Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:00 pm What happened to Doyle anyway?
He lost his shit.

I was trying to help him, but to no avail. :(

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 57#p424757
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It looks like the Pod has been drafted to the ruskie national team and therefor wont be released early by SKA to get into a few games in the NHL.

Too bad but really there is only chaos in canuckland right now so getting into high tempo games is probably best for his development anyway.

Next year the canucks should be a much better team
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:33 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm I do not see Pearson being worth $3.5 in his final year of the contract.
Good thing his cap hit is only $3.25M then. :wink:

Why would the last year be any different, he's only be 31 when the contract expires.

He'll be an average NHLer making an average NHL wage, sure it's a very meh signing, but it's not horrid.
There’s this idea floating around that he’s replacement level and should be paid as such. Reality is consistent 40 point guys cost some money. Much rather have tanner at 3.25 for 3 years over toffoli for 4.25.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm I do not see Pearson being worth $3.5 in his final year of the contract.

Why would the last year be any different, he's only be 31 when the contract expires.

He'll be an average NHLer making an average NHL wage, sure it's a very meh signing, but it's not horrid.
There’s this idea floating around that he’s replacement level and should be paid as such. Reality is consistent 40 point guys cost some money. Much rather have tanner at 3.25 for 3 years over toffoli for 4.25.
If he was consistent nobody would bat an eye. Hes streaky as fuck and lately his streaks consist of stripes in his underoos
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 am

If he was consistent nobody would bat an eye. Hes streaky as fuck and lately his streaks consist of stripes in his underoos
Other than his injury year with Pittsburgh he’s pretty consistently put those number up. I get he’s having a down year, but so is everybody on the team not named brock or demko. They maybe could have squeezed him a little harder for his lack of stats this year and got him to 2.9-3 but that’s a risky game. Supposedly a lot of teams had interest in him at the deadline and if that’s the case he most likely would have had a lot of interest in free agency. I just don’t see the outrage being warranted for what doc has said is a meh signing. With the way gadjovich, lind, podkolzin, have all been playing recently having a third line with pearson on it will be a good thing.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:18 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 am

Other than his injury year with Pittsburgh he’s pretty consistently put those number up. I get he’s having a down year, but so is everybody on the team not named brock or demko. They maybe could have squeezed him a little harder for his lack of stats this year and got him to 2.9-3 but that’s a risky game. Supposedly a lot of teams had interest in him at the deadline and if that’s the case he most likely would have had a lot of interest in free agency. I just don’t see the outrage being warranted for what doc has said is a meh signing. With the way gadjovich, lind, podkolzin, have all been playing recently having a third line with pearson on it will be a good thing.
It isn't that bad. 2.8 and everyone would be applauding the deal. As far as I can see, 3.25 is roughly the going rate for what he brings, not just in point total but in being an example on and off the ice. If there is one particular fault,(or something that irks me), it's a lack of playing ugly, nasty hockey when the circumstance calls for it. Apparently, he's a great team-mate and that's worth something as well. If he slips down to a regular on the bottom six, it's a bit high but look whf is down there now, AND waiting in reserve!
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Optimist Prime 🏒👓🎙️ @DrTejDhaliwal
Vasily Podkolzin was selected by Russia to play in the Worlds, a fantastic indictment of his talent and leadership. More importantly for the Canucks long-term, it prevents burning a year of his ELC this season, and gives the team much needed cap flexibility for the next 3 years.
8:01 AM · Apr 15, 2021
Actually very relieved that he'll have this opportunity to play for his country. Absolutely zero reason to burn up a year of his ELC for what's remaining on this horrid, frightening season.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 am
Vasily Podkolzin was selected by Russia to play in the Worlds, a fantastic indictment of his talent and leadership. More importantly for the Canucks long-term, it prevents burning a year of his ELC this season, and gives the team much needed cap flexibility for the next 3 years.
Actually very relieved that he'll have this opportunity to play for his country. Absolutely zero reason to burn up a year of his ELC for what's remaining on this horrid, frightening season.
I agree. This is the best outcome for the Canucks. To be a true contender, we need a few top 9 guys on their ELC, and Pod and Hog might be those guys.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tciso wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:05 am
Micky wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 am
I agree. This is the best outcome for the Canucks. To be a true contender, we need a few top 9 guys on their ELC, and Pod and Hog might be those guys.
Very true - question for the CBA experts, if he had come over at the end of the year and played in the playoffs or less than 9 games, would he be treated as a NCAA signing and burn off a year of ELC, or would he be treated as as Major-Junior promotion and have to hit a GP threshold to burn a year off his ELC?

Moot point now, as he'll be on an ELC for 3 years :thumbs:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:10 pm Geez, so Gadjovich has cracked the top-10 in the AHL for goals, but has 9-13 games in hand on everyone above him :drink:
Well sure, nobody here is expecting a second coming of Tony Tanti.

For a pick that seemed to be lost and still might not ever become a regular 4th line NHL'er, being able to score at that level is still a bit promising at this point.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 am
ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:10 pm Geez, so Gadjovich has cracked the top-10 in the AHL for goals, but has 9-13 games in hand on everyone above him :drink:

For a pick that seemed to be lost and still might not ever become a regular 4th line NHL'er, being able to score at that level is still a bit promising at this point.
Wanted: consistent Third line forward who is aggressively forechecking, defensively responsible, above average skating with semi soft hands and good vision, and high compete level.

Will pay league minimum for 3 years.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Here's to that, HR guy :thumbs:

MacEwan shows many of those traits, but I can't help be disappointed by how little and inconsistently he produces at the end of each game. I'm not even talking about scoring, but bottom-6 liner intangibles. And we don't even need to mention Jake.

Motte, on the other hand, seems to be going the extra mile every game... from an eye-test perspective at least.

I hope we get to sort through these resumes and sit in on the interview process to hire the perfect third line employee.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:51 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 am

Wanted: consistent Third line forward who is aggressively forechecking, defensively responsible, above average skating with semi soft hands and good vision, and high compete level.

Will pay league minimum for 3 years.
Jannick Hansen clone
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 am It looks like the Pod has been drafted to the ruskie national team and therefor wont be released early by SKA to get into a few games in the NHL.

Too bad but really there is only chaos in canuckland right now so getting into high tempo games is probably best for his development anyway.

Been hearing that for way too long.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:57 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 am It looks like the Pod has been drafted to the ruskie national team and therefor wont be released early by SKA to get into a few games in the NHL.

Been hearing that for way too long.
Next year won’t be that big an improvement. It’s the year after that (Luongo and Loui off the books) that we compete.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.