2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 am Doyle what happened to that bum Ryan Johansen?
Super nice kid. My buddy’s son is good friends with him. He’s just too nice and soft though. He doesn’t have the cajones or the edge needed to be a top player. I’m surprised his brother Lucas hasn’t made it yet but he has been absolutely riddled with injuries three years running now.
Yeah I get the sense ole Johansen has that Garrison west coast chill vibe going on, flip flops and IPA’s pool side is their zone
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

WHL’ers Savoie and Geekie are having far better starts than that bum - Shane Wright. Should Geekie and Savoie be ranked higher than Shane Wright. Is Wright another Rico Fata flash in the pan OHL’ er?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:40 pm WHL’ers Savoie and Geekie are having far better starts than that bum - Shane Wright. Should Geekie and Savoie be ranked higher than Shane Wright. Is Wright another Rico Fata flash in the pan OHL’ er?
How’s Jim’s other nephew doing?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

13 points in 13 games is so superior to 8 points in 8 games. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Shane Wright has 16 points in 12 games. Is he still a bum?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

:thumbs:
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm Shane Wright has 16 points in 12 games. Is he still a bum?
I like this Savoie kid. 2nd in scoring in whl
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:58 pm :thumbs:
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm Shane Wright has 16 points in 12 games. Is he still a bum?
If you knew you were guaranteed a top 3 pick, would you duff the season?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:38 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:58 pm :thumbs:
If you knew you were guaranteed a top 3 pick, would you duff the season?
No
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’ll ask again in ten games. I’m on the fence.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 pm I’ll ask again in ten games. I’m on the fence.
The boys will get it together Doyle, however, the coach is a problem, Green just isn’t right for this group imho
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I really hope that Elms doesn’t trade this pick. You can’t go three straight years with no first round draft picks. Not to mention all the other 2nd and 3rd round picks and prospects that have been squandered. Someone needs to step in and say that pick is off limits. It could be a top 5 pick. I joke about Elms not needing a first and only a couple picks a year but I’m terrified someone may move that pick to save their own skin.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:51 am I really hope that Elms doesn’t trade this pick. You can’t go three straight years with no first round draft picks. Not to mention all the other 2nd and 3rd round picks and prospects that have been squandered. Someone needs to step in and say that pick is off limits. It could be a top 5 pick. I joke about Elms not needing a first and only a couple picks a year but I’m terrified someone may move that pick to save their own skin.
I honestly believe this isn’t his decision. In fact I’ve heard through the grapevine he’s been shut down on a number of moves proposed to the owners, resigning Toffoli being one of them, but you’re right I’m done with trading draft picks and prospects as it will rear it’s ugly head soon when we need those ELC’s to combat being against the cap which is pretty much now, after Podkolzin and Hoglander there pretty much isn’t much in the way of a pipeline anymore
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Savoie leading the WHL in scoring with 29 points in 18 games. Geekie not too far behind him with 22 points in 18 games (9th overall in WHL scoring). Shane Wright has 18 points in 14 games (16th overall in OHL scoring)

Is Wright generational?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wright is damn good but I don’t think he’s generational. I’d maybe say there’s been a half dozen or so generational players and I don’t see Wright as good as Crosby or Mcdavid. He may end up somewhere between Tavares or MacKinnon.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

With a top 5 pick looking pretty likely, Vancouver should get a quality asset in this draft. Dry too heavy in forwards. Even though we need D, BPA should always be the M.O.. No need for a repeat of 2016. It will be interesting to see who’s making this pick