2017 Re-draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2017 Re-draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cale Makar - 92 NHL games played
Elias Pettersson - 165 NHL games played

Pettersson played practically an entire full NHL season in his rookie year before Makar started towards the end of the season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Heiskanen has had an interesting year, offensively he was off to a brutal start, but he's leading the team in ATOI with 25+ minutes, which is insane. However, he's not putting up historic offence like he did last year in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting how his contract extension goes, and how it compares to Quinn's
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

1) Makar and it's not really close

2) Pettersson (coin flip with Heiskanen)

3) Heiskanen (quite a gap to #4)

4) Hischier

5) Necas

6) Suzuki

7) Roberston

8) Norris

9) Batherson

10) Comtois

Top 10 with Yamamoto an HM based on who he's played with.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hischier way too high on your list curmudgeon

Makar is too brittle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Just ignore Chef there curm, he doesn't like players from western Canada.

He also think Horvat is weakling with no stamina.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm Just ignore Chef there curm, he doesn't like players from western Canada.

He also think Horvat is weakling with no stamina.
Bo seems to have improved his VOmax
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds. Is it safe yet to label Nolan Patrick a bust? 4 goals 5 assists
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:26 pm Mëds. Is it safe yet to label Nolan Patrick a bust? 4 goals 5 assists
For a guy that went 2nd overall? Probably safe to say that's a bust.....could still be a late bloomer though.

But what's he got to do with anything?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:26 pm Mëds. Is it safe yet to label Nolan Patrick a bust? 4 goals 5 assists
For a guy that went 2nd overall? Probably safe to say that's a bust.....could still be a late bloomer though.

Just wanted your two bits on Patrick.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:48 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Just wanted your two bits on Patrick.
Based on his production in light of where he was drafted.....yeah, he's pretty much a bust at this point.

He's had health issues though, so he could very well become a productive player through his mid-twenties.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

At best Chad Kilger, Boyd Devereaux

So many Canadian busts, Mëds. Is it time we start realizing that we may be overvaluing Canadian hockey prospects
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 pm At best Chad Kilger, Boyd Devereaux

So many Canadian busts, Mëds. Is it time we start realizing that we may be overvaluing Canadian hockey prospects
Out of the last six hockey tournaments for Men’s best on best, which country has won 5 of these tournaments?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Out of the last six hockey tournaments for Men’s best on best, which country has won 5 of these tournaments?
I know that, just curious as to why so many high in the order drafted Canadian prospects are busting
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:49 pm

I know that, just curious as to why so many high in the order drafted Canadian prospects are busting
Probably no higher a percentage per capita than any other country. Similar to you launching diapers about BC born players. Just as many per capita likely busting from the other provinces. You do seem to take a lot of glee out of a Western Canadian kid, in particular one born in BC, flaming out though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m predicting Bedard will be best BC born player of all time, that list includes Sakic