The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rats19 »

But.... the Raptors :wow:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am She’s too Eastern Block for me to consider her a true Canadian. For some reason all of Canada’s top tennis players are fresh off the boat from somewhere else.
You do realize she was born here..... right?
I guarantee you she’s speaking Romanian at home not Canadian.
So when pappa guido told you to get out from under the tables at the 5 in italian...
My great grand-wop moved here in 1903, to Strathcona, not 1994 like the Andreescu’s. My Old mans dad was born in Vancouver. Shit brah, I’m watered down Canadian, Ma is Scottish. My old man didn’t even know how to speak Wop. Shit when did your folks move here from Poland? 1955?
I was 4 when we moved here from NZ.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

My great grandad came in 1892 to Rosenfeld Saskatchewan :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

My Great grandad originally came to New Westminster, BC. Left for the States though, found a woman then came back. 8-)

Tennis? Too bad she>>Image fizzled out.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:03 am My great grandad came in 1892 to Rosenfeld Saskatchewan :mrgreen:
Flatlander!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am She’s too Eastern Block for me to consider her a true Canadian. For some reason all of Canada’s top tennis players are fresh off the boat from somewhere else.
You do realize she was born here..... right?
I guarantee you she’s speaking Romanian at home not Canadian.
So when pappa guido told you to get out from under the tables at the 5 in italian...
My great grand-wop moved here in 1903, to Strathcona, not 1994 like the Andreescu’s. My Old mans dad was born in Vancouver. Shit brah, I’m watered down Canadian, Ma is Scottish. My old man didn’t even know how to speak Wop. Shit when did your folks move here from Poland? 1955?
I was 4 when we moved here from NZ.
So we got 50 Canadian years on you Kiwis (exiled petty thief criminals from England).
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:29 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:20 pm
olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm Image
Image 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 am So we got 50 Canadian years on you Kiwis (exiled petty thief criminals from England).
Wrong! Thats the filthy auzzies...

We were your typical colonials exploiting the indigenous like the rest of the civilized world
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am Wrong! Thats the filthy auzzies...

We were your typical colonials exploiting the indigenous like the rest of the civilized world
Evil

My ancestors were bootleggers of whiskey in East Van, some even worked at Joe Kennedy’s whiskey warehouse in Railtown, the Irish Al Capone. Let the good times roll. They didn’t rape and pillage like yours, just provided the devils juice in a celebratory fashion
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:26 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am Wrong! Thats the filthy auzzies...

Evil

My ancestors were bootleggers of whiskey in East Van, some even worked at Joe Kennedy’s whiskey warehouse in Railtown, the Irish Al Capone. Let the good times roll. They didn’t rape and pillage like yours, just provided the devils juice in a celebratory fashion
Vancouver had a pretty interesting history before it became a landing target for the mass migrations of the late 80s.

When i visit now it looks like a different world
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 am .
My Great grandad originally came to New Westminster, BC. Left for the States though, found a woman then came back. 8-)

Tennis? Too bad she>>Image fizzled out.
Well, you’re not allowed to wear that on the court anyway, so...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:33 am Vancouver had a pretty interesting history before it became a landing target for the mass migrations of the late 80s.

When i visit now it looks like a different world
Sure did. When prohibition ended in the states a lot of Vancouver cross border rum runner/bootleggers were left with large amounts of unsellable stock due to loss of their biggest market - America, so one individual bought up most of this insellable stock at a rate and sold it under the table while working as a waiter at the Columbia Hotel DTES around 1940 and used those earnings to buy a well known establishment a couple blocks away.
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

[/quote]

Image 8-)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Image 8-)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:56 am [

Sure did. When prohibition ended in the states a lot of Vancouver cross border rum runner/bootleggers were left with large amounts of unsellable stock due to loss of their biggest market - America, so one individual bought up most of this insellable stock at a rate and sold it under the table while working as a waiter at the Columbia Hotel DTES around 1940 and used those earnings to buy a well known establishment a couple blocks away.
Who's that, John Jacob Astor?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Alvo von Alvensleben
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”