Tryamkin's Victims

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Tryamkin's Victims

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Groot has been pounding guys all year. I know its not politically correct to hope the other team gets injuries (unless your playing Calgary - then its OK), but considering our team is called 'soft and shrimpy' having a hammer on defence is a good thing to have other teams keep their heads up. Treenoble might not be a big scrapper, but the guy just plays heavy.

He injured Benn and Richardson this season.. did he not injure someone else at the beginning of the year?? I honestly cant remember..

either way.. has anyone else caused more 'man games lost' on our team? (Not including Stetcher)
is anyone keeping score of who causes more man games lost? (Hanzel used to be an injury causing machine as well)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Tryamkins Victims

Post by rats19 »

I think tryamkin is actually playing soft at the moment. I believe as we get better he will lose the fear of putting us short handed and gain confidence in himself and be a complete brute.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

rats19 wrote:I think tryamkin is actually playing soft at the moment. I believe as we get better he will lose the fear of putting us short handed and gain confidence in himself and be a complete brute.
Groot played a couple soft games after he crushed Richardson as well... its like he feels sorry about hurting people.. then he gets over it..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like Nikita. The physicality will come. Dorset or Gudbranson gotta give him a few pointers with the gloves off though. If he ever dropped them with a guy like Chara or Lucic he'd get murdered.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote:I think tryamkin is actually playing soft at the moment. I believe as we get better he will lose the fear of putting us short handed and gain confidence in himself and be a complete brute.
Your right, that is what he's afraid of.
He knows the refs are on him real quick. In reality, at this point, they may be helping him become a better scrapper. He has to know the correct, (LOL), way to do it. About 3 times now, I've heard the refs yelling at him to let the guy's head go. He just towers over them so much it would be too easy to punch down and that would be bad.

Off season scrap training? Hey; others have done that..
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I like Nikita. The physicality will come. Dorset or Gudbranson gotta give him a few pointers with the gloves off though. If he ever dropped them with a guy like Chara or Lucic he'd get murdered.
Yup, he just needs a couple years of getting some man muscle, when that happens at age 24-25 fuckbro TRAMZ is gonna be a scary beast ala Chara.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Tryamkin's Victims

Post by Cornuck »

The best part? He's played ONLY 72 NHL GAMES!

This kid is still a rookie and finding his place in a new league, new town and learning a new language - by far a huge bright spot for this team, and can only get better.

I'd consider him untouchable as far as trades go, he's got far too much potential.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:The best part? He's played ONLY 72 NHL GAMES!

This kid is still a rookie and finding his place in a new league, new town and learning a new language - by far a huge bright spot for this team, and can only get better.

I'd consider him untouchable as far as trades go, he's got far too much potential.
It seems we are all in agreement here corn.... which in itself seems miraculous :wow:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: is anyone keeping score of who causes more man games lost? (Hanzel used to be an injury causing machine as well)
I don't think he'll ever top Edler, who's slapper broke Salo's orbital bone and ruptured his nut.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:The best part? He's played ONLY 72 NHL GAMES!

It seems we are all in agreement here corn.... which in itself seems miraculous :wow:
"We are all Canucks" (on this one thread... so far)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote: is anyone keeping score of who causes more man games lost? (Hanzel used to be an injury causing machine as well)
I don't think he'll ever top Edler, who's slapper broke Salo's orbital bone and ruptured his nut.
Bustin nuts is like my favorite color man
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I agree, he's learning to use his physicality more and it will come. Mostly he seems willing to drop em, well one glove anyway, in defence of a teammate. Although the Benn fight was all about Benn pushing back. He doesn't have to be a puncher to survive in the league. Like Chara he just has to show he can kill you with a punch. Unlike Chara, who I loved in his prime, Trymakin has real bang power on his hits. I swear he looks like he's giving love taps and then someone goes flying into the boards. That's the meanness I want him to develop, be a punishing checker.

The other thing I notice more each game is his leadership. He's talking to his teammates more, directing traffic and always comes to the aid of a fallen comrade. He'll even push them off the ice! The guy oozes character.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote:
Edler ruptured Salo's nut? I thought he took a slapper from an opposing player.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:
ESQ wrote:
Edler ruptured Salo's nut? I thought he took a slapper from an opposing player.
Correct:

Followed by:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

and now another #6
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.