Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The clipboard was nothing more than a security blanket for him, his teddy bear. It was maddening I’m getting mad now just thinking about it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:14 pm The clipboard was nothing more than a security blanket for him, his teddy bear. It was maddening I’m getting mad now just thinking about it
Yup, look at it:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:14 pm The clipboard was nothing more than a security blanket for him, his teddy bear. It was maddening I’m getting mad now just thinking about it
I think you and Willy should have a fist fight. Right on the corner of your old stomping grounds; Hastings and Heatley? Just throw down and trade punches. He would dance around your sloppy roundhouses and feed you a mouthful of red chicklets. You in a leather vest and spandex, him in a vintage Indian Sweater and 501 Levi’s ...... a ring of supporters circling the main event. Could you take him Chef???? Or will you be waving the refs in to stop the beating?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 pm
I think you and Willy should have a fist fight. Right on the corner of your old stomping grounds; Hastings and Heatley? Just throw down and trade punches. He would dance around your sloppy roundhouses and feed you a mouthful of red chicklets. You in a leather vest and spandex, him in a vintage Indian Sweater and 501 Levi’s ...... a ring of supporters circling the main event. Could you take him Chef???? Or will you be waving the refs in to stop the beating?
Chef has East Van wiles, he'd feed Willie his clipboard.

GO DUDE GO!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:29 pm

GO DUDE GO!!!
I will also be in the Dude’s corner. Im curious if he knows Willy is a lefty :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:40 pm I will also be in the Dude’s corner. Im curious if he knows Willy is a lefty :lol:
By the time the Dude is done with him he won't remember if he's a lefty or a righty!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

WTF is with Luongo tweeting the top 5 Canucks of all time are Sanford, Sabourin, Schneider, Lack and Raycroft? LMFAO, that is going to draw some heat.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:17 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:23 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:50 am Lind is the real deal
I reckon he's tracking to steal a seat come camp if the 2 winger holes in our top 6 arent addressed from outside the org.

Meg, what do we have in Kole Lind? Is he ready to steal?
I think he has some of the same pest qualities that Jimmy sees in Jayce Hawryluk. I don't know about this year, but if things go according to plan those two will be nipping at opposition legs on the fourth line for years to come.

Couple of good prairie boys too, just like Benning. You just know those three and their dad's have had some hearty Western conversations around the hot stove. ;)
I did some Googling and YouTubing of Kole Lind to see that the goals he scored in junior he wouldn't be able to score in the NHL because the goaltending is that much better in the NHL. Also, he was on the PP a lot in Kelowna which he wouldn't get if he made the Canucks. His skating coach says he is a good skater but then says, "At this level they're all good skaters." So he's not speed demon. Looking at his stats in Utica, I'd say he's trending towards a Jannik Hansen without the speed type maximum potential. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because the Canucks are going to need bottom six depth very soon. He seems to willing to get his nose dirty and appears to have more grit than Virtanen demonstrates.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:16 pm I did some Googling and YouTubing of Kole Lind to see that the goals he scored in junior he wouldn't be able to score in the NHL because the goaltending is that much better in the NHL. Also, he was on the PP a lot in Kelowna which he wouldn't get if he made the Canucks. His skating coach says he is a good skater but then says, "At this level they're all good skaters." So he's not speed demon. Looking at his stats in Utica, I'd say he's trending towards a Jannik Hansen without the speed type maximum potential. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because the Canucks are going to need bottom six depth very soon. He seems to willing to get his nose dirty and appears to have more grit than Virtanen demonstrates.
He doesn't have close to Hansen's speed or his tenaciousness; he just isn't as tough as Hansen was. Average AHL skater, middle of the pack. Lind has work to do to get to Hansen's level and a year to do it before he requires waivers. In some ways I think Gadjovich is the better long shot bet. Shitty skater, but he plays with real snarl and has legitimate toughness.
Gadj also has a heavy shot when he gets it away. And he has an extra year of waiver exemption despite being born the same week as Lind and likewise entering his third pro season.

I hope they both make it, and I hate to be too negative about the kids.
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:10 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 pm That’s the most PC description of armpit farts I ever heard.
It's a family forum MCP. I have forgotten that myself a time or two, but thankfully not this time.

Speaking of hockey's culture carriers, here's a couple of photos of the grain elevators of Kole Lind's hometown of Shaunavon.

Kole hales from a two elevator town.

Jimmy was pretty impressed by the sight of the 'C' elevator when he drove out to meet Kole and his folks. Drafting Kole was a foregone conclusion.

Wow! :wow:

Having spent a year in Iowa, I realize just how impressive that is.... :thumbs:
Lol. Per, those at the LITTLE ones!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

GO DUDE GO!!!
I have to agree, the Chef would be serving up lean extra ground Desjardins burgers on the East Vancouver sidewalk that day. That's a bad matchup for Willy D.
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:32 pm

GO DUDE GO!!!
I have to agree, the Chef would be serving up lean extra ground Desjardins burgers on the East Vancouver sidewalk that day. That's a bad matchup for Willy D.
Oh what a fantasy world we live in.....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Willie would fuck up Dude...royally

He wields that clipboard like a battle shield. Chef will be flailing away with his mudding knife while Willie headfakes, blocks the blow then counterstrikes with a clipboard end to the nuts followed by a stache butt to the dome.

Willie struts away in his track suit, dusting his hands off...clipboard under arm.

Chef will be picking embedded stache hair out of his ever expanding forehead for weeks, luckily the bag was well padded by his lycra cycling shorts
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 pm Willie would fuck up Dude...royally

He wields that clipboard like a battle shield. Chef will be flailing away with his mudding knife while Willie headfakes, blocks the blow then counterstrikes with a clipboard end to the nuts followed by a stache butt to the dome.

Willie struts away in his track suit, dusting his hands off...clipboard under arm.

Chef will be picking embedded stache hair out of his ever expanding forehead for weeks, luckily the bag was well padded by his lycra cycling shorts
Willie D better have his track suit on because he's going to need to stay on his bicycle to avoid the Chef's piston-like right hand penetrating that porous southpaw stance at will. That track suit is going be stained crimson at the end of this beatdown. I'm afraid Willie limps home with the clipboard shoved up his ass after the showdown at Hastings and Heatley.
el rey del mambo
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Would the battle between the Chef and Clipboard Willie at Hastings and Heatley be - dare I say it - epic?