Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am There are teams out there that would give up a ton for the alien wrapped up through his prime in an expanding cap world.
I would offer that there is 11.6 million reasons why teams wouldn’t agree with you. Not with how he is playing now.

But the Tkachuk angle? Hughes and his buddy Brady? But it’s Ottawa and that $11.6 will be a deterrent in that market. How much is Jake Sanderson gonna sign for? What is Stutzle getting?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:19 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am There are teams out there that would give up a ton for the alien wrapped up through his prime in an expanding cap world.
I would offer that there is 11.6 million reasons why teams wouldn’t agree with you. Not with how he is playing now.
... and you'd be wrong.

Again. :drink:

There are teams out there who will need to get to the cap floor as the cap explodes.

Teams that are desperate for star player.

GMs don't care much about "how he is playing now"... they look at the big picture.

Career point-per-game, 35-goal centre, just 25 years old, signed for 8 more years.

When this contract was signed, pretty much everyone around the league said it was about right.

A two month slump doesn't change much.

I don't want to trade Pettersson, I'm just responding to the silly talk about him lacking value.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It's a really tough call - I agree he has value, that's pretty much a fact.

As to whether he has value in Vancouver vs the assets he could bring is another question. I'm still on the fence with this one. If he gets his shit together soon (like this or the next series), then we can relax over the summer. If not, then there's going to be a LOT of talk all summer about how "He can't perform in the playoffs".

I was ready to get rid of Boeser last year for the right price. And once again, I'm glad I'm not an NHL GM. I'm sure those that are running the show know what's best in this case as well.

In the end, I think EP40/Fiddy/11.6 - or whatever we call him this week, will be fine. In 5 years, I hope this thread looks ridiculous. But for now, there's a lot of concern with what we're seeing.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Agree with Doc. At his worst he’s an 80-85 point two way Centre. A bad two months doesn’t just crater his value at 25. 12 million is the new 10 with the rising cap. He’s 25 for fuck sakes. He’s under contract through his prime. Kid is struggling now.

Dude, Sanderson and Stutzle are locked up long term.

If they want to deal him I’d takeBrady back as a main piece. But he’s only got 5 years term compared to Peter’s 8. They would need to throw in another player to balance this.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:04 pm Agree with Doc. At his worst he’s an 80-85 point two way Centre. A bad two months doesn’t just crater his value at 25. 12 million is the new 10 with the rising cap. He’s 25 for fuck sakes. He’s under contract through his prime. Kid is struggling now.

If they want to deal him I’d takeBrady back as a main piece. But he’s only got 5 years term compared to Peter’s 8. They would need to throw in another player to balance this.
2 points in 5 games is an 80-85 pace?

Remember when Naslund was setting the world on fire in the regular season but disappeared in the playoffs?

Remember when the Sedins would go from league leaders to the invisible twins?

Hard pass on repeating that.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:41 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:04 pm Agree with Doc. At his worst he’s an 80-85 point two way Centre. A bad two months doesn’t just crater his value at 25. 12 million is the new 10 with the rising cap. He’s 25 for fuck sakes. He’s under contract through his prime. Kid is struggling now.

Remember when Naslund was setting the world on fire in the regular season but disappeared in the playoffs?

Swede Nylander is certainly no regular season Joe.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Petey has 7 goals + 13 assists = 20 points in 22 career playoff games.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Trade him away then Mëds. Then you will chant and cry for another 80-100 point Centreman.

I hate Benning but he drafted a few good pieces. They have a few shitty games and Mëds wants to give them the boot
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 pm

Petey has 7 goals + 13 assists = 20 points in 22 career playoff games.
The bubble wasn’t real playoffs and you know it. Quit skewing stats to fit your narrative like a Liberal/Dem.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:08 pm Trade him away then Mëds. Then you will chant and cry for another 80-100 point Centreman.

I hate Benning but he drafted a few good pieces. They have a few shitty games and Mëds wants to give them the boot
I only want to trade him because I don’t think he will EVER live up to that contract. I would be happier with a 70-80 point guy who plays like O’Reilly or Bergeron.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:38 pm Quit skewing stats to fit your narrative like a Liberal/Dem.
*holds up mirror*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:38 pm Quit skewing stats to fit your narrative like a Liberal/Dem.
*holds up mirror*
About time…..been telling you to do a bit of reflecting for years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 pm
*holds up mirror*
"When a Liberal/Dem comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses the debate."

- Godwin's Law

8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:48 pm
*holds up mirror*
"When a Liberal/Dem comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses the debate."

- Godwin's Law

8-)
That was kind of a low bridge hit Doc.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:48 pm
*holds up mirror*

- Godwin's Law

8-)
Hahaha. I like that one.