GDT: Grubby Toads @ Canucks Marc 10, 8 pm RSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Grubby Toads @ Canucks Marc 10, 8 pm RSN

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

What's Greener's deal with playing this Hawrlyuk every game I wonder...
el rey del mambo
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 pm What's Greener's deal with playing this Hawrlyuk every game I wonder...
They won three in a row with this line-up, so not changing things up is understandable. But now they should get MacEwen in for one of the many wingers that have done nothing (Roussel, Hawryluk, Michaelis). Ideally all three if Bailey and Motte were ready.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s likely curtains on the playoffs. The Canucks got abused worse than Dick Stroker on a hockey message board. The game wasn’t even close ever. Fucking beating.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 pm I suppose the silver lining is that we don't have to watch these guys get outright abused, destroyed, and humiliated in the playoffs this year.

It'll be a consolation prize if the coaching staff and management is completely gutted save for Ian Clarke.
Fyp
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 pm I suppose the silver lining is that we don't have to watch these guys get outright abused, destroyed, and humiliated in the playoffs this year.

It'll be a consolation prize if the coaching staff and management is completely gutted save for Ian Clarke.
Fyp
You mad bro? You wouldn't axe Thomas Gradin, would you?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:06 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 pm

Fyp
You mad bro? You wouldn't axe Thomas Gradin, would you?
Gomes leave the ‘you mad bro’ for others... it’s really not your shtick. Almost as bad as Dickie Dee pulling out that tired line earlier. I guess you guys are old though so my apologies.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -2-1 -PPG:- Brock Boeser (14) Slap Shot, -assists: Quinn Hughes (22),- J.T. Miller (18) -04:54- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/ziq3zy

View 2 close up.. https://streamable.com/51olzd

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
MTL----- 45---- 24------- 1/5--------- 42.4%
VAN----- 24---- 18------- 1/3--------- 57.6%

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nice hit by Jake on Weber --- https://streamable.com/5stkm8

Kotkaniemi boarding on Hamonic--- https://streamable.com/bi2z9m

Miller fights Chiarot --- https://streamable.com/h5o0ne

:evil: It's not supposed to be fun --- https://streamable.com/oi6t39

Tyler Myers intermission --- "That was a terrible period" ---https://streamable.com/grbg2q

Miller mad at himself. --- https://streamable.com/2i6byp ..for giving it away, he thinks.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Alex Edler & Brock Boeser post-game...3:40 min.
Brock Boeser: They came out hungrier from the start, and they outworked us tonight. That's all there is to it. I think we all feel in the room that we've been playing good hockey. We all know the standard that we have within the room. We all know we can be a lot better than that.
-- I like to score when our team wins. I'm going to keep saying that. We've got some important games coming up, so we're going to focus on those and take it one game at a time.
Thatcher Demko post-game...4:52 min.
Thatcher Demko: It's kind of the same feeling after you lose whether you face 10 shots or 50. "I don't know if we were at our best there"
Obviously, I want them all back. That's just the nature of things.
-- Thatcher Demko on the 8pm start: Guys are used to playing at different times their whole career. That's no excuse.
Travis Green post-game..4:52 min.
Travis Green calls his team's performance "very poor." "We had a lot of players that didn't play very well." We deserved exactly what we got tonight. You've gotta be able to make a pass. You've gotta be able to move your feet. I thought in the first period we looked extremely slow, and I didn't think we passed the puck well all night.
Brendan Batchelor quotes
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:02 am Alex Edler & Brock Boeser post-game...3:40 min.
Brock Boeser: They came out hungrier from the start, and they outworked us tonight. That's all there is to it. I think we all feel in the room that we've been playing good hockey. We all know the standard that we have within the room. We all know we can be a lot better than that.
-- I like to score when our team wins. I'm going to keep saying that. We've got some important games coming up, so we're going to focus on those and take it one game at a time.
Thatcher Demko post-game...4:52 min.
Thatcher Demko: It's kind of the same feeling after you lose whether you face 10 shots or 50. "I don't know if we were at our best there"
Obviously, I want them all back. That's just the nature of things.
-- Thatcher Demko on the 8pm start: Guys are used to playing at different times their whole career. That's no excuse.
Travis Green post-game..4:52 min.
Travis Green calls his team's performance "very poor." "We had a lot of players that didn't play very well." We deserved exactly what we got tonight. You've gotta be able to make a pass. You've gotta be able to move your feet. I thought in the first period we looked extremely slow, and I didn't think we passed the puck well all night.
Brendan Batchelor quotes
Well that me for staying the obvious Travis. Now, you’re the coach, fix it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 pm What's Greener's deal with playing this Hawrlyuk every game I wonder...
Lunchbucket
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Travis Green won’t get a new contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:31 am
Lunchbucket
JH is a half decent energy 4th liner. I'd take him over Roussel or Sutter as he works, skates hard, finishes his checks and will muck it up. Hes got balls

Sutter might have an efficient stride but he has the slowest first and 2nd steps I've ever seen play pro hockey.

Is Pearson trying to lower his trade value so we cant move him?

Toss that game in the bin. They better fucking be ready for Saturday
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Green was angry with his players for their poor passing but that’s what happens when you have a preference for stone hand Lunchbucket type players and litter their line up with them. The Canadians forward group are much deeper in skill than us, that’s the difference, quite simple. Half our forward group is slow and Lunchbucket. Green has a problem with skill players with speed for some reason

Gallagher
Drouin
Tatar
Anderson
Kotkaniemi
Perry
Suzuki
Armia
Danault
Toffoli
Byron
Evans

Literally everyone of their forwards do not have stone hands, there is the difference
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That is basically a lunchbucket group Chef.

The difference is their group goes out armed with the 3 man forecheck game plan and our team goes out without a plan to counter it. They just fumble and fuck around while the lunchbucket habs execute their plan.

Green should be punted like tiny troy
If you need air...call it in