Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t think they’d be able to fit him in under the cap this season even if he does decide he wanted to come back. It is amusing the hate Stecher gets though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm. It is amusing the hate Stecher gets though.
Thats just the way she goes when they suck Gravy
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:14 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm. It is amusing the hate Stecher gets though.
He’s the team’s sixth D man. I’d be more concerned that the bottom two lines can’t sustain ANY pressure in the other teams end. Lines 3 and 4 are getting murdered out there so far.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 pm
He’s the team’s sixth D man. I’d be more concerned that the bottom two lines can’t sustain ANY pressure in the other teams end. Lines 3 and 4 are getting murdered out there so far.
This is the best Jake has looked in vancouver. Hes assertive and snarly.

Not sure whats up with Ferkland...still hasnt been much of a factor.

Gaudette I've liked but coach is parking him next game

Sutter Beagle and Schaller have been mediocre i will agree
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Has nothing to do with hate. They want Nikita back and there is some hearsay as this is an option that management might be looking at. A healthy Tanev is obviously a greater asset than Stecher, but if this team is starting to contend for playoffs, extending Tanev like they did with Edler makes sense.

If it's down to having the 6'7" Russian and one of Tanev and Stecher, I'm buying Trojan a Compass card to get to the airport himself.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 pm
Has nothing to do with hate. They want Nikita back and there is some hearsay as this is an option that management might be looking at. A healthy Tanev is obviously a greater asset than Stecher, but if this team is starting to contend for playoffs, extending Tanev like they did with Edler makes sense.

If it's down to having the 6'7" Russian and one of Tanev and Stecher, I'm buying Trojan a Compass card to get to the airport himself.
Tryamkin is probably a better player than Stecher but he will want some pretty good jack to even think about coming back. And he also didn’t like his ice time last time. So he’s gonna like being on the third pair again? And if they are in a race they aren’t trading Tanev. And alas where is the cap room coming from this season?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Not getting #88 will probably be enough to put him off.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Who knows man? I'm just reading all this stuff that Tryamkin is interested in coming back and the two sides are talking.

It's obviously for next season and it would be crazy for management not to start thinking about how they would do this. Yeah, they're not moving Tanev if they're contending for the wildcard. I have no idea if he's matured, if he's willing to play behind Myers and Tanev, who needs to move to gain cap, etc.

If it can be done, I'm all for it because that D with Tryamkin (minus a current Dman) would be pretty amazing.
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm Not getting #88 will probably be enough to put him off.
That would be the stupidest deal-breaker ever :lol:

Maybe the move Tanev, give #8 to Gaudette (his college number) and hand #88 to the big baby.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hank wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm Who knows man? I'm just reading all this stuff that Tryamkin is interested in coming back and the two sides are talking.

It's obviously for next season and it would be crazy for management not to start thinking about how they would do this. Yeah, they're not moving Tanev if they're contending for the wildcard. I have no idea if he's matured, if he's willing to play behind Myers and Tanev, who needs to move to gain cap, etc.

If it can be done, I'm all for it because that D with Tryamkin (minus a current Dman) would be pretty amazing.
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm Not getting #88 will probably be enough to put him off.
That would be the stupidest deal-breaker ever :lol:

Maybe the move Tanev, give #8 to Gaudette (his college number) and hand #88 to the big baby.
People are over rating Tryamkin, he was healthy scratched last season in the K.
If he really wants to return,great! But i doubt Jimbro will give him a 1-way contract.
He's going to have to make the team on merit this time.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jimbro has some good D-men waiting in the wings in Juolevi, Tryamkin and Woo. All 3 will be pushing for jobs next season. Juolevi this season, Tryamkin next season. Woo may need cooking in the A. I’m timing his arrival with Podkozlin.

Madden was close to leaving college this summer, Canucks will sign Lockwood next summer. Hoglander will arrive next training camp

Benning - Genius!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 pm
He should bump stretcher out of the lineup. Thats a much stronger looking 6 dmen i have to say
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm It is amusing the hate Stecher gets though.
Hyperbole-much? I'm not really seeing the hate.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 pm
He should bump stretcher out of the lineup. Thats a much stronger looking 6 dmen i have to say
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm It is amusing the hate Stecher gets though.
Hyperbole-much? I'm not really seeing the hate.
He takes a pretty good beating in the GDT’s. I don’t plan to look it up and post a bunch of quotes. Then again there was a poster in the GDT saying that Baertschi scored at a 60 point pace..... not sure if that was hyperbole or just piss poor math. :lol:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 pm He should bump stretcher out of the lineup. Thats a much stronger looking 6 dmen i have to say
I'd much prefer Tryamkin over Stech going into the playoffs. A bottom pairing of Benn-Tryamkin would be great. They can throw their weight around and be tuff to play against.

Hank wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 pm TBH, I would extend Tanev (if he can prove he can stay healthy) and look to trade Stecher. Can Tree play for us this season as soon as he's finished the KHL? Now, that would be a monster of a 6-man D-corp.
If we extend Tan-man, I think he would have to take a paycut and sign short-term like Edler. I think we'll be lucky to get 60 games out of him, but maybe playing with Hughes is the tonic he needs for a healthy season. Maybe when Hughes is on the ice, we'll have much better possession time, so we're not defending the whole time and Tanev is not taking hits and blocking shots all nite.

The free agent crop seems to be getting better and cheaper every year though. I'd have a long hard look at who might be available b4 extending Tanev. I won't mind looking at another guy who is a right-shot D who may be not as good, but is more durable, younger, cheaper with some upside.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nothing is happening till we make more cap space. It's so tight, nobodies getting in. :wow:
I'm done listening or taking seriously any Triampkin talk till he's actually skating in a Canuck training camp.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 pm Then again there was a poster in the GDT saying that Baertschi scored at a 60 point pace..... not sure if that was hyperbole or just piss poor math. :lol:
....ya ya ya.