Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tyler Madden!!

Who needs Jack Hughes.

Another later round steal by Jimbro. Is there no end in sight for Jimbro hitting it outside the lottery? Why couldn’t Gillis do this in his 6 drafts? Oh wait - smiley Ben.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 am Tyler Madden!!

Who needs Jack Hughes.

Another later round steal by Jimbro. Is there no end in sight for Jimbro hitting it outside the lottery? Why couldn’t Gillis do this in his 6 drafts? Oh wait - smiley Ben.
Good God RD can you at least lay off the crack for 24 hours, or maybe you just want to get your post count up?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reef just took a crap on the Dude’s tits
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 am

Who needs Jack Hughes.

Good God RD can you at least lay off the crack for 24 hours, or maybe you just want to get your post count up?
Reef! He's happy! Image

And why not? Madden is wicked/awesome in this tourney! That is what is called, ENCOURAGING! Great pick!
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 am

Who needs Jack Hughes.

Donny!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madden's tenacity it what separates him from the rest.

DiPietro or Demko?

I've only seen limited amounts of either, but I'm more impressed with DiPietro. Much more fluid movement, Demko always looks stiff and wooden when I've seen him play.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:14 pm Madden's tenacity it what separates him from the rest.

DiPietro or Demko?

I've only seen limited amounts of either, but I'm more impressed with DiPietro. Much more fluid movement, Demko always looks stiff and wooden when I've seen him play.
I think Demko will backup markstrom next year and then dipietro will battle for number one with him a year or 2 after that..... unless we trade one of them beforehand
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Petterson makes the all star team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:52 pm Petterson makes the all star team.
And is named rookie of the month for December.

Somehow he missed November... :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The next ones: Zach MacEwen, was slower in early career, but he worked hard in skating etc and it's showing (much to the chagrin of RD), he's having a career year.

6'3-205lbs center, 22 yrs, righty, good ol' Canadian, could be a solid bottom six NHLer.

https://twitter.com/UticaComets/status/ ... 8212292608

former GM Doug Maclean:
Canuck fans will love this kid in the near future. Big , tough, kid with great hands and skill. #pei
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 pm The next ones: Zach MacEwen, was slower in early career, but he worked hard in skating etc and it's showing (much to the chagrin of RD), he's having a career year.

6'3-205lbs center, 22 yrs, righty, good ol' Canadian, could be a solid bottom six NHLer.

former GM Doug Maclean:
Canuck fans will love this kid in the near future. Big , tough, kid with great hands and skill. #pei
Good to hear, maybe he'll be our next Kassassian. Zach "Kassassian" MacEwen. :P

I would have preferred to see them call up MacEwen over the Hockey Gaud, but I guess they felt that they needed a centre with Petey out. I'm curious to see what MacEwen can do up here and he has a bigger build to play a heavier game, a quality I think we need more of with our roster. Hopefully he'll get a chance sometime this year, if not next.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am I would have preferred to see them call up MacEwen over the Hockey Gaud, but I guess they felt that they needed a centre with Petey out. I'm curious to see what MacEwen can do up here and he has a bigger build to play a heavier game, a quality I think we need more of with our roster. Hopefully he'll get a chance sometime this year, if not next.
Yeah Gaud was on fire, need that dude to produce, he's a solid top 9 soldier.

MacEwen seems like a rock solid call up next year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:59 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am I would have preferred to see them call up MacEwen over the Hockey Gaud, but I guess they felt that they needed a centre with Petey out. I'm curious to see what MacEwen can do up here and he has a bigger build to play a heavier game, a quality I think we need more of with our roster. Hopefully he'll get a chance sometime this year, if not next.
Yeah Gaud was on fire, need that dude to produce, he's a solid top 9 soldier.

MacEwen seems like a rock solid call up next year.
Trent Cull could do with some help with on team defensive play strategies. They score enough but they allow a ton.
MacEwen's plus/minus is shitty two years in a row now and it doesn't look good on his resume.
That game with the Marlies last week really showed the warts in the style of game they are playing.
They all join the rush and they all get caught/ ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration. (and they had just lost Gaudette.
I really didn't see anyone ready foe a call-up, not a young one anyways.
In fairness, need to see more games. Without paying extra that is.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does Woo is qualify to turn pro next season or does he have to go back to junior after Canucks training camp next fall?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am Does Woo is qualify to turn pro next season or does he have to go back to junior after Canucks training camp next fall?
!9 in July. bit of a pisser. Make the Canucks or back to Jr.
:idea: If he's real close to making the team, (is trending that way), make a deal with a "really good" Finish league,(hybrid ice) team
and make an arrangement, (secret $$$) to be able to bring him to the Canucks at any point.

Rules are made to be fucked with :devil:
"evolution"