GDT: Nucks vs Habs March 19 4 pm TSN SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Nucks vs Habs March 19 4 pm TSN SN

Post by Cherry Picker »

Drich82 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:42 pm Hope Marc Joanette isn't reffing tomorrow.

I'm not one to rag on the refs, but seems like we haven't been getting the benefit of the doubt on any calls recently. Seems like the refs put the whistle away when we're pushing, and find it again when we sag.
Yup, that was awful. Most biased refs this season.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So glad we prevailed against the habs and their 2 striped friends.

#RATPOWER
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -1-1- EVEN:- Adam Gaudette (4) Tip-In,- assists: Antoine Roussel (3),- Zack MacEwen (1)- 02:25- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/rhwlvv

VAN- 2-1- EVEN: -Nils Hoglander (6) Tip-In, -assists: Nate Schmidt (8),- Brock Boeser (16)- 06:37- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/a8cq6x

VAN- 3-2- EVEN:- J.T. Miller (9) Backhand,- assists: Quinn Hughes (24)- 02:01- OT --- https://streamable.com/du9p77 . :P : 8-) If Demko had of just got a touch,, he would have had an assist.

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
VAN----- 28---- 11------- 0/2---------- 33.9%.>>> ick
MTL----- 31---- 27------- 2/4---------- 66.1%

Myers takes the heat from Toffoli --- https://streamable.com/cfqvtf

Miller hit on Gallagher/Sutter chance to tie it ---- https://streamable.com/c3r4ph

Virtanen hits the post --- https://streamable.com/w45pcc

Canucks protecting a lead and Virtanen does this --- https://streamable.com/fh7vnw ... :roll: grow up, man..
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post-game; JT Miller..4:39, min.
Miller: On the OT winner; "I was on the ice for a really long time but I wasn't really doing a lot... they were just swinging it around... That's a heat of the moment move that doesn't happen a lot."
--We're playing the right way and if we stick to it, we'll get the results.
--Miller on trying to complete the back to back on Sat: "Its a giant game for our team. It means a lot to us... The biggest game we've played yet this year. We know what's at stake"
Post-game; Travis Green..2;47 min.
Travis Green on Jimmy Vesey: I liked his game tonight. Big body....he seems to handle the puck well and can make plays.
--Travis Green on the reaction on the bench when Montreal tied it:
"No one flinched at all.
--On the progress of Hoglander; We know he's very good in close and around the net. We're trying to get him focusing on the other parts of his game as well.
--Travis Green on the goaltending situation for tomorrow./*chuckles* We'll talk about that tomorrow. "
"evolution"
Drich82
CC Rookie

Post by Drich82 »

Game like tonight, the wrong simple play really stands out as they almost always lead to scoring chances in a game where there wasn't many.

MacEwan, & Virtanen were all but benched (except for Virtanebs shift where he punched Toffoli, what a meathead) because they made poor neutral zone plays.

I liked Vesey's game. Gaudette should stay in over Beagle.

Hog and Podz after Brock and JT with Petey and Bo is a great looking Top 6.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I really think they should play Demko tomorrow. He's fucking hot right now so keep feeding him games.

If you put in Holtby and they lose, then go back to Demko, that's just horrible.

Keep playing Demko till he loses and then give Holtby a chance I say.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Yup, go with Demko but keep your hook ready for a quick switch if he gives up early goals and looks tired.

No problem with Jake’s face punch. They didn’t score on that PP. No harm, no foul.
Toffoli has been a pain in the ass all season. I want to punch him in the face, too. :D
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

JT Miller is a huge part of this team's turn around and coinciding success of late. Whatever frustrations or demons he was fighting earlier have obviously dissipated. He's back to full blown beast mode again and it's a key ingredient for winning games, one way or another.

Demko had another stellar outing and although the Canucks only registered 11 hits,(hard to believe), both Myers and Edler were solid on the back end.

I'm getting the impression that Gaudette has it figured out, this is the time to throw down his proverbial cards on the table in regards to a future with
this team. He does seem to be concentrating a little more to details like using the boards as an extra player plus "not" giving up possession with ill
advised passes that have very little chance of hitting their marks.

Teams better with Motte on it but doubt if it's something we're going to get use to seeing. The guys a tenacious checker and hard to play against but he leaves himself open to big hits by simply not knowing where they're coming from. Poor on-ice awareness. Hope he can figure that out.

If I'm the coach, I'm asking Demer in the moring, "You good?" If he says yup, I say go.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:32 pm Canucks protecting a lead and Virtanen does this --- https://streamable.com/fh7vnw ... :roll: grow up, man..
*LOL* Too funny. It looks like Toffoli first gives Jake a shot, so Jake's prob steaming. It then appears Jake looks around to see if the refs are watching and then he goes ahead and gives Toffoli a pop. Of course, Jake gets called. :lol:
rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:05 pm Gaud almighty :thumbs:
The Hockey Gaud with another big goal to get the team going. He is the Habs Killer! :P
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 pm Yup, go with Demko but keep your hook ready for a quick switch if he gives up early goals and looks tired.

No problem with Jake’s face punch. They didn’t score on that PP. No harm, no foul.
Toffoli has been a pain in the ass all season. I want to punch him in the face, too. :D
Toffoli's face always looks like it just got punched seconds ago
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Drich82 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 pm.

Hog and Podz after Brock and JT with Petey and Bo is a great looking Top 6.
Hell yeah!

Whats the pod situation? Is SKA still playing?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:40 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:36 pm
theman wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:34 pm Was the delay of game penalty on Motte the correct call? Radio guys are still complaining about it.
It was the right call.
That one isn’t on the refs but the high stick penalty’s not called are..
Honestly Rats, when I saw those three French officials skating around pre game I was a little worried...
The NHL, Giving Montreal the edge for over a hundred years
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Played well for two periods, then hung on in the 3rd. Gaudette had a solid game in the middle. That whole line skated pretty well last night. Hughes is getting abused in his own end right now. The Habs seem to feast on this kid. Another strong game for Nate Schmidt. He and Edler are a legit solid middle pairing. Hard to believe there’s a few posters here that want to ship him out. He had a few games where his ice time dipped but he was over 20 minutes again last night. During this hot streak he has 6 points in his last 10 games.

Not sure if I start Demko tonight. A case can be made for starting either goalie. Win this and spilt with or get three points against the Jets and playoffs could be a thing. Nobody thought that three weeks ago. Still the team is too reliant on the keeper though. Need to get to the break over . 500 then get Demko rested and Pettersson back for the stretch drive and hopefully start putting the other team on it’s heels.

I wonder if Burrows will continue to wear the mask post pandemic or if the Habs will get him fitted for a muzzle.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Normally you would play Holtby but TD is like Patty Roy out there right now plus they have a rest week coming up.

Fuck it, ride 'em hard and put him away wet. Its not unheard of for a team to play a hot superstar goalie back to back. Give Holtby Mondays game
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:19 am Normally you would play Holtby but TD is like Patty Roy out there right now plus they have a rest week coming up.

Fuck it, ride 'em hard and put him away wet. Its not unheard of for a team to play a hot superstar goalie back to back. Give Holtby Mondays game
We also have a week long break after the 2 Jet games, All-Star weekend or something? The DemiGod can get a break then. :P