Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d like to see Uncle Lalit get a show.

Also get a former player or two back here to do a show. A guy like Bieksa would be a natural. I personally like O Dog and Noodles in TO.

Halford and Briugh just aren’t funny. Much like Onrait and O’toole and Don Taylor who were all once sorta funny, the shtick is drying up. That and poaching material from other shows- “what’d we learn today” etc. Sekeres and Price is informative but they are a bit too negative. Best show on right now in my limited listening has to be Walker and Rintoul.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Elliotte Friedman on sportsnet 650 am radio Sept 24
https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-progra ... -signings/

touches on the ridiculous, suspendable, unprovoked, dirty, chickenshit, borderline journeyman trying to make himself noticed, illegal,
cowardly, hit on Boeser and whether best players should take part in preseason games, and that Vancouver fans have a right to be ("pissed-off"'
his words), and so on.....
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Eriksson getting absolutely demolished on the company radio station today, big-time.
Sportsnet 650 am between 1:00 and 1:30 pm.
Pointing out how he just glided and dogged his way through camp and even more so in the preseason games.

Nice to hear the word getting out there.

hey; just a million is lots. FFS, take it.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:18 pm hey; just a million is lots. FFS, take it.
:?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Dhaliwal is OK in limited doses, but the bitchy-banter thing that show does is awful which makes Halford/Brough the alternative in that slot. They're fine. The mid-day stuff is pretty grim. Moj is very good talking football, but pretty meh otherwise and Don is past his expiration date - but, the 650 option is worse. Turn off your radio and use the midday slot to get some exercise. Sekeres-Price and Rintoul-Walker are both pretty good, but I give the edge to TSN. Have you guys noticed that the 650 show always seems to be stalling/dragging-out their material as though they don't have enough to fill the show? It's painful. I think those two could ad-lib better than what the producer has them doing.

We would be better off with only one station. Most of 650 sucks.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Dhaliwal's got a mouth made for twitter.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Puck wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:18 pm Dhaliwal is OK in limited doses, but the bitchy-banter thing that show does is awful which makes Halford/Brough the alternative in that slot. They're fine. The mid-day stuff is pretty grim. Moj is very good talking football, but pretty meh otherwise and Don is past his expiration date - but, the 650 option is worse. Turn off your radio and use the midday slot to get some exercise. Sekeres-Price and Rintoul-Walker are both pretty good, but I give the edge to TSN. Have you guys noticed that the 650 show always seems to be stalling/dragging-out their material as though they don't have enough to fill the show? It's painful. I think those two could ad-lib better than what the producer has them doing.

We would be better off with only one station. Most of 650 sucks.
Agree, not enough sports in Vancouver to have 2 stations. They also don’t put enough effort. Get past players, interview GMs from other teams, get more agents on. Do specials but the constant same theme day after day is boring plus we can get the same information off of the internet within minutes so we don’t need them for current news.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One thing I like about 650 you get more Canucks talk, the dingbats at 1040 try to talk about other sports but nobody cares, this is Canuck town. Sekeres and Price stink of something foul, they’ve let their Benning Hate cloud their better judgement in respectable Canuck reporting. They are too loyal to the 3-G’s - Gillis-Gallagher-Gilman
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:11 am One thing I like about 650 you get more Canucks talk, the dingbats at 1040 try to talk about other sports but nobody cares, this is Canuck town. Sekeres and Price stink of something foul, they’ve let their Benning Hate cloud their better judgement in respectable Canuck reporting. They are too loyal to the 3-G’s - Gillis-Gallagher-Gilman
People care about other sports. I certainly do. Problem is these idiots aren’t qualified to comment on other sports.

Perhaps Hargraves and the Chef should have their own show
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:25 am.

I'd tune in
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:27 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:25 am.

I'd tune in
You could be a caller like Carl in Rosemead
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who is Troy in White Rock and who is Maple Leaf Dave?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am Who is Troy in White Rock and who is Maple Leaf Dave?
Wids is maple leaf dave
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am Who is Troy in White Rock and who is Maple Leaf Dave?
Wids is maple leaf dave
She's back pretty quick and gonna see that. It's gonna hurt, Whiz. (pain smiley).

Troy has been around for about 15 years now. He's cooled it now. In the 2004 / 5,6 era, epic he was. Drunker than a skunk but
he'd stay on hold as long as it took.
Now he's always first priority. Still gruff but sober.
"evolution"