental housing has anything to do with the # of polling stations BUT I agree with you on the rental housing. The problem is we have this special interest groups that have for years been pushing governments to do more for the lower income. Overall I am not against that but I do have a problem with people not doing what they need to do and except the government to help them out all the time.
just another role that people are asking our government to control instead of taking control of it themselves.
To a point yes, but USA is not a third world country so who would expect to stand in a lineup for 4 - 6 hours? I have never spent more than 15 minutes in a line up when I voted.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8945
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 am Why read the original document and make up your own mind when a couple of biased articles and a you tube video can make up your mind for you.

Independent thought is too difficult for lazy sheep.

I read biased articles on both sides of the issue and decided to get to the bottom of the matter and read the original document for myself and make up my own mind.

I was taught to be inquisitive and to research things, not to accept popular narratives because they are popular.

I believe UK teaches good little sheep who calmly walk off to slaughter.
Gee does your original document say why Major League Baseball moved their all star game?

Does it say why the original multinational corporation Coca Cola who’s headquarters are in Atlanta has denounced the law?

Does it say why Home Depot has an issue with this law?

Did you figure out from reading the original source, why it’s not a single law but addresses several issues at the same time?

Does the original source explain why it was rushed through both houses and passed by a Republican majority with virtually no opportunity for the democrats to debate the bill?

Does the original source explain to you the context in which the republicans got their asses handed to them in the last general election and that they made an entire farce around a non existent election fraud accusation that their lawyers are still in court defending their slander?

Lol what a laugh I’m going to take a lecture from you about primary sources! Holy shit that is funny 😆

If your trying to present a well thought out thesis then yeah if there is a primary document that is the final word on a subject then great - but you don’t have a thesis do you.

Your thesis seems to be “I read the primary source and you didn’t “

First of all a primary source can’t help you if you can’t read for comprehension or if you bring your own bias looking for factoids to support your ideas. What plastic arrogance, especially since you don’t post any links to your “original source” to back your claims.

And in this case since You claim to have the juice on the matter, “you” are the primary source. I’m not arguing with the law, I’m arguing with your position on the law.

As for the “biased” secondary sources I linked to, you didn’t read either because the BBC article is not biased it contains your arguments in it. But you didn’t bother to read it because you think you know.

You aren’t open to conversation you’re just looking to feel superior. Well as someone said “over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.”
I'm amazed that some would choose to pretend be what they are not .

You aren’t a teacher don’t even try. you would be crying in your car by the end of the week. Kids will spot your fake ass inside of a minute.

And spare me your lecture on popularity. It’s never been the popular position to be a lefty. In fact when I was a kid during the Cold War publicly supporting the left was a swift route to derision abuse and potentially a career killer.

An era you can’t seem to get past it seems
Well there's no question that you've pegged Topper. He isn't really open to conversation in the sense that his mind might be changed based on the OPINION of someone else, he has always been someone to make up his own mind based upon facts at hand. Give him a fact that counters his fact and he'll consider it. But ultimately he's always been pretty closed minded when it comes to OPINIONS.

I imagine the world would be a better place if everyone looked at facts and made up their own mind.....so long as they could also simply accept an opposing point of view without getting all offended, especially when they are offended on behalf of everyone else.

In this case you've also pegged his argument. He is straight up telling you that he read the facts of the law in question and made up his mind whether the accusations held water. His position is that you are letting the decisions and opinions of others influence your own.....and he's not wrong, you have just asked if he knows why 3 major corporate players responded the way they did, implying that those are reasons why you have taken the position you have taken. That's irrelevant. Corporations are always looking to make waves that will result in an increase in their own popularity because popularity effects the bottom line on their ledgers. Right now it is exceptionally popular to take a stand and make waves by calling something racist, even if the racism claim is fully and falsely manufactured. It's the principle of boosting one's own standing by ruining another's.

It's also rather hilarious that you think Topper is fake. Children respond very well to authority when the authority sticks to its convictions. Society is much more cohesive when there is structure. Structure is maintained by individuals who stick to their convictions. These days teachers are not allowed their own opinions, they have to accommodate every single opinion under the sun, including the opinions of their juvenile learners.....who frankly make most of their decisions based on subjective emotions because they don't have the developed mental wherewithal to act rationally yet.....and they'll never get there unless they are shown how to let the mind control responses and actions. They'll just run around making emotional decisions based on subjective opinions, responding to every opposing view with great offence and carrying a level of "justified" hate everywhere they go.

The alternative is Topper's way. Make up your own mind based on facts, and if someone disagrees and holds a different opinion, so be it. If that person is a belligerent pest, ignore them and walk away. Live and let live.

You also can't have a debate between two people when it comes to moral issues unless they hold a commonly agreed to definition of morality.
Last edited by Meds on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8945
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 am
Meds wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 pm Why is it the responsibility of the State to provide food and water?

The State should be on the hook for shortening the lines by adding more voting stations. But food and water?

Bring your own bottle of water.
Agreed, they wouldn't need food/water with more voting stations so the powers that be should mandate the right number of voting stations based upon population, distance to get there etc. etc. etc. Not really rocker science and it would benefit both parties.

Now in Canada they need to remove 50% of the voting stations in Ontario so the rest of the country can actually have a say on who gets voted in.
The same narrative that has the government becoming slum lords
In what way?
when did it becomes government's role to provide rental housing?
OK you lost me on how rental housing has anything to do with the # of polling stations BUT I agree with you on the rental housing. The problem is we have this special interest groups that have for years been pushing governments to do more for the lower income. Overall I am not against that but I do have a problem with people not doing what they need to do and except the government to help them out all the time.
I think Topper's one liner went whoosh.

He means that the narrative at play right now that UK and others are using, and harping on the Georgia State government to provide water is the same as the government of BC's responsibility to provide rental housing.
Post Reply