Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Per wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm Ingram has been sent back to Nashville.

He will attend their camp, but I’m not betting on him making the cut..... :look:
Turns out something is eating young Mr Ingram...
Goaltender Connor Ingram has voluntarily entered the NHL/NHLPA's player assistance program.

There will be no further comment from either side and it appears that Ingram may not play this season. He played with Bjorkloven of Sweden's HockeyAllsvenskan this season, going 5-4 with a 2.51 GAA and a .898 save percentage. He was drafted in the third round in 2016 by Tampa Bay. We wish him the best of luck

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/pl ... ons#page=4
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:55 pm
Per wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm Ingram has been sent back to Nashville.

He will attend their camp, but I’m not betting on him making the cut..... :look:
Turns out something is eating young Mr Ingram...
Goaltender Connor Ingram has voluntarily entered the NHL/NHLPA's player assistance program.

There will be no further comment from either side and it appears that Ingram may not play this season. He played with Bjorkloven of Sweden's HockeyAllsvenskan this season, going 5-4 with a 2.51 GAA and a .898 save percentage. He was drafted in the third round in 2016 by Tampa Bay. We wish him the best of luck

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/pl ... ons#page=4
Yeah, something was really off with him.

He did post one shutout, and was good one on one, like breakaways and penalty shots, but other than that his play was abysmally poor, which was unexpected from a guy on the verge of breaking into the NHL.

So some kind of drugs or psychological problem it seems. Makes sense.
Maybe that was why Nashville wanted to give him a change of setting in the first place...? :hmmm:

Either way, I wish him well. Hope he gets better.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hey, Per... I see that Emil Pettersson, older brother to Elias (27), is having a hell of a year. Guess Nashville owns his NHL rights but would it be something our team could look at without too much risk?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:13 am Hey, Per... I see that Emil Pettersson, older brother to Elias (27), is having a hell of a year. Guess Nashville owns his NHL rights but would it be something our team could look at without too much risk?
He goes UFA after this season so he very well may look at YVR
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:29 am
Micky wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:13 am Hey, Per... I see that Emil Pettersson, older brother to Elias (27), is having a hell of a year. Guess Nashville owns his NHL rights but would it be something our team could look at without too much risk?
He goes UFA after this season so he very well may look at YVR
Absolutely, he is having a fantastic season. With 46 points (22+24) in 43 games he is leading the SHL in scoring, and his 22 goals has him tied for first place in goal scoring as well. He shoots more than any other player, 153 SOG so far, and he is registered for 6 GWGs, which is also best in the league.

I've mentioned earlier that he has been playing with the national team a bit this season, and there he has two goals and one assist in five games. Being the best scorer in the league he might make the cut for the world championship team, but that depends a bit on how many NHLers will be available.

I've suggested before that Vancouver should take a look at him, but then received the answer that he still belongs to the predators. If he turns UFA this summer I definitely think he at the very least deserves a try-out invitation to camp. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get to hang with his brother!

And even more so if he can make the team... 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Read an article today where his agent says that several NHL teams are interested.
All things equal I assume Emil would prefer to play for the Canucks though.

Here is a little summary of what he has been up to this winter:

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

.....Image
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:47 pm .....Image
Why do we want a player who is 27 and has never broken into the NHL?

You understand that if they are that old and not playing here it’s because of 2 things:

A) they are not good enough.

B) they don’t want to be here.

Gomer, your crayons are calling you.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:54 pm

You understand that if they are that old and not playing here it’s because of 2 things:

Gomer, your crayons are calling you.
Take him over Jake right now, Mr Lonely. Take "Your" crayons and shove em, hom
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Exactly what I was thinking, had 3 years in the AHL and he never made it to the NHL.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Exactly what I was thinking, had 3 years in the AHL and he never made it to the NHL.
... and yet Gomer is trying to defend his position of taking him over a player that scored 15+ goals last year.

A player, only 20 regular season games ago, he was raving about giving an opportunity to play on the 1st line!

Sure glad he ain’t in charge.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

... and yet Gomer is trying to defend his position of taking him over a player that scored 15+ goals last year.

A player, only 20 regular season games ago, he was raving about giving an opportunity to play on the 1st line!

Give it up MCP... the make him an offer gif was in tongue and cheek more then anything, though he is having a career year. Be a cool story. :hmmm:

Why on Gawd's green earth are you defending the biggest enigma on this team? JV is a problem with his inconsistency and attitude.

I don't want to speak out of turn so instead, I'll just ask the question. Do you or anyone think Jake is liked and respected by his team-mates?
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm Do(es) anyone think Jake is liked and respected by his team-mates?
I had high hopes for him after he spent the "summer" training with Meyers. Now I find out they were just watching Shoresy's highlights on LetterKenny, and jerking it to Mighty Ducks 2.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Give it up MCP... the make him an offer gif was in tongue and cheek more then anything, though he is having a career year. Be a cool story. :hmmm:

Why on Gawd's green earth are you defending the biggest enigma on this team? JV is a problem with his inconsistency and attitude.

I don't want to speak out of turn so instead, I'll just ask the question. Do you or anyone think Jake is liked and respected by his team-mates?
First off, you were in no way, shape, or form posting a joke about replacing Jake with a guy who couldn’t stick in the AHL. You are simply moving your message goalposts to avoid looking like an idiot.

Second, I am not defending Jake. He needs to play better. I think he is one of many players in the league having trouble adjusting from a high roller on the road to being quarantined in every city your in.

Third, the only people who have speculated that Jake is not liked and respected by his teammates is the media, and the people who lap that shirt up like kittens drinking milk. Sure, Him and Bo had words one practice but that’s just good leadership from Bo, it doesn’t represent any long lasting feud. The media blew his pre COVID beers with the boys out of proportion, and they followed up their created narrative with escalation the words at practice.. we had a scrap on the team in training camp this year, and that’s never mentioned anymore- simply because Jake wasn’t involved. If he had bee, it would be leading the media sharks like the chum guzzlers they are.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Spaeking of chum guzzlers...where's SkYO these days?
If you need air...call it in