Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by ESQ »

I respect all your dude's opinions. You may be right that Schmidt > Myers - if Myers gets attached to Loui at the expansion draft, I won't be super upset.

And I fully admit Strawbs watches waaaay more hockey than I do!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d love to Tyler Myers get selected by Seattle. But there’s that whole thing about Ron Francis not being an idiot that likely makes it impossible.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:56 pm I like that it never seems to be Schmidt that gets pinned in his own zone for extended periods of time.. that’s Usually Myers with a forward group consisting of Sutter....
No doubt eh. With the Beag still under contract for another year thankfully Benning wont be able to extend zero assist Brandon and will be forced to promote from within.
The problem with Myers is if he isn't able to keep moving with the puck on his stick, he becomes a real liability.

He's like a giraffe that can't reach the food that has fallen to the ground. He can't react quickly enough when the puck is close to his feet and is prone to getting stripped by forecheckers.

His stick is too long and his legs too slow and not agile enough... that gets the entire unit into trouble in the D zone, especially if he's on with bottom 6 guys.
Good analogy Carl :D Nailed it
With the points Carl made & his habit of taking dumb untimely penalties Myers is bottom pairing, and at his price it would be best if the Canucks could
move him and replace with someone cheaper/better (Hamonic?)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:54 am I’d love to Tyler Myers get selected by Seattle. But there’s that whole thing about Ron Francis not being an idiot that likely makes it impossible.
He has a bit of a history of making questionable moves regarding backup goaltending(darling, Lack)..maybe see him snagging holtby?

Other than that he makes moves with an eye way down the road so youth likely will be where he looks to pilfer

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/be ... canes-gm/
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:06 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:56 pm I like that it never seems to be Schmidt that gets pinned in his own zone for extended periods of time.. that’s Usually Myers with a forward group consisting of Sutter....
No doubt eh. With the Beag still under contract for another year thankfully Benning wont be able to extend zero assist Brandon and will be forced to promote from within.
The problem with Myers is if he isn't able to keep moving with the puck on his stick, he becomes a real liability.

He's like a giraffe that can't reach the food that has fallen to the ground. He can't react quickly enough when the puck is close to his feet and is prone to getting stripped by forecheckers.

His stick is too long and his legs too slow and not agile enough... that gets the entire unit into trouble in the D zone, especially if he's on with bottom 6 guys.
Good analogy Carl :D Nailed it
With the points Carl made & his habit of taking dumb untimely penalties Myers is bottom pairing, and at his price it would be best if the Canucks could
move him and replace with someone cheaper/better (Hamonic?)
And yet Nolan Baumgartner plays the hell out of the guy. I don’t hate Myers. He brings a bit of physical play, he has a bomb for a shot, can kill penalties not too badly and can pass the puck. But there’s a reason why he doesn’t play a ton against the other teams top players and didn’t do so in Winnipeg. He is prone to getting burned wide and gives up some ghastly turnovers in his own end. He seems like a good team guy which also carries some weight.

He is a lot better than Erik Gudbranson though, a player many people made excuses for year after year. It’s not a surprise Gudbranson is on his fifth team in two years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Right now Myers is sitting in the 5 slot...right about where he belongs. Too bad he eats 6 mill
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 am Right now Myers is sitting in the 5 slot...right about where he belongs. Too bad he eats 6 mill
I think he’s the teams 4th best D man and maybe 3rd because I think Edler has fallen off a cliff. The problem with Myers is he isn’t a shutdown guy, and he can’t seem to gel with either Hughes or Elder. It’s a bit of a Frankenstein crew back there that Elmer has assembled. He badly needs to have a kid break through or he’s going to have to dip into UFA or the trade market.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m looking forward to the twin towers - Tryamkin and Myers! Big D-men with wheels and wingspan.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks are 3-1 with a Frankenstein crew on D since returning cold from Covid out of game shape and no Petey

#GreenPraisesJuolevi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:11 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:54 am I’d love to Tyler Myers get selected by Seattle. But there’s that whole thing about Ron Francis not being an idiot that likely makes it impossible.
He has a bit of a history of making questionable moves regarding backup goaltending(darling, Lack)..maybe see him snagging holtby?

Other than that he makes moves with an eye way down the road so youth likely will be where he looks to pilfer

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/be ... canes-gm/
If Holtby can keep up his play and have a strong finish to the season, he very well could get selected.

Seattle lucked out getting a guy like Francis to run their team.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Depending on how Ronnie iiis assembling the team, they will be taking one of Holtby, Virtanen or Myers.

They might take Meyers if they want a 2-3 defenceman. Myers has been looking way better the last 10 games or so and Ronnie might be looking for leadership and character n

Holtby if He keeps playing well is an option for not trying to get a 6 million dollar guy in FA

Or Virtanen if they are trying to do it like Vegas and load up with 14 second line guys... Jake has looked pretty good in the bottom 6 since he has been back. It’s like he has takes the pressure off himself.

And I am ok with any of them leaving.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection, he won't be available to Seattle...
This is good news. The kid has improved steadily over the last two years. I wonder why Lind has to be protected when they are basically the same age and drafted in the same year. Is it something to do with when they signed their contracts? Too lazy to look it up.
Yeah that's what it is. I don't have the rule at my fingertips but basically the Canucks were able to 'slide' a year of Gadjovich's entry level contract because of when it was signed. This buy's Gadj another year of AHL development without exposing him on waivers. Lind being drafted as high as he was probably wanted to get through his entry level contract as fast as possible so he could start making the big bucks. I guess players with late birthdates can manipulate this whichever way they think is advantageous.
Yeah, the difference between Gadjovich and Lind is that Lind is on the 3rd year of his ELC and Gad is on his 2nd.

Every once in awhile a player with 3 NA seasons is exempt in an X-Draft (it happened with Hagg in the Vegas draft).

I just checked and pretty much everywhere Gadjovich is listed as non-exempt. They're all wrong IMESHO (Ever So).

EDIT: Yeahno, they're right, Gad does require protection.
That's what I'm hearing most recently too Doc.

But actually, not a big deal either way I don't suppose.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle, you’re obsessed with making Myers out to be a bum. I got news for you, he’s not.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Rathbone, Lockwood and a fourth (no expansion protection required) for Copp and Stanley (both are RFAs requiring expansion protection and likely to be exposed and one lost).

I came up with the trade, someone else can figure out how to fit them under the cap. :D
Stanley is a LD so you wouldn’t resign Edler unless Seattle took Juolevi.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 am
Doyle, you’re obsessed with making Myers out to be a bum. I got news for you, he’s not.
Hes a depth defenseman making top 4 cake. Its not about him being a bum so much as 6 mill is about 3 mill too much for what he brings