Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 pm Problem is it seems the management poured too much effort into OEL
I get a kick out of you broom pushers who think managers are unable to weigh multiple scenarios and outcomes at one time. :mrgreen:
I get a bigger kick out of fast food workers like yourself who say the poisonous contracts are easy to move. They haven’t moved one yet Burger Boy. :lol: now get back there and flip those patties! :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 pm Problem is it seems the management poured too much effort into OEL
I get a kick out of you broom pushers who think managers are unable to weigh multiple scenarios and outcomes at one time. :mrgreen:
I don't think anyone is suggesting they didn't weigh the scenarios. I think they're saying the suits simply took their shot and missed.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:22 pm
I don't think anyone is suggesting they didn't weigh the scenarios. I think they're saying the suits simply took their shot and missed.
Missed on that particular fish perhaps, there are others...

EDIT: BTW that broom pusher thing is a long running Topper joke aimed at Doylie. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:22 pm
Missed on that particular fish perhaps, there are others...
Well they also just missed on the fish that should have been the easiest to catch.

I just listed the other fish.....there aren't that many left.

The OEL fish had a double row of teeth. Quality in and dead weight out.....missing on that made a helluvalot more work.

On another note.....

While Barrie won't help our defensive zone coverage, he will help our breakout because he is a guy who won't just panic with the puck and can move it out himself (better than anyone not named Hughes should TB sign here).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

There are free agents and there are other possible trades.

Cool Hand Jim was talking about trades today, trades that he could no doubt pull the trigger on.

It's all good, Jimmy's got this...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Well they had to move on from Tanev, and Edler too, at some point but they sure could have been way better prepared for it. The swap from Markstrom to Holtby was necessary to retain Demko and wasn't dictated by cap so much but this one and the challenges they're going to have in replacing Tanev and Stecher are definitely a result of poor cap management. Not that I would have given Tanev the deal he ultimately got but as of right now the Flames right side is far superior to the Canucks thanks to Tanev and the Baerstchi trade. Ouch.

I'm still waiting for the Ferland LTIR and Eriksson retirement announcements.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:30 pm There are free agents and there are other possible trades.

Cool Hand Jim was talking about trades today, trades that he could no doubt pull the trigger on.

It's all good, Jimmy's got this...
Yep. Bargains, bargains, bargains galore.

We must be crazy, we're goin' out of business etc...
el rey del mambo
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Not sure what I think about this, don't know if he is the type of D man we need.
Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
The Canucks have had more talks with Tyson Barrie’s camp tonight. More to come tomorrow morning I think.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:48 pm Not sure what I think about this, don't know if he is the type of D man we need.
Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
The Canucks have had more talks with Tyson Barrie’s camp tonight. More to come tomorrow morning I think.
He isn’t. Let’s hope it’s just BS. He’s good with the pick but a pretty poor defender.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

:D
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 pm Tofolli can’t skate. The team is already way too slow. I’m ok to see him walk. I’m fine seeing Marky walk and Tanev. Too much term for me. Problem is it seems the management poured too much effort into OEL which thankfully fell apart. Time to go dumpster diving on one and two year deals and explore the trade market. Let the poisonous contracts run out and try and break in some younger free agents or trade acquisitions.
I’m alright with who toffoli is. He reminds me of Geoff Courtnall, streaky but generally timely.

He fills a spot on the top two and gives balance to the line juggling

But I want to see what the prospects look like.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:32 pm Well they had to move on from Tanev, and Edler too, at some point but they sure could have been way better prepared for it. The swap from Markstrom to Holtby was necessary to retain Demko and wasn't dictated by cap so much but this one and the challenges they're going to have in replacing Tanev and Stecher are definitely a result of poor cap management. Not that I would have given Tanev the deal he ultimately got but as of right now the Flames right side is far superior to the Canucks thanks to Tanev and the Baerstchi trade. Ouch.

Bryan Little got such an announcement today, he's medically ruled out of the season for the Jets (head). We need our crack medical team to earn it's keep and favor us with an announcement on Ferland. They cleared him four times I think last season and on all four occasions it was instant concussion-like symptom city. Enough.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:48 pm Not sure what I think about this, don't know if he is the type of D man we need.
Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
Ya, and it's the right hand side but;
Dhaliwal: I believe the Canucks are interested in Tyson Barrie.
9:20 PM · Oct 9, 2020
That's two; There are more. Smoke?
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:32 pm Well they had to move on from Tanev, and Edler too, at some point but they sure could have been way better prepared for it. The swap from Markstrom to Holtby was necessary to retain Demko and wasn't dictated by cap so much but this one and the challenges they're going to have in replacing Tanev and Stecher are definitely a result of poor cap management. Not that I would have given Tanev the deal he ultimately got but as of right now the Flames right side is far superior to the Canucks thanks to Tanev and the Baerstchi trade. Ouch.

Bryan Little got such an announcement today, he's medically ruled out of the season for the Jets (head). We need our crack medical team to earn it's keep and favor us with an announcement on Ferland. They cleared him four times I think last season and on all four occasions it was instant concussion-like symptom city. Enough.
They should have done that immediately upon elimination. Was it four times? Unreal.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 pm

They should have done that immediately upon elimination. Was it four times? Unreal.
Yeah, I believe it was four. There was the initial clearance which ended with the staged fight with Cilfford., the shutdown when he was working out in the fall, the return to play in Utica which lasted a period and change, and the final one in the playoffs which ended in the second game after another fight with Marcus Foligno.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Think the Canucks will probably talk to Tyson Barrie. Isn't this what many of us said July 2019 when he signed with TO?

Now Stecher will probably be re-signed to roughly the same as he was making. That's what a UFA can do. Decide his own destiny.
We'll see.

Quinn Hughes will miss Tanev. Sorry to see him go. Guess the Canucks didn't trust his longevity long term. Flames throwing plenty of money
around. Will come back to bite them. F**kers.
"evolution"