Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by rats19 »

So much good news.... winning! :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For some wonderful humour read the first few pages of the HF Tyler Madden thread where the usual suspect Benning Bashers are crying over picking Madden. Pure Gold
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We play the teams teams hard... just ask them!

I think we are about half as good as we are going to be in 3 years or so. Plan the parade because it will happen
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I am wondering if Tim Hunter was involved in the selection process for Team Canada's Junior squad?
Wondering why Woo isn't even a back-up?
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:26 pm We play the teams teams hard... just ask them!

I think we are about half as good as we are going to be in 3 years or so. Plan the parade because it will happen
I’m with ya brother, a lot of the future is here.

A top moving defender and a defensive guy is high on the needs list, with Hughes coming 1 is taken care of. Best part is Toronto will be crying because they can’t make it to the final 4.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

from vegas gdt in oct:
CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am Zack MacEwen is another guy I think who deserves a shot, he had a good preseason, big rugged dude who has having a solid AHL season so far.
can't skate for his life. Think his skating is worse than Archibald's
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:36 am SKYO still hasn't transitioned out of the Dana Murzyn/Jason Allison days of hockey where terrible skaters could still manage to eke out an NHL career

Homeboy Zack MacEwen improved his stride quite a bit from last year.
(video)
https://twitter.com/CoryHergott/status/ ... 8103376896
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I used this link because it allows full screen. It's Quinn Hughes and Tyler Madden speaking, with highlights, including QH fight. ;)
at world junior warm-up.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/iihf- ... c-64260203
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

It seems that The Canucks have drafted a lot of high character, well spoken kids. Hughes has cockiness to him I love, but at the same time he is well spoken. Love the feistiness to his game. Love how he said the opposing player was taking shots all game at his teammates and he got tired of it so he decided to drop the gloves.

Madden too impressed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Love Hughes character. Canucks are going to be loaded with strong character players at the core. Jimbro is building a winner on and off the ice. Genius. 1-2 years is here!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

At DiPietro to that list. He was speaking on 1040 a few days back... very well-spoken. He sounds more like 25 years old than 19. I was impressed.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What the fuck is Benning going to do about teams taking runs and cheap shots at EP and BB? There has to be an asset or 2 acquired to police this bullshit. The refs and the league aren't going to do fuck all so there will need to be a move or 2 made.

Am i alone here in thinking this is a developing issue?
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:28 am
Yup, i guess you missed the Tampa game
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I like how Hughes always answers the local media patiently, thoughtfully and respectfully. He never shows his displeasure (not yet, but we know he will eventually with this bunch) or gives short, terse one-word responses.

He also sounds very smart about things other than hockey and very subtlely says what people want to hear about Vancouver, the province and the team.

Yes, I think this management group's mandate is to build with both talent and character. Some guys may need extra guidance, but if you don't have it, you're gone.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:37 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:28 am
Yup, i guess you missed the Tampa game
No i saw but Tampa is widely considered to be much like us with the toughness.

I quite often watch the other teams feed and they were all stoked about standing up to us trying to push them around and fighting for each other.

Both stars have spent time out of the line up from teams taking runs and if its swept under the rug and not addressed we'll be revisiting this conversation after the fact.

With another super skilled but slight star about to join the team i think its an even greater priority than the defense.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:28 am What the fuck is Benning going to do about teams taking runs and cheap shots at EP and BB? There has to be an asset or 2 acquired to police this bullshit. The refs and the league aren't going to do fuck all so there will need to be a move or 2 made.

No, your not alone but it's probably contrary these days to bring in hired guns just to kill, crush, destroy. We have Jake, (and yes folks, he can fight),
but he doesn't want to take himself out for 5 min. I get that, he's playing damn good hockey now.
Doesn't look like Juolevi will ever be what your talking. Other than Guds, our "enforcers, Rousell, Beagle, etc., can't really rock with the best.
At least not without dirty plays.
I cannot say for sure whether Q. Hughes can do his feistiness, "do me and I'll do you", thing to the NHL level but it's looking good so far!
Brock and Elias should and hopefully will, if coached and mentored well, add some retaliatory tactics to keep the would be intimidaters
somewhat at bay, BUT:
You are freaking right about the league and the zebras. The whole thing is a complete contradiction to what they preach for public consumption.

Wanna fix it? Hey as long as he can skate and play OK, and a goon's gotta make a living too;
DUMP THE INSTIGATOR RULE ! Which is a ridiculously worded rule anyways because whoever did the initial shit is that. HELLO?
"evolution"