Tryamkin's Victims

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Tryamkins Victims

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:37 pm
If I ever do somehow end up with gout I'm going to blame you three gomers lol...
:lol:

My Three Sons Gomers
The Three Locos

____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Tryamkin's Victims

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, this shit season just keeps getting shittier. Last season, lots of things went right for us; this season almost the complete opposite, nothing seems to be going our way. We had a grueling schedule to start, Petey injured right around the playoff push, team decimated by Covid, the Hockey Gaud traded, Virts suspended for who knows how long and likely done here, Holtby with a tough start (only recently looking like the guy we thought we were getting) and now the Tryamkinsaurus looks done here. Nikita was the one guy I was looking forward to getting back to get pumped for next season.

I'm hearing different things about the Tryamkin contract breakdown. The Tryamkin camp said the Nucks couldn't offer them the minimum amount to make it worthwhile for him to return here and they couldn't afford to wait around; JB said he was willing to give into the contract demands, but seemed like Nikita just wanted to stay in Russia. The 2 sides are saying different things, but might have to side with JB on this one. JB has his faults, but he is a straight shooter and almost brutally honest most of the time. I remember he got fined one time because he made an honest statement regarding what he thought about another team's player. It's because of JB's honesty and frankness that his critics don't think he's a very good poker player when negotiating trades or contracts. The Elmer moniker does fit him well. Also, as the Chef pointed out, If Tryamkin really intended to come back to the NHL, he would have only signed a 1 year deal in Russia and become a UFA for the NHL in 2 seasons. I was really looking forward to getting Nikita back to bolster our D core and watching him destroy the opposition again. A Tryamkin-Myers pairing would have been freaking monstrous, but guess it just wasn't meant to be. Yeah, add us as one of the victims to the Tryamkinsaurus. :(

Things look bleak for us right now. I guess the only thing which might makes things better is if we win the lottery and JB picks up the next Pronger or Lidstrom in the entry draft. :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Like the Dude said, if Tryamkin had any intention of ever coming to NA, he would have signed a one-year deal in the K.

(after which he'd be a UFA)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:57 pm Like the Dude said, if Tryamkin had any intension of ever coming to NA, he would have signed a one-year deal in the K.

Good point. Hes the russian version of hillbilly Bryan Reaves
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:57 pm Like the Dude said, if Tryamkin had any intension of ever coming to NA, he would have signed a one-year deal in the K.

Don't you mean Sam Reaves?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:10 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Don't you mean Sam Reaves?
Sean
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/timelin ... kAktfinuLM

For anyone who cares, nice timeline about Tryamkin's history/timeline as a Canuck.

I've been thinking and just reading between the lines. I think Tree was interested in returning here, but having a newborn now complicates things. He wanted to hear what the Nucks had to offer, but prob got cold feet and decided to play it safe and just stay in Russia. I'm sure him and his wife want their child to spend his/her early years in the motherland and having family/friends around for support is important to a young family. If he came here, it'd be tuff for them. It'd be tuff moving a young family here (different language, foreign culture, etc) and they would hardly know anyone. They were still getting acclimatized to Van-city when they were here and prob never 100% comfortable.

I would have luved to have him back, but I have no hard feelings. Who knows, it's a long shot, but maybe in a couple of years if he wants to return to the NHL as a UFA, he'll give the Nucks serious consideration to sign here once again. Hopefully, JB, mgmt, the few teammates left, fans and the city left a good impression on him and he'll be open to be a Canuck once more. Hopefully the Podz becomes a stud and becomes a Russian comrade to Tree and Petey/Huggy keeps trending upwards and he'll want to be a part of this. :P
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I guess I just look at it different. Tree had no intentions of seriously coming back unless he had guaranteed top 4 ice time and more money than he deserved, so fans, manage to and owners got played by his agent who got him the most cash he could in Russia.

Still no hard feelings as I have never thought he earned a top 4 spot here.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.