W-GDT Apr 26 game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

W-GDT Apr 26 game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Flip the mutherfuckin switch already!

Game on

We take this one
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

Post by 5thhorseman »

I'm with Blob here. The switch is on already, we are dominating, it just isn't showing up on the scoresheet yet. It's like the series versus Vegas in the bubble, except this time we are Vegas. Nashville can collapse and block shots for only so long.

5-2 Nucks
Picker of Cherries
CC Veteran

Re: GDT Apr 26 game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

Post by Picker of Cherries »

Story’s are airing on Sportsnet with Canuck players lining up to proclaim they believe in DeSmith.
The kiss of death.
They should be coming out, being honest and saying. He has a lot to prove, and it’s up to us to make it easy on him.

It’s equivalent to a general manager coming out to proclaim support for a head coach.
The coach’s head will usually be on the chopping block a few months later.

The Canucks are nearing the end for DeSmith.
He shouldn’t be resigned.
His ending will be bleak.

I don’t believe in DeSmith.

5-3 Nashville
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef thinks both scenarios can happen and will adjust accordingly once the results are in.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Picker of Cherries wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am Story’s are airing on Sportsnet with Canuck players lining up to proclaim they believe in DeSmith.
The kiss of death.
They should be coming out, being honest and saying. He has a lot to prove, and it’s up to us to make it easy on him.
People talk too much these days. Just shut up and put in the work. Alien death stare for everyone.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Petey is the key, cause DeSmith ain’t…he’s limited, if Petey don’t rise like the Phoenix, weez in trouble plain and simple.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This is as close to a must-win game that we want to get. It's going to be tough right from the start, and I hope the boys understand the effort they'll need in the first 5 minutes. Survive that, then start playing our game. Keep it simple, and if a pred wants to block a shot, wind up and blast it.

DeSmith will be fine, he just needs to control the rebounds and help his team keep the opposing chances to a minimum.

Fuck the preds.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hopefully they come out of the gate flying and score fast and frequently.
I expect a bounceback performance from Desmith.
Wouldn't classify it as a must win, but they need to come home with a split at the minimum.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

There is no switch
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

Post by Raile »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 am I'm with Blob here. The switch is on already, we are dominating, it just isn't showing up on the scoresheet yet. It's like the series versus Vegas in the bubble, except this time we are Vegas. Nashville can collapse and block shots for only so long.

5-2 Nucks
maybe so, but Cuz's propaganda clearly has yet to reach at least a few players
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

On the road like the team

4-3 nucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Canucks projected lineup

Pius Suter -- J.T. Miller -- Brock Boeser
Nils Hoglander -- Elias Pettersson -- Conor Garland
Dakota Joshua -- Elias Lindholm -- Ilya Mikheyev
Phillip Di Giuseppe -- Teddy Blueger -- Sam Lafferty

Quinn Hughes -- Filip Hronek
Carson Soucy -- Tyler Myers
Ian Cole -- Nikita Zadorov

Casey DeSmith
Arturs Silovs

Scratched: Mark Friedman, Nils Aman, Noah Juulsen, Vasily Podkolzin, Nikita Tolopilo
Injured: Thatcher Demko (undisclosed)

predators projected lineup

Filip Forsberg -- Ryan O'Reilly -- Gustav Nyquist
Anthony Beauvillier -- Colton Sissons -- Jason Zucker
Mark Jankowski -- Tommy Novak -- Luke Evangelista
Cole Smith -- Michael McCarron -- Kiefer Sherwood

Ryan McDonagh -- Roman Josi
Jeremy Lauzon -- Alexandre Carrier
Spencer Stastney -- Luke Schenn

Juuse Saros
Kevin Lankinen

Scratched: Tyson Barrie, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Cody Glass, Dante Fabbro, Gustavs Grigals, Juuso Parssinen
Injured: None

Status report

The Canucks held an optional morning skate. Boeser, who left practice early Thursday after appearing to get hit in the left hand with a puck, was one of 13 players taking part. ... Myers missed Game 2 because of the flu but is expected to play.… Parssinen was recalled from Milwaukee of the American Hockey League on Thursday but is not expected to play. ... Forsberg did not participate in the morning skate but is expected to play.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Earlier in the year were a scoring machine and won games by high scores. It was nice and all but Tocchet got them to buy into a system and playa stronger 200' game with an extra awareness on defence. The results were a transition over the course of the year of one of the top scoring teams to seeing more 2-1 type games, which we had success in.

With Demko you can win those 2-1 games. With DeSmith we need to get back to that high flying offence and outscore them by getting 4-6 goals a game. I just dont think our system allows for it and I dont think Tocchet will send for a breakdown of the system. Yes of course DeSmith is capable of winning those low scoring games too butI have little confidence in him.

Here is hopping DeSmith makes me eat my words and shows I am full of shit!! I'll take one for the team.
The only HW the Canucks need
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Umm... Go Team Go!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 am Earlier in the year were a scoring machine and won games by high scores. It was nice and all but Tocchet got them to buy into a system and playa stronger 200' game with an extra awareness on defence. The results were a transition over the course of the year of one of the top scoring teams to seeing more 2-1 type games, which we had success in.

With Demko you can win those 2-1 games. With DeSmith we need to get back to that high flying offence and outscore them by getting 4-6 goals a game. I just dont think our system allows for it and I dont think Tocchet will send for a breakdown of the system. Yes of course DeSmith is capable of winning those low scoring games too butI have little confidence in him.

Here is hopping DeSmith makes me eat my words and shows I am full of shit!! I'll take one for the team.
Except, as I showed earlier, goals against remained constant throughout the season (looking at twenty game blocks). It wasn't a more concentrated effort on defence. Goal scoring however, did plummet.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.