Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 am Just imagine if this Rathbone kid is ready....hes a Quinn Hughes type of mobile dman.

Stranger things have happened
Schmidt, Rathbone and Hughes will give us the fastest Defence in the world!!!
The game has dramatically changed in the past 5 years. It was inconceivable to have these fast, small dmen dominating while net clearing dmen get slowly flushed out of the league. Same goes for goons.

I really enjoy the changes but definitely miss the punch ups and battles sometimes. Overall its a good thing though considering the concussions that came along with the goonery
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:19 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 am Just imagine if this Rathbone kid is ready....hes a Quinn Hughes type of mobile dman.

Stranger things have happened
Schmidt, Rathbone and Hughes will give us the fastest Defence in the world!!!
The game has dramatically changed in the past 5 years. It was inconceivable to have these fast, small dmen dominating while net clearing dmen get slowly flushed out of the league. Same goes for goons.

I really enjoy the changes but definitely miss the punch ups and battles sometimes. Overall its a good thing though considering the concussions that came along with the goonery
Yes! The days of your Ryan Stanton, Aaron Rome, Andrew Alberts, Travis Hamonic etc are gone with the Dodo birds. Benning is way ahead of the curve, it’s what you want in a GM!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We have an almost cheetah like team now. Few exceptions on the bottom six and 3rd pairing but they are going away soon..Awesome ..
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The future top 2 lines

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Podkolzin

Or

Hoglander Pettersson Podkolzin (the kid line)
Miller Horvat Boeser
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The future D

Myers Hughes
Schmidt Juolevi
Tryamkin Rathbone

Woo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:08 am The future top 2 lines

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Podkolzin

Or

Hoglander Pettersson Podkolzin (the kid line)
Miller Horvat Boeser
The former. A powerhouse top line followed by Horvat with Pod doing the heavy lifting with baby Bure Hoglander slicing across the slot dangling and shit...harlem globetrotting on ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:10 am The future D

Myers Hughes
Schmidt Juolevi
Tryamkin Rathbone

Woo
Woo has been falling like a rock since draft day...strange. He sure seemed like he was going to be a decent player
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:22 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:10 am The future D

Myers Hughes
Schmidt Juolevi
Tryamkin Rathbone

Woo
Woo has been falling like a rock since draft day...strange. He sure seemed like he was going to be a decent player
Just relax, Doyle. Why don’t you go make love to terrible skates - Vilardi/Fagemo, Tyler “5’-11” 150 lbs” Madden and Akil “clothing line” Thomas like Doyle does.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

An article written on Jett Woo a month ago. BW again not getting his facts straight, instead he just relies on Doyle’s Fake News.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/11/13/vanc ... ill-track/
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:35 am An article written on Jett Woo a month ago. BW again not getting his facts straight, instead he just relies on Doyle’s Fake News.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/11/13/vanc ... ill-track/
Are there any canucks assets that you dont think are destined for the hall of fame?
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:55 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:12 am When the Hog, the Pod and the Tree arrive look the fuck out
I agree and when you add in a Rathbone, things get real interesting. If Juolevi can make it, and once they add Pod, that will mean every Benning era 1st rounder with the exception of McCann will be in the Canucks lineup.
Benning has done a fantastic job building the next Canuck Dynasty starting from an absolute bare cupboard shitshow. He will go down as one of the teams greatest GM’s.
With Hughes and Pettersson so young, and given the caliber of some of the players here and on the way, it appears we're about to enter a phase in the team's history like we've never seen before. It was later in the Sedin's career when they were legit contenders, the Bure era was so short, and the WCE were pretenders so this is entirely different with what could be two of the top three players in franchise history being in their very early 20's and surrounded by quality talent and the window swinging wide open. Pretty exciting.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:12 am When the Hog, the Pod and the Tree arrive look the fuck out
I agree and when you add in a Rathbone, things get real interesting. If Juolevi can make it, and once they add Pod, that will mean every Benning era 1st rounder with the exception of McCann will be in the Canucks lineup.
Benning has done a fantastic job building the next Canuck Dynasty starting from an absolute bare cupboard shitshow. He will go down as one of the teams greatest GM’s.
With Hughes and Pettersson so young, and given the caliber of some of the players here and on the way, it appears we're about to enter a phase in the team's history like we've never seen before. It was later in the Sedin's career when they were legit contenders, the Bure era was so short, and the WCE were pretenders so this is entirely different with what could be two of the top three players in franchise history being in their very early 20's and surrounded by quality talent and the window swinging wide open. Pretty exciting.
It’s very exciting... so looking forward to next phase of our fandom
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:40 pm
We’re on our way to tampa like success
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hoglander 25 pims in his last game in the SHL before heading to Vancouver.

Good write up about his asshole potential:

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2020/12 ... me?src=rss

If there is anything to this Marchant comparison, should be good. The Canucks own little ball of hate? :thumbs:
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:43 pm Hoglander 25 pims in his last game in the SHL before heading to Vancouver.

Good write up about his asshole potential:

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2020/12 ... me?src=rss

If there is anything to this Marchant comparison, should be good. The Canucks own little ball of hate? :thumbs:
Great season already! What an insightful pick. Kid will be a fan fave for sure. At first I thought, ya,ya; kid with a couple slick moves, ha; try that in the NHL. But nope! Truly looks legit now. Better bring out that picture yet another time, Mega...
"evolution"