Out of Town Scores - 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2021

Post by 5thhorseman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 am
rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:45 pm Caps beat bruins 8-1
I hope everyone is ready, as there probably is a few of those games headed our way over the next 3 weeks.
... and Demko with the empty-netter?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 am
I hope everyone is ready, as there probably is a few of those games headed our way over the next 3 weeks.
Most of the Demko games I am not worried about.

It’s the Holtby/Mikey games that could get out of control.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised with a false dawn beginning to the restart of the season but then it will quickly spiral out of control due to injuries, mental fatigue of the tight schedule and rust. It could get ugly.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:45 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised with a false dawn beginning to the restart of the season but then it will quickly spiral out of control due to injuries, mental fatigue of the tight schedule and rust. It could get ugly.
It could get ugly REAL fast indeed!

I have no expectations for the rest of this season, and I don’t blame coaches or management for the end results here. Injuries (including COVID) and schedule kill us this year. Not an excuse, just not blaming coaching or management for the standings, however they end up.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 am I have no expectations for the rest of this season, and I don’t blame coaches or management for the end results here. Injuries (including COVID) and schedule kill us this year. Not an excuse, just not blaming coaching or management for the standings, however they end up.
This was going to be an asterisk kind of season from the get-go. Personnel-wise and cap-wise, it was going to be sidestep no matter what. The schedule didn't help. Having goaltending get off to a slow start didn't help. Green didn't help.

Now that the season's a complete clusterfuck, all bets are off. If we're even sniffing at .500 to close I'd be surprised.

Maybe no opponents will want to hit or get too close, and we can use that to our advantage? Let everyone play the space Gretzky was allowed? :D
2021 - Playoff Bound
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:09 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 am I have no expectations for the rest of this season, and I don’t blame coaches or management for the end results here. Injuries (including COVID) and schedule kill us this year. Not an excuse, just not blaming coaching or management for the standings, however they end up.
This was going to be an asterisk kind of season from the get-go. Personnel-wise and cap-wise, it was going to be sidestep no matter what. The schedule didn't help. Having goaltending get off to a slow start didn't help. Green didn't help.

Now that the season's a complete clusterfuck, all bets are off. If we're even sniffing at .500 to close I'd be surprised.

Maybe no opponents will want to hit or get too close, and we can use that to our advantage? Let everyone play the space Gretzky was allowed? :D
Lol. Can you imagine the bad habits that would create?.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Not Quick enough tonight.. :lol:
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

From the Friday night's (no contact) Men's recreational league .

"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Sabres mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, 10 straight years of no playoffs, tying the Panthers and Oilers for longest playoff drought in NHL HISTORY.
With the loss, the Sabres are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

10th straight season they will miss the playoffs ties the Florida Panthers (2001-11) and Edmonton Oilers (2007-16) for longest in NHL history.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:41 pm Sabres mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, 10 straight years of no playoffs, tying the Panthers and Oilers for longest playoff drought in NHL HISTORY.
With the loss, the Sabres are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

10th straight season they will miss the playoffs ties the Florida Panthers (2001-11) and Edmonton Oilers (2007-16) for longest in NHL history.
There should be an asterisk for the leaves only making it in a lockout-shortened year to break up their decade drought
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:04 pm
rats19 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:37 pm I don’t thinks gauds will come back and bite anybody.. imho

I can see it. :mex:
Gud Gaud, he's a point-per-gamer in Chicago with an assist tonight.

He was initially credited with the goal but they changed it to Kampf.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did Kampf tell the scorers, "the goal is mein."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm Did Kampf tell the scorers, "the zee goal is mein."
:lol:

Fixed it a little
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

With Montreal and Calgary flinging their dirty diapers everywhere, Vancouver still has a pretty good chance at making the playoffs 25%-ish, maybe?)

Sutter's shine has worn off in Calgary, and Montreal seems to be finding reasons to suck. Gallagher is out. Price is out for a few weeks, and Weber seems pretty disinterested.

Even with more games to play, I think the Canucks have the better schedule, with our last 5 games schedules for after Montreal is finished playing, and 4 of the 5 are against the Flames. It is looking a lot more do-able than even 3 days ago.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

we can all breath better, the Leaves won again.

Whew that was close, the world almost ended.