W-GDT Knights @ Canucks Apr 8 7pm PDT SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: W-GDT Knights @ Canucks Apr 8 7pm PDT SN1

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:59 pm I can pretty much guarantee you, Boesers is signing long term here. He loves Vancouver and the organization and his teammates love him. He’s our best winger and by a looooooooong shot!!!

I agree Topper, I really like Eichels game and the Getzlaf comparisons are spot on!
You can tell there was a cosmic event.....me and Chef agree on something.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

What's truly amusing is that according to some, a couple of guys cannot be criticized at all even though the fan club members can all agree that his play in the last 2-3 months has been 4th or 5th best... regularly being outplayed and outpaced for stretches by even 3rd or 4th liner linemates.

The best Canucks have regularly been criticized, sometimes daily for years on end even when their teams have consistently won. HOF forwards and goalie comes to mind. Rat bastard weasels, chokers, knock out artists, 2nd line centers masquerading as 1st, former captains and even the most electrifying player ever... but no, not Peter Piggy. A 1.01ppg secondary guy can't be called out, but a 1.10ppg primary driver... sure. Let er rip.

What's funny is the president of the JB Hate Club has been bitching for a decade and is still yelling at clouds shaped like the former GM. Every cloud seems to be shaped like Elmo for some reason. Every move or non-move was terrible BUT you can't criticize 2 of his best picks. Hmmm, interesting.

Baldies are exempt for spending big on a bottom 6 winger as their first move because he got injured early. Signing a 39 goal scorer was a great move and so was moving him, a bunch of assets for a rental. They now get props for re-signing one guy instead of the former captain (the right move) even though people bitched for close to 2 years. Moving a now 21 goal scorer with a 2nd round for what is now a 3rd round Bloom-er... beyond criticism. Spotless.

See how amusing this is? We finally have a winning season (which no one predicted), so we can only wave pom-poms? Never mind there was intense scrutiny and criticism for a string of demoralizing losses against playoff bound teams just before this latest win. What's with the whining? Or is this just normal for GDHTMBs where regular opinions and discussions should be the norm?

Strange times indeed.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:59 pm I can pretty much guarantee you, Boesers is signing long term here. He loves Vancouver and the organization and his teammates love him. He’s our best winger and by a looooooooong shot!!!
Did you study Yellen economics? So you just ignored everything HW spelled out?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:29 pm

I agree Topper, I really like Eichels game and the Getzlaf comparisons are spot on!
You can tell there was a cosmic event.....me and Chef agree on something.
Right on, Mëds. The math is simple when you look at the wings in the top 6 in which after Boeser is a sad state of affairs. HW has been gunnin’ for Boeser for years, the bird has been trying to get rid of him the day he arrived. What’s even more stunning is some would rather throw big bucks at Lindholm to play on the 3rd line instead of giving that money to Boeser!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:10 pm
Did you study Yellen economics? So you just ignored everything HW spelled out?
Carly. Are you accusing me of being a Misogynist?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gunning for Boeser for years? Not sure what that means. If it means I have called him out then yes. I was also the one who said, during his first season, he could be the next 50 goal scorer for this club. So I see his upside, I really do. I dont advocate trading Boeser and signing Lindholm to his retirement contract either.

We still have work to do to create a good, sustainable top six. 1-2 players may graduate from the minors next season. Having cap available to return a decent defence must be the number one priority for Allvin. Then solidify the centre position, then worry about the wingers.
The only HW the Canucks need
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Something has to give though - we can't keep shipping out 39 & 40 goal scorers for hopes and dreams that someone will fill their spot. Scoring has been a bit of an issue since the break, and likely going forward as the bottom 6 was playing way outside their ability.

I get the cap issues, but scorers cost money. Canucks mgmt. will have to figure it out or we will be in a bad cycle of make the playoffs once every 3-5 years.

Unless we decide to start using the 1-3-1 and just playing 1-0, 2-1 games.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hey Megs.....

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:57 am Something has to give though - we can't keep shipping out 39 & 40 goal scorers for hopes and dreams that someone will fill their spot. Scoring has been a bit of an issue since the break, and likely going forward as the bottom 6 was playing way outside their ability.

I get the cap issues, but scorers cost money. Canucks mgmt. will have to figure it out or we will be in a bad cycle of make the playoffs once every 3-5 years.

Unless we decide to start using the 1-3-1 and just playing 1-0, 2-1 games.
Yeah.. I understand it as HW posting her opinion on the financial state of the team and her preference to get certain D back next year that are costly and Boeser being the way of getting that money..

RD has a different opinion that the team will stick with Boeser and either find another way to get those D or we lose them..

Not sure any of the economics posted here are facts..

