W-GDT Apr 26 game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
MVP
MVP

Re: W-GDT Apr 26 game 3 in Nashville 5pm PST splortsnet

Post by donlever »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 pm Well, looks like Chef finally got Leves attention... with a couple of blocker shots to the face.
1 - I don't even know what the latter comment means

2 - it would be Cuz who got my attention were observation skills put to better use...as well, whatever putrid minutiae Dude is currently spewing is mere white noise and as likely as not discredits the sanctity of the site
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 pm Well, looks like Chef finally got Leves attention... with a couple of blocker shots to the face.
1 - I don't even know what the latter comment means

2 - it would be Cuz who got my attention were observation skills put to better use...as well, whatever putrid minutiae Dude is currently spewing is mere white noise and as likely as not discredits the sanctity of the site
An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." - Charles Bukowski
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Woot, woot, big win!
Myers, Miller, Boeser....3 stars
Cole.. Honorable mention
DeSmith... Confidence restored
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BingoTough wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 pm Terrible attendance for a playoff game. So many empty seats!
There were a number of empty seats in Vancouver for game 1 too. People aren't willing to pay the price of tickets in the playoffs right now.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

In CD29 we trust!!! :D

If we can find a way to steal next game, it should be O-V-E-R. :)
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm In CD29 we trust!!! :D

If we can find a way to steal next game, it should be O-V-E-R. :)
Way to jinx it! :mad:
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Dominant game by Vancouver, in the 10' x 10' box around their net. Elsewhere, not so much.

Breakouts from the D zone were non existent. Forecheck was non existent. Nashville controlled the boards and the neutral zone. Their aggressive forecheck rushed Vancouver defenders into bad passes and created D zone turnovers.

Special teams have been a pleasant surprise for Vancouver. PK especially. The PP is taking advantages of Saros weaknesses.

Need to clean up the mistakes. The 1st period icing during a 4th line vs 4th line shift that kept the tired Lafferty PDG line out for an extended time against the fresh Forsberg line was very ugly.

Vancouver's smaller wingers are having a real tough time.

11.6 continues to shy away from contact, always dumping the puck off as soon as he hears or sees footsteps. Until he is willing to take a hit to make a play or play through a hit he will continue to underachieve.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Great analysis , Topper…can’t disagree with any of it. Petey looks to me like he’s stuck in his brain second guessing everything which is making him not move his feet, he needs to move and think less. He’s going through a phase of immaturity I found it interesting hearing Tocchet say after game 2 about Petey “he’s just a kid” that statement says a lot about Peteys current state. It’s all mental, he’ll get it back, when that is is the million dollar question
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 am 11.6 continues to shy away from contact, always dumping the puck off as soon as he hears or sees footsteps. Until he is willing to take a hit to make a play or play through a hit he will continue to underachieve.
Cue the "he's playing hurt" comments which has oft been a Canuck fan fallback for the poor play of our beloved multi-millionaire he-ros.

I'm no big S_C like Linden fan but in '94 the dude was damned near dead by the end of that run.

His play in the SCF game 7 down 20 lbs. (hyperbolically speaking) versus the Rangers demonstrated a push to his physical and mental limits and desire to win that EP4011.6 has yet to imagine.

Look at him, the guy is a sapling ffs, can he really go all in and battle bigger, stronger, tougher opposition players with little to no help from the refs to the degree necessary to win a Cup?

Or even dominate a post season game?

Or make the players around him better?

Once again, to the point I've been addressing all along about this player.

The regular season stats, however inonsistent, are nice and all but.....

...I haven't seen anything near him having what it takes to lead a team to the Promised Land yet.

Big investment.

I'll happily eat my words, prove me wrong and earn your money.

Suck it up buttercup.

DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

This situation with Pettersson has happened exactly like this before. The first half of '22 we were all thinking the same then out of the blue he finds the right gear.

For me it's his skating and timing is off and his linemates are bunk. When he's playing his game he anticipates plays and knocks down passes leading to offense regularly like Datsyuk used to do. He gets in on the fore check, turns picks over and does some gretzky magician shit to set up back door tap ins.. He doesn't look weak or pipecleaner-like when he's weaseling in alone through 3 defenders then going roof daddy backhand from below the tenders bag.

The hope is that he finds that button here fast.
If you need air...call it in
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Nothing like consistency for 92 sheets.

He demonstrated an ability to achieve playoff success in 2022?
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am This situation with Pettersson has happened exactly like this before. The first half of '22 we were all thinking the same then out of the blue he finds the right gear.

For me it's his skating and timing is off and his linemates are bunk. When he's playing his game he anticipates plays and knocks down passes leading to offense regularly like Datsyuk used to do. He gets in on the fore check, turns picks over and does some gretzky magician shit to set up back door tap ins.. He doesn't look weak or pipecleaner-like when he's weaseling in alone through 3 defenders then going roof daddy backhand from below the tenders bag.

The hope is that he finds that button here fast.
When carrying the puck, three strides before an opponent, he's rushing to dump it off somewhere/anywhere.

Yet he'd stand on the edge of the crease and be bumped to his knees without complaint.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am Nothing like consistency for 92 sheets.

I'm referring to the way he plays when in a funk.
If you need air...call it in
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am
donlever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am Nothing like consistency for 92 sheets.

I'm referring to the way he plays when in a funk.
...which had nothing to do with what I posted.

So Dude is not the only one here who doesn't read when responding.

Or alternately, give a shit what was said and harbours only a desire to make their point.
DeLevering since 1999.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 am When carrying the puck, three strides before an opponent, he's rushing to dump it off somewhere/anywhere.

Yet he'd stand on the edge of the crease and be bumped to his knees without complaint.
This isn't the first time you've mentioned this apparent contradiction. I'm not sure what to make of it. He does hold the team lead in penalties drawn, so maybe they getting knocked down on the boards and in the crease is part of that?