L-GDT: Canucks @ oilers may 14/24 6:30 pm snp

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: L-GDT: Canucks @ oilers may 14/24 6:30 pm snp

Post by CrzyCanuck »

The funny thing is

Yeah we have our own issue with our no.1 paid player, and we were down no.1 goalie and a top 4 D

Yet the oilers need bounces and lucky goals to beat us 🤣🤣🤣
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:51 pm Is Tocchet gonna grow some balls regarding line-up changes or is he gonna play if safe?
Safe
What players does he have to insert not in the lineup? 2 assist Podkolzin? Yeah he’s “a beaut”…..I mean it’s only been five years since he was drafted. It is bad enough he has brick hands but it’s amusing to see people calling him some sort of physical beast, like he can be a disruptor, kamikaze, get in and the opposition pay a price. He’s Jack Skille, Tyler Motte and Artem Chubarov rolled into 1 meager player. A piss poor pick at 10.

Peter needs to get his head out his ass. Put Hoggy back in but fuck with the lines a bit. Podkolzin doesn’t even know what the question is let alone be part of the solution. If they can sneak by the Oilers, get Demko in next round, who knows. VaSKille ChubPoldzin is Motte the answer. Give him a musket and get him into a fight somewhere to prepare for his next season on Abbotsford’s top line.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Don't care, if they're changing the wins, it's in 7.
Once a Canuck always i'll be.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Podkolzin will be a beast one day…one day. He’s a good lad. The Big Z will get signed and will take the Big P under his wing, show him the way, talk to him, talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But you can’t, before that kid’s long gone, and an old man is all that’s left. He will have to live with that. A bust? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, Blobbee , and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a shit.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ oilers may 14/24 6:30 pm snp

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:42 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:32 pm Hrudey and Ron MacLean giving Pettersson the gears. Fucking trolls, eh.
Good. I like that they are. He’s a joke. 1 goal in 10 playoff games. Gonna be the 5th highest paid player in the league on July 1st.
There has to be something wrong with him. Since the 2015/2016 season, when he was 17, he has always put up better numbers in the playoffs than in the regular season. And that includes his only previous NHL playoffs in 2019/20. He then put up 66 points in 68 regular season games and then 18 points in 17 games in the playoffs. OK, only marginally better than the regular season, but still.

4 points in 10 playoff games is way below what he should be putting up after an 89 point regular season. He ought to have scored at least 12.
I'm pretty certain he's nursing some kind of injury that they are keeping secret.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 am Podkolzin will be a beast one day…one day. He’s a good lad. The Big Z will get signed and will take the Big P under his wing, show him the way, talk to him, talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But you can’t, before that kid’s long gone, and an old man is all that’s left. He will have to live with that. A bust? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, Blobbee , and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a shit.
You into the screech this morning?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:52 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:51 pm Is Tocchet gonna grow some balls regarding line-up changes or is he gonna play if safe?
Safe
VaSKille ChubPoldzin is Motte the answer. Give him a musket and get him into a fight somewhere to prepare for his next season on Abbotsford’s top line.
That was well done.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:32 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 am Podkolzin will be a beast one day…one day. He’s a good lad. The Big Z will get signed and will take the Big P under his wing, show him the way, talk to him, talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But you can’t, before that kid’s long gone, and an old man is all that’s left. He will have to live with that. A bust? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, Blobbee , and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a shit.
We should move to Zihuatanejo. Vancouver is done. It’s gonna be a giant ghetto here soon. They are trying to cram immigration into a sardine can, it’s over. Mexico is where it’s at.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nah, I'd say he watched The Shawshank Redemption last night. :D

I recognized the Morgan Freeman parole board spiel immediately!

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm
Nah, I'd say he watched The Shawshank Redemption last night. :D

I recognized the Morgan Freeman parole board spiel immediately!

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
I’m surprised Doyle didn’t catch it, it’s one of his all time favourite movies, so much so he once considered buying propety in Zihuatanejo.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob living in the land of tequila poppers and cheap blow...what could go wrong...
If you need air...call it in