I'm of the RD opinion :crazy: that of course we want a strong D but we already have 1-2 bottom sixers in our top 6 and trading Boeser away isn't helping with that. That strong D unit will look shit real quick if they don't have the wingers supporting them. I get where HW is coming from, it's a choice one way or the other..

but every serious cup contender has at least one elite scoring winger (and often 2). We'd be replacing our only one with UFA? What will that cost if there's even such a player available? 9 mil +? Good luck finding one as young as Boeser (27) when you sign them to a 6+ year contract
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

all a much easier problem to deal with when Kuz was still considered a 40 goal scorer..
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 am Gunning for Boeser for years? Not sure what that means. If it means I have called him out then yes. I was also the one who said, during his first season, he could be the next 50 goal scorer for this club. So I see his upside, I really do. I dont advocate trading Boeser and signing Lindholm to his retirement contract either.

We still have work to do to create a good, sustainable top six. 1-2 players may graduate from the minors next season. Having cap available to return a decent defence must be the number one priority for Allvin. Then solidify the centre position, then worry about the wingers.
Dude has trouble telling the truth. Just like he has difficulty not dropping a greasy turd in every other post about Jim Benning.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:02 pm What's truly amusing is that according to some, a couple of guys cannot be criticized at all even though the fan club members can all agree that his play in the last 2-3 months has been 4th or 5th best... regularly being outplayed and outpaced for stretches by even 3rd or 4th liner linemates.

The best Canucks have regularly been criticized, sometimes daily for years on end even when their teams have consistently won. HOF forwards and goalie comes to mind. Rat bastard weasels, chokers, knock out artists, 2nd line centers masquerading as 1st, former captains and even the most electrifying player ever... but no, not Peter Piggy. A 1.01ppg secondary guy can't be called out, but a 1.10ppg primary driver... sure. Let er rip.

What's funny is the president of the JB Hate Club has been bitching for a decade and is still yelling at clouds shaped like the former GM. Every cloud seems to be shaped like Elmo for some reason. Every move or non-move was terrible BUT you can't criticize 2 of his best picks. Hmmm, interesting.

Baldies are exempt for spending big on a bottom 6 winger as their first move because he got injured early. Signing a 39 goal scorer was a great move and so was moving him, a bunch of assets for a rental. They now get props for re-signing one guy instead of the former captain (the right move) even though people bitched for close to 2 years. Moving a now 21 goal scorer with a 2nd round for what is now a 3rd round Bloom-er... beyond criticism. Spotless.

See how amusing this is? We finally have a winning season (which no one predicted), so we can only wave pom-poms? Never mind there was intense scrutiny and criticism for a string of demoralizing losses against playoff bound teams just before this latest win. What's with the whining? Or is this just normal for GDHTMBs where regular opinions and discussions should be the norm?

Strange times indeed.
Do we know if he’s hurt? Has he had a 40 goal scorer tethered to him all year? He has had a plethora of different linemates. I do know he has one less even strength point since the all star break than JT. And I’ve not been a guy to toss shitballs at JT. The Adjustment fella wanted Chytil, Lungqvist and a late 1st for him. He had quite a few posts stating this.

Kesler and Burrows were rats. They earned a lot of the jabs they got. I don’t recall myself hacking the twins too much, other than Danny should have speared Marchand in the bag.

JB was a travesty of a GM. He made some good picks (I’ve stated this multiple times regardless of the Olaf and Jake blunders) and fucked up the rest of his job other than the Miller trade. He was a klown. Not a peep out of the Benning posse for almost a decade. The team was a league wide joke but he was the goodest.

The Mikheyev signing looks bad after he got hurt. No doubt. Move him in the summer if you can but don’t be surprised if he’s a knee bounces back. If he had his wheels you’d see a different player, but right now it looks bad. Ditto for the Lindholm trade. But it was a gamble. Not looking good. Probably don’t double down and re-sign him unless he really shows something this spring. But the $$ and term have to make sense. Dickinson was complete dogshit in Vancouver and was a 10 goal scorer on a decent team. He would never approach 20 here. It’s all about ice time. Apparently he had a bad paw. Could very well be a mistake. This management is not above reproach but they look a lot more professional than the last group.

It’s funny. Dude leaves a greasy turd in almost every thread lying like a cheap rug and that’s ok. I respond to it and I am enraged and I get don’t pollute the threads with crap about Benning. It’s ok to mention Benningbuilt, the genius, and a pile of other shit from multiple posters but for fuck sakes don’t respond.

This is me enraged. 🤔

Peters contract hasn’t kicked in yet. I like to think with the rising cap coming he will play close to the level of it for most of not all of it. I still think he’s nicked up.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benning was scum!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning is a decent human being, I wish I could say the same for Doyle’s Gillis but I can’t.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:12 pm Benning is a decent human being, I wish I could say the same for Doyle’s Gillis but I can’t.
(I'm just trying to talk Blobby in off the ledge)
____
Try to focus on someday.