Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carlyee
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Carlyee »

Topper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:32 pm is anyone really worried about having to expose the lil trojan in the expansion draft?
I assumed it was a forgone conclusion.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:32 pm is anyone really worried about having to expose the lil trojan in the expansion draft?
:lol:

Exactly. Who cares lol
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:15 pm
:lol:

Exactly. Who cares lol
I’m with you cats
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:10 pmName one benefit playing Hughes 11 games instead of 10?
We dont have to worry wids. Hughes makes tiny troy obsolete and seattle can have him. He can be our welcome to the league gift :lol:

Im sure boeser and petterson would endorse the gift of the smurf
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:14 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:09 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:48 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:14 pm
At this point, you make room. The season is done. If Green and Benning are not willing to play out the rest of the season with the future in mind then I just might become a GillisBro. These two need to stop being stupid. A blatant tank with your future dominating the lineup may be in order, we ain’t winning with the vets, so why the fuck not? If I here Green go on about the little things that Eriksson does, etc I’ll lose it.
You needn't abandon your hatred of all thing Gillis in order to be skeptical, or even overtly critical, of Benning and his plans.
Then why are all you HF Canuck bro’s so quick to defend Gillis if it’s possible to be a BenningHater without being a GillisBro?

Benning inherited a team universally agreed upon, across the board, to possess the worst future outlook AND prospect pool in the NHL at the time of Jim’s hiring? Do you agree RG?
Are we still doing this? It’s been 5 years, move on - this is the longest breakup with Gillis imaginable. There are 5 players on this team that Gillis had some part in finding - Horvat (drafted), Gaudette (Gillis got the pick used to get him), Markstrom (Luongo trade), Hutton (drafted), Tanev (signed). Edler was already here. In case you were counting, that’s 3 of your 6 best players, along with Petey and Boeser, that Gillis gave to Jimbo, and arguably 5 of your best 10.

The rest of the filler on this roster is directly attributable to Jimbo and he’s been here 5 seasons, so let’s focus on that. This coming offseason will be his 6th in charge, that must be enough time to give him some credit and/or blame.
We (RG and I) are in the process of trying to define who exactly are the GillisBro’s and the BenningBro’s and that you are either one or the other, never both. What are you on about?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
lostinarink
CC Rookie

Post by lostinarink »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:59 pm
If Hughes plays more than 10 games - it’s 10, not 9, then we will most likely use one of Stecher, Hutton or Juolevi to Seattle.
Yes, Juolevi has to be protected. If Edler signs a deal with a NMC and we play Quinn more than 10 games then we have to expose two of Stecher, Juolevi and Hutton.
Based on current roster (or rights to players) I would prefer not to lose any of the following to the expansion draft:
- Edler
- Tanev
- Hutton
- Stecher
- Juolevi
- Tryamkin

I can live with losing Pouliot, Biega, Sautner, McEneny, Charfield or to a lesser degree, Schenn.

What I would want to see Canucks do is:
1) Edler gets 2 years contract then is UFA (with hope to resigned after draft), or, if he refuses, aim for a contract allowing him to be traded before 20/21 trade deadline.
2) Tanev I still see them needing - who else actually plays defense. However, he will be on the wrong side of 30 and injuries are piling up. Look for a younger top 6 winger to get back in trade.
3) Hutton/Stecher should be long term keepers - Protect
4) Juolevi - part of the future - protect
5) Tryamkin - he should be here to play in 20/21. He has until trade deadline to prove himself as a keeper, in which case one of Hutton or Stecher likely will hit the trade market (hoping Juolevi actually pans out). If he is is not showing the will/ability to excel, then bye bye for best you can get.
Last edited by lostinarink on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

At this point, you make room. The season is done. If Green and Benning are not willing to play out the rest of the season with the future in mind then I just might become a GillisBro. These two need to stop being stupid. A blatant tank with your future dominating the lineup may be in order, we ain’t winning with the vets, so why the fuck not? If I here Green go on about the little things that Eriksson does, etc I’ll lose it.
You needn't abandon your hatred of all thing Gillis in order to be skeptical, or even overtly critical, of Benning and his plans.
Then why are all you HF Canuck bro’s so quick to defend Gillis if it’s possible to be a BenningHater without being a GillisBro?

Benning inherited a team universally agreed upon, across the board, to possess the worst future outlook AND prospect pool in the NHL at the time of Jim’s hiring? Do you agree RG?
Are we still doing this? It’s been 5 years, move on - this is the longest breakup with Gillis imaginable. There are 5 players on this team that Gillis had some part in finding - Horvat (drafted), Gaudette (Gillis got the pick used to get him), Markstrom (Luongo trade), Hutton (drafted), Tanev (signed). Edler was already here. In case you were counting, that’s 3 of your 6 best players, along with Petey and Boeser, that Gillis gave to Jimbo, and arguably 5 of your best 10.

The rest of the filler on this roster is directly attributable to Jimbo and he’s been here 5 seasons, so let’s focus on that. This coming offseason will be his 6th in charge, that must be enough time to give him some credit and/or blame.
If RD didn’t have Gillis to post about then his daily posts would drop by half or more.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We have no idea what is needed in 2 years so don’t do anything now to make it more complicated for the draft. All of this because of a couple meaningless games now?

Not worth the risk.
Diehard1
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:24 pm

We (RG and I) are in the process of trying to define who exactly are the GillisBro’s and the BenningBro’s and that you are either one or the other, never both. What are you on about?
After 5 full seasons it’s done., the book on Gillis is closed. This is Jimbo’s baby, whether they sink or swim. Attributing any of this team to Gillis isn’t constructive as Jimbo has had plenty of time to shape it in his vision.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

How the fuck is anyone still talking about gillis? Its a diagnosable syndrome of some sort...

Doc....your thoughts? :lol:
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

lostinarink wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:30 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:59 pm
If Hughes plays more than 10 games - it’s 10, not 9, then we will most likely use one of Stecher, Hutton or Juolevi to Seattle.
Yes, Juolevi has to be protected. If Edler signs a deal with a NMC and we play Quinn more than 10 games then we have to expose two of Stecher, Juolevi and Hutton.
Based on current roster (or rights to players) I would prefer not to lose any of the following to the expansion draft:
- Edler
- Tanev
- Hutton
- Stecher
- Juolevi
- Tryamkin

I can live with losing Pouliot, Biega, Sautner, McEneny, Charfield or to a lesser degree, Schenn.
Aren't we going to lose one of Markstrom or Demko, so this whole discussion is moot.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 pm We have no idea what is needed in 2 years so don’t do anything now to make it more complicated for the draft. All of this because of a couple meaningless games now?

Not worth the risk.
Exactly. Its easy to say oh wow so we expose Stetcher, but Stetcher may not even be here. Thats the point. We don't know what our D will look like in two years and who will have to be exposed. Im not worried about losing Hughes, Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Juolevi, Types. They will be protected. But if we have to protect Hughes that leaves one more D we cant protect. We will in all likelihood protect 3 D. If Hughes needs to be protected and we assume Juolevi will be protected that leaves one more D we can protect. Thats the point.
The only HW the Canucks need
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Hey does anyone know, is Petey injured, cause something seems amiss?
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 pm How the fuck is anyone still talking about gillis? Its a diagnosable syndrome of some sort...

Doc....your thoughts? :lol:
It could be that some here are suffering from some kind of Coulrophobia/Dutchphobia combo.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I had to google those :lol:

Dutchphobia? Lol