Past Canuck Players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
MVP
MVP

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by donlever »

Yeah...I never had any particular affinity for Luongo.

He played some stellar hockey during a variety of occasions especially when he first arrived (that last OT game versus Anaheim for instance - the one where he actually shit his pants instead of the bed) but it quickly became clear his mind was fzr to warped to maintain an elite level consistency or step his game up when it mattered most.

Truly unfortunate.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:54 am Yeah...I never had any particular affinity for Luongo.

He played some stellar hockey during a variety of occasions especially when he first arrived (that last OT game versus Anaheim for instance - the one where he actually shit his pants instead of the bed) but it quickly became clear his mind was fzr to warped to maintain an elite level consistency or step his game up when it mattered most.

Truly unfortunate.
He always came across as weak minded and was appalled by opponents laughing at his fragility.

Turco got in his noggin pretty good and after that point it became strategy for the opposition. Byfugly loading his dumpster onto Luongo's chest was another example
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Luongo was whipped. My family, my family. Or was it really all a ploy to garner more of the green. If Wifey was that tough, one would think she would have had a problem with the urge to gamble he had. Nope.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:33 am Luongo was whipped. My family, my family. Or was it really all a ploy to garner more of the green. If Wifey was that tough, one would think she would have had a problem with the urge to gamble he had. Nope.
Seems like wifey just didn't want him 4000 kilometers away doing God knows what with God knows whom in his free time.

Tough wives don't let their filthy rich husbands enter poker tournaments Mick? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:15 pm Seems like wifey just didn't want him 4000 kilometers away doing God knows what with God knows whom in his free time.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Exactly.
____
Try to focus on someday.