2024 Playoffs Discussion / Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
MVP
MVP

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion / Predictions

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 am No to Tanev. He isn't the player he once was and why would he leave tax free Texas.
...as well as a legit, realistic 2 or 3 year window Cup winning opportunity in the actual moment not somewhere down the road.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am The Oilers are dismantling a stingy defensive tream that the Canucks struggled against this season. Draisaitl has been very impressive, he’s on a mission. As of now I’d say the Oil are favourites to come out of the west.
Or the AVS...can they toss the puck around or what. The coil have such an average defense and goaltending that if you can crack the McDavid code you can beat them
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm Not to put too fine a point on it, but 11.6 registered a single shot on net tonight. Stepping up huge.

In all fairness ...
In all fairness, if he had a winger better than Hoglander who would have buried that pass from behind the net we'd all be raving about that brilliant play.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am Not even Chef brings up Benning and Gillis anymore, if I am it’s because I’m getting roped into it by others. Chef has moved on to the Allvin watch show, some of his blunders has him very concerned.
You have constantly left those Benningbuilt turds in your posts. So what you took one day off and that is moving on?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am His blunders? Rutherford and his manservant Smithers have orchestrated one of the quickest, most dramatic reversals of fortune I've ever seen in the NHL
Kuzmenko - blunder
Mikheyev - blunder
Lindholm - blunder
Freidman - blunder
Bloom - blunder
Kravtsov - blunder
Studnika - blunder
Stillman - blunder
Dermott - blunder

So many draft picks traded away. But I will say this, the book isn’t written, the jury is still out…I do like some of the things he’s done with the “great core” he inherited…let’s just hope he can succeed with the greatness he inherited compared to the failure of Mike Gillis with the great core he inherited. The parallels are uncanny! Gillis wasn’t the right man for the job with his inheritance, let’s hope Alvin is.
This is whole post is a fucking blunder.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 am
Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm Not to put too fine a point on it, but 11.6 registered a single shot on net tonight. Stepping up huge.

In all fairness ...
In all fairness, if he had a winger better than Hoglander who would have buried that pass from behind the net we'd all be raving about that brilliant play.
He’s truly got no one to play with who can think the game on his level. He’s playing with bottom six wingers and that’s half the problem.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am Not even Chef brings up Benning and Gillis anymore, if I am it’s because I’m getting roped into it by others. Chef has moved on to the Allvin watch show, some of his blunders has him very concerned.
You have constantly left those Benningbuilt turds in your posts. So what you took one day off and that is moving on?
I closed the book on BenningBuilt…I think I BenningBuilt stamped one post recently. That’s it. The BenningBuilt days are in the past. Chef has moved on. I do wish you’d move on from Elmer Jet Black but that doesn’t seem to be on the cards yet.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am The Oilers are dismantling a stingy defensive tream that the Canucks struggled against this season. Draisaitl has been very impressive, he’s on a mission. As of now I’d say the Oil are favourites to come out of the west.
Or the AVS...can they toss the puck around or what. The coil have such an average defense and goaltending that if you can crack the McDavid code you can beat them
With no Demko we ain’t getting past - Edmonton, Colorado, Las Vegas, Dallas and Winnipeg. Even with Demko we’d be hard pressed beating any of those teams in a seven game series, maybe Winnipeg.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Jet fans must be wondering what happened to the team.

All that talk about goaltending and Hellebuyvk has let in 17 goals in 3 games. Have not watched a single game but wonder if it is just piss poor luck or has he just lost it. They may want to go with their backup in the next game. Also a hell of a lot of fighting going on in the last game.

Makes you appreciate the Nucks with DeSmith and Silvo.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

One big hit on McDavid and the Oilers are done.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am Jet fans must be wondering what happened to the team.

All that talk about goaltending and Hellebuyvk has let in 17 goals in 3 games. Have not watched a single game but wonder if it is just piss poor luck or has he just lost it. They may want to go with their backup in the next game. Also a hell of a lot of fighting going on in the last game.

Hellybuk looks totally rattled. They're shooting from everywhere and he's consistently puking up rebounds
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am Jet fans must be wondering what happened to the team.

He’s faced a ton of shots. But he looked really bad on 3 of the 6 last night.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hellybuk has looked like an ordinary goalie, not a Vezna finalist. That is the big difference for the team right now. The Avs are opportunistic and are scoring in bunches. Its like he lets one goal in and within 3 minutes 2-3 more are in. Almost like he is getting rattled. But the Avs are a powerhouse and play some solid hockey so it isn't a fluke either.

Both teams are hitting but one team is taking a lot of penalties, Jets. Jets are capable of bouncing back but they looked shell shocked. They need to find a way to forget about the first 3 and take back home ice with a solid game next one up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Has anyone been watching the Stars - GK series ?

I haven't, but I find the current standing surprising, and I wonder if any of you know what's up.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Knights choked them defensively in game 2.

The Stars got nothing of substance in the way of offensive chances.

21 shots total, not many grade A's.

The first game the Stars allowed 4 goals on 15 shots.

Enough said.
DeLevering since 1999.