Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:50 am
this is a professional league, with a professional image.
so why the fuck would anyone listen to the likes of you? LOL; You haven't got a clue what the new AHL team in Abby will be like.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:20 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:50 am
this is a professional league, with a professional image.
so why the fuck would anyone listen to the likes of you? LOL; You haven't got a clue what the new AHL team in Abby will be like.
Lol. Oh Gomer...

Your the one who has scratched players being chauffeurs and players riding the bus!

I wasn’t saying anything about what the team will be like.

This is a bad way to deflect your gomerism.. poor bullshitting and deflection.

Are you all whacked out on rainbow skittles again? Perhaps your Funckel filled you so full his rope sauce your ears are full and now you can hear the little voices in your head??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:28 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:16 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 pm Is Podkolzin under contract yet? Assuming he comes over it looks like he be the only Russian on the team in a very strange city. It's not the way I would prefer to do it.
Right, okay, so the gritty 3rd-line centre we trade for must be Russian. :mex:
Can sign July 1st UFA Grigorenko for $1.2m for a year to help Podkolzin adjust to North American life.
What about Anisimov on the cheap? $1M, one year?

They're benching him a lot in Ottawa this year.
700k done deal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:32 am For those that dream of a Benning free canucks future...

I read this article yesterday out of Montreal that sounded alot like how we used to have it in vancouver with year after year going by and not a prospect in sight. It was fucking terrible to remember and anyone who wants to devalue how huge an impact having top end drafting is for an organization need only read this article to look back at how we used to have it.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hoc ... 620329975

*grabs docs rolled up newspaper off his porch and smacks Vin and Mëds upside their dopamine depleted noggins

:D
Doc and I have discussed the baubles MS/Castapuppy similarities.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s not very nice Weibo. Shouldn’t you be out checking your trap lines this morning in preparation for your Mother’s Day Stew?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Doylidge, the Wrath has been quite impressive.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 am Hey Doylidge, the Wrath has been quite impressive.

He’s a lot more impressive than Olaf. The kid can skate miles out there and he has some sick edge work happening.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 am Hey Doylidge, the Wrath has been quite impressive.

He’s a lot more impressive than Olaf. The kid can skate miles out there and he has some sick edge work happening.
The D is in good shape moving forward. The Hambone is looking like the “stud” of old to the point he’s a must sign. Did you see Woo’s OT goal the other day, a thing of beauty Doyle! A thing of beauty.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 am

The D is in good shape moving forward. The Hambone is looking like the “stud” of old to the point he’s a must sign. Did you see Woo’s OT goal the other day, a thing of beauty Doyle! A thing of beauty.
It’s not as big of a mess as it was with Ratbones and to a lesser extent Woo stepping up. They still lack the AS guy that can go toe to toe with the other teams best players all night long like a prime Edler or Hamhuis.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 am

It’s not as big of a mess as it was with Ratbones and to a lesser extent Woo stepping up. They still lack the AS guy that can go toe to toe with the other teams best players all night long like a prime Edler or Hamhuis.
I agree. Myers and Eddy are clearly fading in their roles and replacing them is a must. Lets pray that Ronny Franchise bites on bit Tyler
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Myers is fine. He has the same amount of points this season as $6.75 million Patrick Laine.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 am Myers is fine.
Agreed, overpaid by maybe a mill, what's that, 20% ?

Not a problem. Not like Beags, Rooster, and Loui.

But just one more year on those guys, we can do this.

If you can somehow upgrade on Myers, sure, go for it.

But that would be a very difficult thing to pull off.

And assets would have to be sacrificed of course...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 am Myers is fine. He has the same amount of points this season as $6.75 million Patrick Laine.
It’s not the points that’s the issue. Problem is who does he play with it in the top 4? It’s his work in his own zone that is a problem. At the end of the day I don’t have a massive problem with the guy as he shows up and gives 100% and is clearly liked and respected in that room and they don’t have many options back there that shoot right. He’s overpaid by a million or 1.5. Find the money somewhere else because I think he’d be tough to move at full price.

Hoglander is scoring at a .5 pace with hardly any PP time. 23 even strength points is awesome so far. We may have our own Brendan Gallagher.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle speaking of Myers what’s the deal with Patrick Laine?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:49 am Doyle speaking of Myers what’s the deal with Patrick Laine?
One has nothing to do with the other. I guess they are both tall and both played in Winnipeg :?