GDT: Canucks at Oilers Friday Oct 17 6:30 PM SNP SNV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

GDT: Canucks at Oilers Friday Oct 17 6:30 PM SNP SNV

Post by donlever »

CANUCKS (2-0-0) at OILERS (0-3-1)

Season series: The Vancouver Canucks' top line of Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin and Radim Vrbata combined for seven points in a 5-4 shootout win against the Edmonton Oilers on Oct. 11. Edmonton led 4-2 before Vancouver tied it with two power-play goals.

Canucks team scope: Vancouver has 76 shots on goal in its two wins; Vrabta has two goals on nine. After being off since defeating the Oilers, the Canucks play again Saturday at home against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Coach Willie Desjardins would not reveal if goaltenders Ryan Miller and Eddie Lack would split the back-to-back, the Vancouver Sun reported. Miller has an .889 save percentage but two wins. Rookie forward Bo Horvat practiced Thursday but it is unknown when he will return from a shoulder injury to make his NHL debut.

Oilers team scope: Edmonton has allowed 5, 4, 6 then 7 goals in its four games. Goalie Viktor Fasth (groin) is on injured reserve, leaving the net to Ben Scrivens, who allowed six goals on 29 shots in a 7-4 loss to the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday. Forward Taylor Hall had two goals and an assist in that game, and was plus-2. Jordan Eberle had two assists returning from an undisclosed injury. Forward Leon Draisaitl, the third pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, had an assist for his first NHL point. Defenseman Darnell Nurse, the seventh pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, made his debut this week.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks at Oilers Friday Oct 17 6:30 PM SNP SNV

Post by ukcanuck »

holy crap the lockout is finally over!!

I heard rumours, saw a few comments here and there...

Sanity has returned!

Btw, read something about Gawds team appearing in Seattle the other day...) kind of out of the loop over here in left field :)

Anyway, a good showing tonight, (yesterday!?)

Sets the boys up for a tough week I figure.

Big night for the SVS line, and heaven help us, some defense please... Gonna need it soon

If I'm the coach I'm going with Lack, never play your number one in the other guys barn..

Tampa is watching, let's paste oiler ass all over the glass !

Canucks 3 - oilers 2
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'm heading out of town for the day but I'll tape the game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:I'm heading out of town for the day but I'll tape the game.
Yeah, the '80's instagrammed, they want their VCR back.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Donny my long lost has returned. This is a sign that we win tonight!
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Donny my long lost has returned. This is a sign that we win tonight!
Or he gets disappointed (again) and quits (again).

C'est la vie!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

lol
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:lol
Hide onny
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

In North bay Ontario will watch the game 3 hours later than the rest of you. I can say that after staying here for a week watching the Nucks and working will suck.

The late nights would kill you.

Also, man are houses cheap here. My townhouse is more expensive than this house which is bigger, with huge land.

Anyways Nucks better be better than the last game in their own end.

Nucks win 4-1
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote:
Hide onny
BetterDeadThanRats eh?

They're playin with u ratman.

Comes with the seniority.

And the badge.
DeLevering since 1999.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I hope Horvat is ready. Would love to see him feast on the Coilers crappy 3rd and 4th lines in his debut.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Hide onny
BetterDeadThanRats eh?

They're playin with u ratman.

Comes with the seniority.

And the badge.
Yes its true Donny.....I relish the acclaim..... Ntsybtw 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Tciso wrote:I hope Horvat is ready. Would love to see him feast on the Coilers crappy 3rd and 4th lines in his debut.
Apparently not.

Read this morning (Province.com/some dudes tweet?? - can't recall)' that he did not even make the trip.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Here, a feel good for y'all..

Hot off the presses (mere moments ago)..

On behalf of everyone at Canucks Sports & Entertainment, I want to take this opportunity to thank you and to celebrate a truly amazing accomplishment we’ve achieved together. On opening night vs the Edmonton Oilers, we reached 474 consecutive sellouts. It’s your loyalty and passion for the Canucks that helped fill Rogers Arena every night, beginning on Nov. 14, 2002 with a 3-2 win over the LA Kings.

As a Season Ticket Member, we wanted to let you know first that our sellout streak has come to a close as the longest active streak in the NHL and one of the most extensive in professional sports. It’s an amazing achievement and it’s been a truly remarkable ride, filled with some of the most exciting moments in Canucks history.

We are a strong franchise with a competitive team and bright future. With a season ticket base at 97% of what we had last year, we still anticipate many sell outs. And for those games we don’t, we’ll be using this opportunity to donate tickets to kids and community groups who won’t otherwise be able to experience a Canucks game live.

On a personal note, I can tell you that the past six months have been some of the most positive I’ve experienced since we opened Rogers Arena back in 1995. And the momentum continued into the first two games of the year. It’s a long season, but it’s been an exciting and refreshing start as we open a new chapter for our team.

I want to reemphasize that our goal remains the same. We’re focused on winning and to continuing to make you proud – to reigniting the excitement for Canucks hockey in our city. I know I speak on behalf of the Aquilini family and Trevor Linden when I say we are 100% committed to putting you at the forefront of everything we do.

If we do that, I believe we’ll be talking about many memorable games and a new sellout streak again very soon.

Sincerely,

Victor de Bonis

DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

How is the "sellout streak" over if they haven't played another game at home yet?

I'm confused.