Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Oh man, this is gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hey I wasnt looking at his Mick...man
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So i wonder if greener gives another fuck you to canucksland and parks JG again for feces and anus. Maybe he knows hes not coming back and is pissing in Jimmys coffee pot on his way out
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm Hey Cousin Strawberry, whatever it was I posted in the game thread last night that you didn't like, I totally missed that until just now.

No ill intention on my part my friend, believe me. I probably misquoted you or something. I'm usually a little buzzed on those threads and last night was no exception :)
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 99#p429299

You called him "Mick"... [EDIT]

We know it was innocent, we were just having fun with it

... and with the fact you weren't catching on.

It's all good Meg. :wink:
Watch it Urica. Your getting close to the red zone :evil:

Must be tough on the old ego for the owner of the name, when getting called Mick is one of our worst insults.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:43 am So i wonder if greener gives another fuck you to canucksland and parks JG again for feces and anus. Maybe he knows hes not coming back and is pissing in Jimmys coffee pot on his way out
I think he'll get as many of the young players and prospects in tonight as possible. Nothing to lose only gain, Other than Edler getting that 100th goal, there really isn't anything pushing him to worry about points or wins. He did mention Lind couldn't play till the final two.
Wonder if he'd sit a regular defense man and have Juolevi and Rathbone in the same game?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So drafting position...

We sit in the 4hole this morning and with Seattle snagging 3 that means we will pick anywhere from 5 to 10 barring an untimely return to competitiveness. I personally could care less about any of these scores, losing now is preferred but not dressing Gadj, Rath, Lind, anyone else knocking on the door is a fucking disaster and waste. The games are nothing.

Why cant this team play their future now? There are work arounds. Its fucking ridiculous to see feces and anus and even edler at this point
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver Canucks @Canucks
Demko starts today in Edmonton.

Same forwards as last game.

Rathbone and Chatfield slot in, Schmidt and Juolevi come out.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm Franco...I’m curious how close he still is to Geoff and Russ Courtnall. Pretty common knowledge they were big backers of Mike Gillis back in the day. ... but I believe they are all still tight. I’m sure they have opinions
Astute, Elliotte confirming the team has reached out to Geoff Courtnall to be the teams Advisor in some capacity...welcome to the La Cosa Nostra Courtbros.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

SKYO wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm Franco...I’m curious how close he still is to Geoff and Russ Courtnall. Pretty common knowledge they were big backers of Mike Gillis back in the day. ... but I believe they are all still tight. I’m sure they have opinions
Astute, Elliotte confirming the team has reached out to Geoff Courtnall to be the teams Advisor in some capacity...welcome to the La Cosa Nostra Courtbros.
Oh jeez they’re going to go back to the German national team jerseys and call it progress I can see it now.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 3e6a8e495/

Wonder if the Aquas want to bring Courts in, so he can give some advice/council to their asset in Jake Virtanen. :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tried to buy a Virtanen jersey for my wife but the team has removed his name from the available options.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boeser - 22 goals 23 assists
Konecny - 11 goals 23 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Topper wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm Tried to buy a Virtanen jersey for my wife...
Lmao!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

SKYO wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm
Growing up watching the Victoria Cougars play I've always been fan of the Courtnalls...

In a former work life I did business with a fellow who helped raise them after their father died and he explained some of the challenges they had to deal with growing up which made me a bigger fan...

Years later I would see Geoff, Russ, their brother and their wives/girlfriends in the summers when they were picking up a convertible for Russ to drive as a demo from a customer of mine...

They would return the car just before training camp began along with a team autographed stick and jersey which the dealer would include with the sale of the car...

Thinking of the game last night against the Flames, you have 2 GM's who have each been on the job for 7 years and each has 1 playoff series win in that time...

Not sure how many in the game would choose the Flames future over Vancouvers, yet you don't hear the constant whining and complaining about their GM like you do ours...

And watching the Florida/Tampa game last night, which was on a different level from anything we've seen this year, and seeing how the former Canucks 5th round pick Gustav Forsling is playing along with a review of Bennings draft history reminds you of how good Benning has been every June....

Anyways, what I think makes Benning a target for some is how awkward he is in front of a microphone which is something Treliving is good at which I think is what keeps the focus away from him and the terrible job he has done as compared to what Benning has been able to do...

What the Canucks have been missing since Linden left and what I think they desperately need is a voice for the team who is much, much better in front of the cameras and if that is what they are planning with the hiring of someone like Courtnall I'd be all for it...

And thinking back to those dark draft days in June under the Gillis regime, my biggest fear is that Canuck twitter and some media with an axe to grind are pushing out maybe the best drafting GM the organization has ever had...

Take care...