Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ok since I've been the one riding out in front of the cavalry flying his standard...I'll kick it off

After seeing this pathetic version of the Swedish pipe cleaner here's a bold one:

EP to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuck

I'm sick of defending someone who plays like such a puss bag.

Get it done before the extension kicks in too so he has no say in the matter. Trader Jim wouldn't be afeaid
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Meds »

I’d be making calls now if I was PA/JR.

Unfortunately not too many teams are going to make us a decent offer after his last 2 months of hockey.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

EP ain’t going anywhere, Mëds

But I believe Hronek is unless he comes way down in his price. How about this spit ball? Hronek for Zegras? Apparently Zegras and the Ducks want a divorce.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 am Ok since I've been the one riding out in front of the cavalry flying his standard...I'll kick it off

After seeing this pathetic version of the Swedish pipe cleaner here's a bold one:

Get it done before the extension kicks in too so he has no say in the matter. Trader Jim wouldn't be afeaid
I was on board with this before he signed to 11.6 and the Carolina rumours surfaced. Now you'd have to sweeten the pot and compete with the leaves salary cap dump in the off season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 am Ok since I've been the one riding out in front of the cavalry flying his standard...I'll kick it off

I was on board with this before he signed to 11.6 and the Carolina rumours surfaced. Now you'd have to sweeten the pot and compete with the leaves salary cap dump in the off season.
The patient and rationale are always willing to wait for the real thing rather than pay the same price for 75% of the desired package.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The other thing to consider with Pettersson is that the Canucks will be hard pressed to trade him to another Canadian market. No GM worth his salt would take this guy at that cap hit if the home market is high pressure and expectation from the fans and no other major league teams in the market to insulate from local media vultures.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Salt Lake might want a star signed for the next 8 years to draw crowds. What would they give up to have one?
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Trader Jim would throw in a second as a sweetener
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:58 am

Rutherford was the original Trader Jim and who I meant
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:19 am

Rutherford was the original Trader Jim and who I meant
I, if I were the Canucks, would do that trade in a heartbeat.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It will cost more than a second
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

There are teams out there that would give up a ton for the alien wrapped up through his prime in an expanding cap world.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am There are teams out there that would give up a ton for the alien wrapped up through his prime in an expanding cap world.
Didn't the Avs get a boatload for Duchene?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am There are teams out there that would give up a ton for the alien wrapped up through his prime in an expanding cap world.
I agree with this and think Ottawa would be one of them.

Brady kaChuk is a childhood friend of the Hughes kids as well
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Like the JT Miller trade?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau